Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Big fan of the Blademaster, but I can only see it as a transmogset, or as a reward for a quest chain ala green fire. Yet, it could work for warrior, monk and rogue, so they can become a BM, with the transmog set, the title, and some spells adjusted, like bladestorm, Spinning crane kick and blade flurry to the visual of the blademasters bladestorm in wc3.
    Problem, BM is more of a horde class, so there would be the mountain king for the alliance. but what classes would you add for other races? So pretty unlikely, sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    We just fought a Tinker in Siege, and he's considered one of the toughest bosses in that raid. Not to mention the various other Tinker-style enemies we've faced in WoW since vanilla. There's plenty of reasons to disagree with Tinker being the next class. Saying that they're nowhere to be found in the Warcraft universe outside of the WC3 hero isn't one of them.
    Can we stick to the OP topic please?
    I've been trying to imagine where Blademaster could fit in, and I know I'm biased towards 4th specs, but a 2Hd spec for Rogues would be pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by rerecros View Post
    warriors waaay to similar
    Not really no.

ONT: Yes theres a possibility, but tbh theres a possibility for anything. Just go back to MoP announcement, no one on the planet expected pandas.

Deleted
    If you look at the Goblin Tinker and the Goblin Alchemist, you notice that their entire ability set isn't within any existing a WoW class. Their ability set doesn't exist in Engineering or Alchemy either. Additionally, when asked about a a Tinker class, GC never mentioned an overlap with Engineering. He did mention the overlap with DHs and several existing classes though.
    I can argue on the Alchemist and Tinker abilities that are in the game already.

I can remmeber 3 of the abilities of the Goblin Alchemist he got
    1.Healing spray - Shaman's Healing raind ring any bell here?
    2.Enrage potion - im sure there was such potion back in Vanilla (even maybe still exists) - http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=potion+of+rage
    3.The ultimate was ... wait for it... wait for it... Transmute:Gold.

Also goblin tinker abilities are in the game. I again remmeber 3 abilies of his
    1. Poket factory - im pretty sure every engineer was able to make back in Vanila sheep critters that charge at the target and explode on contact. Also there are tons of shizzles that summon mechincal minions. Pretty simmilar dont you think? :P
    2. Cluster rockets i beleave it was the 2nd - no comments on it. Again whoever have enginner remmeber that there are sime "rocket" launcing shizzles in the enginnering recepies
    3. Enginnering upgrade or something like that was it and if i remmeber corect was passive - well thats basicaly synapse strings.
    4. The Ultimate was transforming him into a vehicle a la Skygolem :P

So basicaly the goblin alchemist for WC3 is simple alchemist on top of a Ogre and goblin tinker is well goblin engineer.

We just fought a Tinker in Siege, and he's considered one of the toughest bosses in that raid. Not to mention the various other Tinker-style enemies we've faced in WoW since vanilla. There's plenty of reasons to disagree with Tinker being the next class. Saying that they're nowhere to be found in the Warcraft universe outside of the WC3 hero isn't one of them.
    Dont want to be rude or something like that. However you are right. We faced/fighted several tinkerstyle bosses. But yet again you have to admit that these "bosses" were just some random NPCs inside a raid instance with little to none lore behinde them. From what i see if Blizzard would have wanted to add tinker class they could have make it when they added gnomes to the game or when they added goblins to the game. That would have made a lot of sence since both these races are "tinkercentered", dont you think? Also i really think that tinker woudnt fit in WoW gamestyle at all even less than pandas and monks fit in it.
    Just one thing people have to realize - that there is tinker class in other MMORPGs doesnt have to force Blizzard to add them to the game and ,again, i think that is even one more reason to not add them to the game. Also (a lot of people said it already in tinker discusion threads) we have engineering primary proffesion. Also from what i see is that every tinker we encountered as boss is always in a vehicle a la Skygolem - again that wount fit in wow gamestyle. Can you imagine how ridcluis it will be to run around like some sort of Ironman? This is just silly from WoW PoV :}

On topic: As i think about it right now Warriors at the moment are really current blademasters. Think about . Now every warrior is stacking crit. Critting like a boss and bladestorming the moment he see 2-3+ adds on one place They just miss Windwalk!!! Oh oh oh! And Mirror Images.. oh wait.. mages got them
    Last edited by mmoc0c907153ea; 2013-11-05 at 02:49 PM.

The only real pattern is that Blizzard has pulled their class ideas directly from the WC3 RTS game. If you look at every class in the game and compare it to their RTS counterparts, you quickly notice which concepts are already in the game, and which ones are not. Blizzard either used those old hero unit abilities as a new class, or for parts of a new class.

So Blademasters are already in the game ability wise due to Warriors possessing Bladestorm, Mages possessing Mirror Image, and Rogues possessing a version of Windwalk. Demon Hunters are already in game due to Warlocks having metamorphosis, and immolation, Rogues having Evasion, and Priests having Mana Burn. Wardens are already in the game due to Mages having Blink, and Rogues having Fan of Knives.

If you look at the Goblin Tinker and the Goblin Alchemist, you notice that their entire ability set isn't within any existing a WoW class. Their ability set doesn't exist in Engineering or Alchemy either. Additionally, when asked about a a Tinker class, GC never mentioned an overlap with Engineering. He did mention the overlap with DHs and several existing classes though.

Based on the last two expansion classes (DKs, Monks), there's a strong indication that a class based on mechanicals and technology is next. Why? Because prior to their introduction, their WC3 ability sets were also absent from the existing class lineup.
    Good point.

But what if they removed some of those abilities with a new class in mind. also, they could take some of those spells and use them for the new class ala dks and deathcoil.

i'm just grasping here.

Don't start tinkerer vs all other classes plis XD
    It's pointless.

People that likes tinkerers will find a lot of hints that they are the next class.
    Other people that likes other classes, will find too.

And Blizzard can do whatever they want without any problem (they are paying to some people to do that, so it's their job to "create" impossible things, and doesn't matter the problems, they will find any solution).

Returning to OP, of course they can create a Blade master class. But I'm not sure If it's the best to be implemented now and If this class doesn't fits anything better than some transmogs for warriors/rogues/monks with asian-oriented style or just an NPC class (there are some blademasters in the game, all of them awesome).

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    There is little room for any of those without substantially stepping on the toes of already established classes/professions, leaving little to no room for differentiation.
    I am not convinced by any new class idea just yet that has been doing the rounds.
    Pretty much. Demon Hunter, Mountain King, Blademaster and almost all of the RPG/RTS Heroes are already covered by just about every other class. The only way you'd see any of them is if they drastically change the Hero classes or classes in-game, neither of which people will like because it'll either not be the Hero class they wanted or because their own class got shafted so a Hero class could exist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms Warriors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deithy View Post
    I can argue on the Alchemist and Tinker abilities that are in the game already.

I can remmeber 3 of the abilities of the Goblin Alchemist he got
    1.Healing spray - Shaman's Healing raind ring any bell here?
    Yeah, Healing Spray and Healing Rain are nothing alike at all.

Healing Spray:
    40 yd range
    Channeled 30 sec cooldown
    Applies a magic spray to the target, healing it every 1 sec. for 10 sec.
    Healing Rain:
    40 yd range
    2 sec cast 10 sec cooldown
    Requires Shaman
    Requires level 60
    Calls forth healing rains to blanket the area targeted by the Shaman, restoring health to allies in the area every 2 sec for 10 sec. Healing effectiveness diminishes for each player beyond 6 within the area.

2.Enrage potion - im sure there was such potion back in Vanilla (even maybe still exists) - http://www.wowhead.com/search?q=potion+of+rage
    Yeah, Chemical Rage and Enrage Potion are different from each other as well.

Chemical Rage:
    The Alchemist causes his Ogre to enter a chemically induced rage, increasing movement rate by 50% and increasing attack rate.
    Enrage Potion:
    Use: Instantly generates 20 to 40 rage.
    Should I even mention that Enrage potion can only be used by Warriors and Bear Druids?

The Alchemy version of transumte gold doesn't kill the target. The Goblin Alchemist version DOES. It operates much like Death Touch does for Monks. Also the Alchemist ability is called Transmute iron to gold.

Here's the ability breakdowns:

Transmute iron to gold:
    Turns a bar of Iron into a bar of Gold.
    Transmute:
    Kills a target unit instantly, transforming it into gold which is added to your available gold! Transmute cannot be used on Heroes, or creeps above level 5.

In short, none of the abilities you claimed are remotely similar to the Goblin Alchemist hero. You did an even poorer job with the Tinker's abilities.

You get points for trying though.

So basicaly the goblin alchemist for WC3 is simple alchemist on top of a Ogre and goblin tinker is well goblin engineer.
    Incorrect. Engineering and Alchemy do not have the ability sets of either hero within them. Furthermore, you're talking about professions. The problem with Demon Hunters and Blademasters is that their abilities ARE in the game and are being used by other classes. You're comparing abilities that A. Don't share the name, and B. Don't even do remotely the same thing.

That's a big difference.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-11-05 at 08:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think so. Blademasters are just extremly skilled Orc Warriors empowered by deamon blood or elements (according to wowpedia). Besides Warrior,Rogues and Mages got some of their signature abilities. But hey...people keep saying same thing about Deamon Hunter and Warlock and i still want them Honestly for me both, Blademaster or Deamon hunter would be cool as they were my favorite heres back in wc3 along with Mountain King.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pwnjitsu View Post
    What makes people so sure we are getting a new class this expac?

Vanilla: Classes and races introduced
    TBC: New races
    Wrath: Hero Class
    Cata: New races
    Mop: Class and Race
    WoD/TDB: new races.
    Next: Hero Class
    After: New races
    further: New race and a new class.

The pattern they have laid out tells us we probably wont get a new class.
    apophenia
    look it up
    there is no pattern per se.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyrops View Post
    Personally I think there is a void atm with ranged weapons being hunters only.
    Any class that would use ranged weapons as primary weapons would work: tinkerer with guns, demon hunter with bows/xbows. Or perhaps like we have now 2hnd and 1h melee, we could have a class with ranged/melee weapon for different specs.
    The bigger void is with Int plate being exclusive to one spec of one class. That's fucking absurd. Either Ret needs to be moved to Int or one of the DK specs does.
    "It is a demonstration of incomprehensible hubris to quote one's self, especially in one's own forum signature."
    ¬PetersenIII

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    The bigger void is with Int plate being exclusive to one spec of one class. That's fucking absurd. Either Ret needs to be moved to Int or one of the DK specs does.
    Easiest solution would be to downgrade holy paladins to mail armor.
    Blizzard could just one-button-convert all intellect plate armor in the game to mail armor. I assume they have the tools for it.
    The armor loss for Holy paladins should be compensated with a passive armor aura. (just like Devotion Aura gave passive armor for paladins pre-MoP)

Retri and Prot paladins would get plate armor as passive from their specialization.

This should have been done for MoP already due to the implementation of specialization passive abilities.

There are few other options for changing some of the armor classes depending on whether or not there is a new class. Assuming there is a new class; there are only two possible armor classes for the new class, int/agi mail or int plate. At the moment mail armor is used by 2 classes only, other armors are 3 classes each.
    If the new class uses intellect plate, there would be no need to downgrade paladins to mail.
    If the new class uses agility mail, intellect plate should be downgraded.

All cloth armor should be spirit cloth, too. Spirit should give warlock and mages hit. It's obnoxious that all spirit cloth armor is used by one class only. Same goes for intellect plate, which has been an issue for years.

The only realistically possible weapons for the new class are agility bows/guns/xbows or caster intellect weapons. The new class can't be a melee class. It would be totally weird if it is a melee, because the previous two new classes (DK & Monk) both have been melee.

TL;DR, the conclusion:
    The new class should be agility mail user who uses bows/guns/xbows and is a ranged dps and a possible healer.
    Paladins will get downgraded to intellect mail and intellect plate is removed from the game (all intellect plate that is in the game now will be converted to mail)

EDIT: Rearranged the text quite a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

People have been throwing in the options for the class; Demon Hunter, Blademaster, Tinkerer, Spellbreaker, Timewarden.

By using my logic, the only possible new class from those options is a Tinkerer, because of the weapons. It would be agility mail user, who uses mainly guns. I bet there could be the possibility for dual wield pistols for the Tinker and Hunter both alike.

Demon Hunter is a melee, so no go. Blademaster is a melee and too warrior-/roguelike, Spellbreaker and Timewarden could work... but my bet is now on Tinkerer.
    Last edited by Puupi; 2013-11-05 at 09:29 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Felarion View Post
    Mountain King.
    With the right talent choices, a Warrior can be a Mountain King!

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    With the right talent choices, a Warrior can be a Mountain King!
    Make him a dwarf, use stoneform and avatar together. It's just too bad you can't have avatar and storm bolt at the same time, or else it could literally be one.

I would also doubt a blade master. I think if another class comes, it will most likely be ranged, and maybe even a new pure dps. Maybe something like the Diablo 3 Demon Hunter style. It would go along with the demon hunter that hunted Illidan. Could do a shadow hunter spec with it, explosives spec and dual wield bows/pistols spec or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are pretty strong hints going around that this expac will see new player models and no new classes or races.

I think this is the right way to go tbh, they obviously don't have the development time for both and new models will impact way more people in a positive way than anything else they could do with a new race or class.