Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I am not sure what is going to be, but something that I am 100% sure is that a lot of people are going to complain complain complain complain,

expect many post of people saying "I am cancelling my subscription" and uploading screenshoots of their cancelled battlenet account.

That is the only sure thing

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seasz View Post
    So far we have 2 solid clues:

1. Bibi does know what the next xpac is
    3. Unfortunately. It is not "The Dark Below"
    So we think it's not named The Dark Below.

Of course legion fans will jump on this as proof it's not an Azshara expansion.

I say it'll be an Azshara expansion, but not named TDB.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    So therefor I have to ask.

Do you know what it is? A simple yes or no will do.

If you say no, then I cannot believe that it's not TDB, because you're as uninformed as the rest of us.
    lolwut ? He can easily know that it's not TDB without knowing what it actually is. Would take 3 seconds:

Someone from Blizz, to Boub: "It's not TDB." Actually that took me about 1 second to say.

He's not gonna say whether he knows. It's close enough to Blizzcon that we'll all know.

- - - Updated - - -

So far we have 2 solid clues:

1. Bibi does know what the next xpac is
    3. Unfortunately. It is not "The Dark Below"
    We don't know he knows what it is. And we don't even know he knows it's not TDB; we're only presuming that his change in tone (from "I think it's not TDB" to "It's not TDB") means he knows.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    We don't know he knows what it is
    Here's the proof:
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Babzu View Post
    Do you have info on the next wow expansion, regardless of if you plan to share it?
    Yeah. And for the record/to end the conspiracy theory, I still have no clue if The Dark Below was true, I still suspect it was a massive fake.

The expansion name is probably the hardest thing to get these days, especially because of the entire drama that followed the leak of the MoP name. It's much easier to know what the expansion is than to know its name.

Here's the proof:
    You cite as proof that he knows what it is ... a post where he says he doesn't know if TDB was true ?

All that post confirms is that he has some info on the next xpac. Maybe he knows the general gist of what the content / theme will be. Maybe he knows the name. Maybe he only knows the name isn't TDB. Maybe he knows every detail. Maybe all he knows is the new level cap.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by thatmikeguy2 View Post
    You do not know that, we can not see what is "Filed", until after it's accepted.
    .. Yes you can.

- - - Updated - - -

An Azshara-based expansion is probably still very likely. I'm just convinced it's not named The Dark Below, and I'm becoming more and more convinced of that as time goes on.

Considering how the theory crafting began when MoP was trademarked and how much a spoiler that was, I think it's safe to say that they are actively trying to keep things under wraps.

Personally, I like it.

Builds suspense for Blizzcon.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Yeah pretty much going with this myself. I don't think we will get a legion xpac just yet

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderWolf View Post
    Yeah pretty much going with this myself. I don't think we will get a legion xpac just yet
    Name aside, it's either an Azshara themed expansion or it's a Burning Legion expansion. Take your pick. Though my guess is the Azshara expansion at this point, even though I really don't want it to be.

My opinion, Legion expansion.

1. I think at this stage in WoW they want to bring even more people in. This is their breadwinner and they are investing more in new models etc. So what better way to do it? Sargeras is the ultimate bad guy everyone knows (Arthus).

2. A lot of people seem to remember the burning crusade expansion fondly = subs

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KClovesGaming View Post
    Name aside, it's either an Azshara themed expansion or it's a Burning Legion expansion. Take your pick. Though my guess is the Azshara expansion at this point, even though I really don't want it to be.
    Wouldn't it be fun if Blizzard proved us all wrong and it really was the Infinite expansion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    There is no reason to believe it was filed -by- Blizzard. It was only filed with Blizzard's information, which was all publicly available. It was a carbon copy of one of their previous trademarks. It did not get through all the mandatory checks successfully and was removed from the database entirely.
    I love how people like to say "TDB appeared on the EU! It's real!" I bet you half those people never stuck with the search to find it was later removed with no trace, which is what happens to fraudulent TMs

You know why I think it's The Dark Below? (By that I actually mean the theme of it, it's easy to change a name before it's gone gold and print)

Because 90% of people here on MMO-C and across the internetwebs cried NO, NO WAY, NEVER and gave multiple reasons.

I spend a few hours the other day reading old threads about it, and my god, nearly everyone did not believe MoP, seriously go look, it was ridiculous.

Look what happened.

I'd be cool with a Naga themed expansion or BL expansion, I'd lean more towards BL, and with a Naga expansion I'd hope for 10-20% only underwater, unless they revamp underwated massively, which they will of.

Blizzard hasn't been known to be predictable in their expansion cycles. Vanilla implied that Arthas and the Scourge were a big threat with Naxxramas being the last raid of that part of the game's life. Instead, we went to Outland. Following that, we finally did go to Northrend, but what came next nobody could've seen coming. Cataclysm was a complete shock, and Mists of Pandaria as well came completely out of left wing. I wouldn't be shocked if the Burning Legion foreshadowing ultimately means nothing for this next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post
    You know why I think it's The Dark Below?

Because 90% of people here on MMO-C and across the internetwebs cried NO, NO WAY, NEVER and gave multiple reasons.

I spend a few hours the other day reading old threads about it, and my god, nearly everyone did not believe MoP, seriously go look, it was ridiculous.

Look what happened.

I'd be cool with a Naga themed expansion or BL expansion, I'd lean more towards BL, and with a Naga expansion I'd hope for 10-20% only underwater, unless they revamp underwated massively, which they will of.
    The people who did not believe Mists of Pandaria were desperate. It was an officially registered trademark that was filed under video game software. There was not a single doubt in my mind that Mists of Pandaria would be the next expansion, because it was all right there for everybody to see. While Blizzard did make some dismissive comments, that is standard fare for them.. However.

This is a very different ball game. The Dark Below is not trademarked. The entire trademark situation with The Dark Below is muddled at best. Right now, it's very much looking like it was a hoax. Because of that, I cannot say that I believe the trademark was ever real. I may be proven wrong, but I really don't think that's the name. It just makes no sense for Blizzard to file the application only to take it down a few weeks later. There is absolutely NO reason for that. It makes them vulnerable and opens them up to having some other company swoop in and take the name.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    Wouldn't it be fun if Blizzard proved us all wrong and it really was the Infinite expansion?
    I'd laugh all the way to...the Caverns of time!
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd laugh all the way to...the Caverns of time!
    Perhaps not even necessarily time travel - we don't quite need that as a main theme shark jump - but what about shifting from one timeway to another? Not any future or past, but an alternate version (or possible multiple versions) of Azeroth, one where, perhaps, the Infinite Dragonflight have succeeded? Or perhaps the true timeline, ours having being altered because of the removal of the Dragon Soul (yes, this had an effect on the timeways - what it is remains to be see, but Chromie was worried about it and Nozdormu said the mortal timewalkers would have to deal with whatever the problem was)?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Blizzard hasn't been known to be predictable in their expansion cycles. Vanilla implied that Arthas and the Scourge were a big threat with Naxxramas being the last raid of that part of the game's life. Instead, we went to Outland. Following that, we finally did go to Northrend, but what came next nobody could've seen coming. Cataclysm was a complete shock, and Mists of Pandaria as well came completely out of left wing. I wouldn't be shocked if the Burning Legion foreshadowing ultimately means nothing for this next expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

The people who did not believe Mists of Pandaria were desperate. It was an officially registered trademark that was filed under video game software. There was not a single doubt in my mind that Mists of Pandaria would be the next expansion, because it was all right there for everybody to see. While Blizzard did make some dismissive comments, that is standard fare for them.. However.

This is a very different ball game. The Dark Below is not trademarked. The entire trademark situation with The Dark Below is muddled at best. Right now, it's very much looking like it was a hoax. Because of that, I cannot say that I believe the trademark was ever real. I may be proven wrong, but I really don't think that's the name. It just makes no sense for Blizzard to file the application only to take it down a few weeks later. There is absolutely NO reason for that. It makes them vulnerable and opens them up to having some other company swoop in and take the name.
    I'm really surprised that some one has not tried to trademark The Dark Below to end that debate once and for all.

I think the dark below is pretty much all but certain. WoW community managers make fun of it because they're annoyed it was leaked and are mad the smart fans found it so fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Sageofthe10paths View Post
    I think the dark below is pretty much all but certain. WoW community managers make fun of it because they're annoyed it was leaked and are mad the smart fans found it so fast.
    <facepalm>

Is that really the argument you're going with?

Quote Originally Posted by Travio View Post
    What's fun about a mediocre expansion idea? Really.