Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I've never heard of anyone called Quinten; isn't it usually Quentin?

Deleted
    Who is Quinten? Should I know him?
    It is sort of funny how one media controversy can get all of the internet viewers all upset about the story of a single family / person and then act differently after being manipulated by the news about it. I dont find any reason why people should care about these things.

If people should get upset by this, then they should get upset like every single second they live because every second there's something worse happening than what the media shows. (people in africa die of starvation, parents kill children in half of the world, china is getting struck by smug and wah wah), yet you only care about some family issues?

Deleted
    This forum has gone right downhill lately, we have lost many of the best posters and seem to be replacing them with denizens of /b/.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by likemah View Post
    It is sort of funny how one media controversy can get all of the internet viewers all upset about the story of a single family / person and then act differently after being manipulated by the news about it. I dont find any reason why people should care about these things.

If people should get upset by this, then they should get upset like every single second they live because every second there's something worse happening than what the media shows. (people in africa die of starvation, parents kill children in half of the world, china is getting struck by smug and wah wah), yet you only care about some family issues?
    I don't get upset by these things on that sort of reasoning, You can't care about everything, everywhere, But it's very obvious why people get upset about this for instance, I'm surprised I have to explain it to you, but Oh well, Anyway, Everyone knows shit like this(and worse) happens, But when you read about the actual story, from someone who was so highly affected by it, and with pictures, It makes it more real, a story about abuse somewhere by someone against someone with no details is nothing, But adding the facts, pictures, faces, having names etc lets your brain fully understand that it is infact real, and thus, people are affected by it.

So with this logic, no one should care about anything because it has happened before/is happening right now.

Also, I doubt much people posting here even bothered to look at the pictures, let alone read the article.

Deleted
    I don't get upset by these things on that sort of reasoning, You can't care about everything, everywhere, But it's very obvious why people get upset about this for instance, I'm surprised I have to explain it to you, but Oh well, Anyway, Everyone knows shit like this(and worse) happens, But when you read about the actual story, from someone who was so highly affected by it, and with pictures, It makes it more real, a story about abuse somewhere by someone against someone with no details is nothing, But adding the facts, pictures, faces, having names etc lets your brain fully understand that it is infact real, and thus, people are affected by it.
    But it gets worn out after a while.
    So with this logic, no one should care about anything because it has happened before/is happening right now.
    Dont take what i say to the extreme, even though it sounded that way.

I mean that people "care" / take the articles so close to their hearts that they create these "justice for X" petitions where most people suffer from a messiah complex. If their intentions are to help people, there are better alternatives.

Also, I doubt much people posting here even bothered to look at the pictures, let alone read the article.
    You got that right!

Although I almost always withhold judgment until I've heard both sides of a story, the pictures tell a pretty damning story of neglect.
    Whether or not father is ever punished for the neglect is up to the courts to decide, but he's certainly a dismal human in my eyes.
    Very sad story. I hope the girl and surviving brother aren't too hard on themselves, it's not their fault.

SO yea... let's not go the way of calling each other names or spending much time discussing other people's bad behavior. Just report them and move on to the actual topic

10+ Year Old Account

Are you serious? Just because people pay a little attention to one story they suddenly forget the others?