Digital Expansion: Conflict Rising

Formerly known as the super secret space project
    trailer
    http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20131008
    details:
    http://www.swtor.com/galactic-starfighter
    goddman they made it an expansion
    Last edited by moff; 2013-10-08 at 08:04 PM.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hter-Expansion

It's called Galactic Starfighter, and supposedly it's going to be a free expansion.

Dissapointing... An EXPANSION even. Just seems like an added mini-game?
    Nothing else in this expansion except this? Need more info I guess but I'm afraid they've already shown all their cards.

I dont give a shit if it's 20, 40, or even 60 bucks.

Also, they say "f2p expansion" so there's a chance that it's like module 1 from NWO where it's free. I don't see a price tag anywhere and nov 1 is around the corner so... its free.

Otherwise there would be a PREORDER NOW! button.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    Nothing else in this expansion except this? Need more info I guess but I'm afraid they've already shown all their cards.
    Expansion is a euphemism for large patch in F2P games. (sto, nwo, ect)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skiritai View Post
    Also, rail space combat is a minigame.

3d space flight is an expansion.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I somehow doubt that its completely free, they call it a free to play expansion, but they have handled expressions like that dubiously in the past. at leat I'd expect them to let f2p players to unlock it (like the section x zone for instance) but since they call it an expansion I fully expect that even subbers need to pay for it.
    if not, all the better, it DOES look fun in the trailer, I just hope there are no pay to win components to get the money instead, that would destroy it and make me sad, seriously sad.

10+ Year Old Account
    This seems cool on paper. I bet theres a catch somewhere. There always is.

Quote Originally Posted by moff View Post
    I somehow doubt that its completely free, they call it a free to play expansion, but they have handled expressions like that dubiously in the past. at leat I'd expect them to let f2p players to unlock it (like the section x zone for instance) but since they call it an expansion I fully expect that even subbers need to pay for it.
    if not, all the better, it DOES look fun in the trailer, I just hope there are no pay to win components to get the money instead, that would destroy it and make me sad, seriously sad.
    Notice the "subscribers get gunship role automatically"?

So you have to unlock roles / purchase them.

You will probably start with a standard ship.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...0&postcount=10

That's about as confirmed as we're going to get. Though I do share some of your concerns, like that it may be locked to only max level players. BioWare have a habit of having extremely loose interpretations of words.

Oh and "paint jobs"

Those will probably be sold in boxes lol.

I am fine with paint jobs, thats what the cartel market is for.
    unlocks? not so much. earliers ones that you get fast as an early access perk is fine, though.

please dont destroy this with pay 2 win, bioware, please.

I am fine with paint jobs, thats what the cartel market is for.
    unlocks? not so much. earliers ones that you get fast as an early access perk is fine, though.

please dont destroy this with pay 2 win, bioware, please.
    If you can unlock the other roles through playing the game then it's not pay 2 win. Esp if they are just different types of ship rather than more powerful ships.

starconflict says holla

Deleted
    I'm going to force myself to forget all of the terminally bad decisions BW has made over the last couple of years and allow my enthusiasm to be renewed....for now at least.

Deleted
    Hmm so it is only PVP based, will they make it PVE as well and allow free roaming space exploration?

Quote Originally Posted by HavocPrime View Post
    Hmm so it is only PVP based, will they make it PVE as well and allow free roaming space exploration?
    Probably.

It's the only thing they can offer that you can't get in other mmos.

I'm assuming in the future they'll expand it to add in some PvE content. However true free roaming in massive space maps? I doubt we'll ever see that. It doesn't really jive with any other part of the game, and given the likely limitations in the tech at the moment that would be an absolutely massive undertaking.

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    If you can unlock the other roles through playing the game then it's not pay 2 win. Esp if they are just different types of ship rather than more powerful ships.

starconflict says holla
    datamining has shown that you can also buy/upgrade/customize weapons, with weird placeholder graphics next to them. might or might not be cartel market, we'll see.

Colour me unimpressed, at least with what they've released so far. I wasn't expecting an accurate recreation of X-Wing or Tie-Fighter, but from what they showed it reeks of oversimplification with some limited customisation options for the ships. Yeah I get it, cool graphics and your ship can roll, wow man!

I will still keep an eye on it, but I have to say I am not very optimistic with what they showed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would be terrible if they didn't, but from this video it just looks like PVP bg's which is poor.

Step in the right direction at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Would be terrible if they didn't, but from this video it just looks like PVP bg's which is poor.

Step in the right direction at least.
    it woulb probably have been too much to add pvp and some PVE Content, I am sure they think about implementing it into PVE somehow, there are many attractive possibilities. but if they have to choose, I think ist the smarter decision to start with the pvp part, this will add tons of hours of replayability.

and yes, ist not a proper Expansion like JTLS, but ist also free, and it adds a whole new part of the game, so who cares about what they call it.