Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Snowden Leaks To Reveal NSA's 'Central Role In The US Assassination Program'

Snowden Leaks To Reveal NSA's 'Central Role In The US Assassination Program'

By Michael Kelley | Business Insider 10/5/2013
    We know a bit about the NSA's connection to America's global capture/kill machine already.

In the 2010 report " Top secret America ," Dana Priest and Will Arkin of The Washington Post reported that the NSA provided the capture/kill squads of Joint Special Operations Command (JSOC) with a huge advantage after the signals intelligence agency "learned to locate all electronic signals in Iraq."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/snowde...131900670.html
    It sounds like a Mafia country.

Deleted
    Reveal them for what they are. Good for you guys. I hope you turn your country on it's head. Someday, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    So what? The NSA helped JSOC locate all of the murderous insurgents in Iraq during the Second Gulf War and eliminate them with extreme prejudice. Why is this a bad thing at all, and more importantly, how does this make the United States a "mafia country"?

10+ Year Old Account
    ehh? Is this about how Navy seals go out and kill terrorist leaders hiding out in neutral countries? If so i'm not sure how this is all that bad just the other day they kill the leader of that group that attacked that mall in Kenya
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    So what? The NSA helped JSOC locate all of the murderous insurgents in Iraq during the Second Gulf War and eliminate them with extreme prejudice. Why is this a bad thing at all, and more importantly, how does this make the United States a "mafia country"?
    What makes you so sure they won't use these techniques against your own? Don't be so ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Real Greenbean View Post
    What makes you so sure they won't use these techniques against your own? Don't be so ignorant.
    slippery slopes are the best slopes
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Third Amendment to the Constitution of the United States makes me pretty sure that Americans have nothing to worry about. The slippery slope fallacy would also like to have a word with you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGravemind View Post
    The Third Amendment to the Constitution of the United States makes me pretty sure that Americans have nothing to worry about. The slippery slope fallacy would also like to have a word with you.
    As far as I remember, your precious government have no issues with finding loop-holes or blatantly ignoring the constitutional rights of your people.

*Edit* Didn't Snowden reveal that Uncle Sam was spying on their own people? I think it's set in stone already. Constitutional rights? Yeah, like ... a few decades ago, sure. Now? Neh.

Deleted
    I'm still dodgy what comes out of peoples mouth, hard proof is rarely used...

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I remember, your precious government have no issues with finding loop-holes or blatantly ignoring the constitutional rights of your people.
    France kicked all the Gypsies out of the country, whats to stop them from kicking all other groups that aren't pure French out of the country?

Um, the US assassination program has been out in the open for a long time now. It's also common knowledge that SIGNIT plays an important part in their efforts.

Except there was apparently no outside oversight. Without oversight, how are you supposed to trust that what they are doing is above board? This is also ignoring the fact that it very likely went against ratified treaties, as well as violated SOFA agreements with sovereign nations. Other than the crimes against humanity and the war crimes, I'm sure we can trust the government not to do anything illegal/immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    Um, the US assassination program has been out in the open for a long time now. It's also common knowledge that SIGNIT plays an important part in their efforts.
    The real issue would be the lack of oversight with the specific program. It looks like they were overstepping their defined roles. Of course, that is nothing new.

Ignorance is thinking not all countries do things like this!

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The real issue would be the lack of oversight with the specific program. It looks like they were overstepping their defined roles. Of course, that is nothing new.
    How is the NSA providing SIGNIT to the US military overstepping their role? That is literally their job description.

10+ Year Old Account
    Except there was apparently no outside oversight. Without oversight, how are you supposed to trust that what they are doing is above board? This is also ignoring the fact that it very likely went against ratified treaties, as well as violated SOFA agreements with sovereign nations. Other than the crimes against humanity and the war crimes, I'm sure we can trust the government not to do anything illegal/immoral.

- - - Updated - - -

assuming it was straight up military its a safe bet that they had a bit of oversight its groups like the CIA and FBI that have a bit less oversight

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good thing.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Quote Originally Posted by Olo View Post
    How is the NSA providing SIGNIT to the US military overstepping their role? That is literally their job description.
    And if they didn't have proper oversight (which Snowden showed that they definitely did not), then they are overstepping their role. If the intelligence is used in violation of treaties or SOFA agreements, then there is obviously not proper oversight. It's not a question of IF we've broken the agreements, as there are documented instances of it. The real question is HOW MANY times it has happened.

For a contractor, Snowden def seems to not only, "know", but have an opinion on everything.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    For a contractor, Snowden def seems to not only, "know", but have an opinion on everything.
    which reminds me, didn't russia allow him to stay on the stipulation that he stops posting stuff? Seems like Russia has been angry that they aren't in the news as much anymore between this and Greenpeace.....

And if they didn't have proper oversight (which Snowden showed that they definitely did not), then they are overstepping their role. If the intelligence is used in violation of treaties or SOFA agreements, then there is obviously not proper oversight. It's not a question of IF we've broken the agreements, as there are documented instances of it. The real question is HOW MANY times it has happened.
    If raids were carried out in violation of any agreement that's on the white house who approves them and JSOC who runs them. The NSA providing intell is them doing their job.