Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

[WoD] Warrior Discussion Thread

Any and all Warlords of Draenor chat should go into this thread! You can talk about what you would like to see as well as what is being announced during Blizzcon.

Any and all warrior information will/should be edited into this post to ensure everyone knows where to look!

General Information
    • New character models
    • Level cap increased to 100
    • New world "Draenor"
    • Build and upgrade your garrison
    • Hundreds of new quests
    • New world PVP zone
    • New monsters, items and rewards
    • Instantly level to 90

Warrior Information
    • Hit & exp gone!
    • New stats - Cleave & Movement speed

Warrior Level 100 talents
    Originally Posted by MMO-Champion
    Warrior (Forums)
    • Blade Barrier
      • Passive
      • When you Whirlwind or Thunder Clap, whirling blades continue to spin around you for 30 sec. These blades do 1000 damage every 1.00 second to all enemies within 8 yards.
    • Ravager
      • 40 yd range
      • 0.879 sec cast, 1 min cooldown
      • Throw a whirling axe at the target location that inflicts 3000 damage to enemies within 8 yards every 1 sec. Lasts 15 sec.
    • Extreme Measures
      • Arms & Fury (Masochism)
        • Instant
        • Deal damage to yourself equal to 20% of your maximum health, and gain 30 Rage.
      • Protection (Gladiator Stance)
        • Instant, 1.5 sec cooldown
        • A dauntless combat stance.
        • Increases all damage dealt by 20%. Also causes Shield Slam to consume Shield Barrier as additional damage, and have an increased chance to critically strike equal to your critical block chance.
    Last edited by mmoc18646deaeb; 2013-11-09 at 11:49 AM.

From a PvE standpoint I would love to see Fury changed in a way that makes our rotation more fun at lower gearlevels. Playing Fury in SoO gear (especially heroic gear) feels really good, the rotation is smooth with the crit levels we have now. However rage is beginning to be a non-issue again, and I for one actually liked the more calculative play style of early MoP fury. If Blizzard can tweak Fury into the same smoothness (having low gear, no crits, no RBs feels terrible) but still keep the rage management important, I would be very happy. If this is not possible, just keeping fury as is now would be preferable.

Then lower our cooldowns baseline to what CDR trinket gives now, it is fantastic! It's gonna be horrible to lose that trinket and as a last thing our AOE rotation still feels a little clunky.

I agree with Oliria with both points.

1) Fury should be more playable at lower levels. An example would be to let Bloodthirst provide one charge of Raging Blow on use regardless of whether it Crits or not, and have a BT Crit provide a buffed Raging Blow instead. Another example would be to put a filler with a CD and same rage cost as RB but do less damage i.e Brutal Blow or whatever you want to call it, but have it be replaced by Raging Blow at a particular base level.
    2) Rage needs to be a more useful resource. At lower gear levels it's probably more useful than at higher gear levels, which is bad.

For example, if you were to consider the imbalance between say Haste for Energy Regen and Crit for Rage generation, it's pretty bad. Crit needs to have a similar effect or the effect needs to be tuned more towards another stat say Hit or Haste at lower gear levels, and have the contribution from Haste/Hit decay inversely proportional to Base Level and Crit's contribution be proportional to base level, making Crit the end game stat, but having the same effect overall.

3) Arms needs to have a more fun rotation. I understand the need for simplicity, it functions a lot like Unholy Death Knights really, but DKs do have a more fun resource system and a decent amount of RNG which makes it fun, unlike Sudden Death. If SD were to go back to 6% from all attacks, this would go a large way in compensating.

Arms could also be a pseudo-bleed spec, which could be

Deep Wounds - the stable bread and butter applied through Mortal Strike AND
    Rend - An extra DoT applied in a different way. I don't want to bring back Cata Deep Wounds, because it wasn't skill based. Something along the lines of Taste of Blood charges being consumed to apply and upkeep the DoT are good examples. I'll think more about this when I have time.

4) Keep one of the two - T16 2pc or CDR as baseline.

5) Maybe smoothen Fury's AOE rotation, it doesn't feel right to spend 4 GCDs to hit 4 targets.

Deleted
    I love prot the way it is now tbh

Deleted
    Prot will never provide raid healing. Could provide some raid damage instead, expanding on the idea of skull banner and shatering throw, though introduced via constant amounts depending on the rotation and damage you are providing, akin to monk raid absorbs instead of additional CDs. Shattering throw could use a revision in that department, but I guess it's more a pvp skill than a pve one.

And... better sinergy between our stats. Riposte still feels like a band-aid, and having dodge/parry work against mastery... This one is easy to guess, but I reckon dodge is going to way of the dodo for str tanks. Hit/exp will see some changes too. I hope our new stat system works ok. I guess we will end up using pure crit one way or another.

And yeah, want that wrestle throw skill from one of these invented leaks thread. Make it work in both enemies and allies, to throw away the raid members that insist on eating boss breaths or provide some epic rescue work with leap/throw/charge back. And hilarious pvp consequences.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-11-08 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to see Arms/Fury abilities use Attack Power more and Weapon Damage less. I'm tired of seeing them claw desperately to be only second-worst at the launch of an expansion, and being hit with nerfbats at the end of the expansion. I'm perfectly ok being average constantly, but roller-coaster rides that extreme make me throw up.

Anyone at Blizzcon who could list our new level 100 talents? Sounded like they would be available to test.

- - - Updated - - -

PS: Source

Q: Will you be making any changes to what Stats are available?

One of our goals for Warlords of Draenor is to make the act of finding and collecting loot even more exciting for players. With that in mind, we’re adding some fun new stats to gear, such as Movement Speed and Cleave, which gives you a chance to do extra damage or healing to additional nearby targets. In addition, we’ll be retiring a few stats that players don’t find very enjoyable to manage, such as Hit and Expertise. We’re also making improvements to armor itemization that will make it easier to share armor pieces across classes. We’ll have more details to share as development continues.

New stats: Movement Speed, Cleave
    Removed stats: Hit, Expertise
    Improvements to Armor, to make it easier for several classes to share the same loot
    Last edited by Warriorsarri; 2013-11-08 at 10:23 PM.
    My Stream
    NollTvåTre Looking for Raiders

Deleted
    Q: What kinds of bonuses will my character earn on the journey from level 90 to 100?

Warlords of Draenor introduces a new bonus system that rewards players with powerful perks as they level up to the new cap. At every level from 91 to 100, characters will earn a major permanent boost to one of their their key spells and abilities (e.g. a Fire Mage might earn a +50% damage boost to Pyroblast or +30% boost to Scorch). Players will also unlock a new talent tier once they’ve achieved level 100, rewarding each class with three potent new abilities to choose from.

I wonder what warriors skills are being boosted and how they will be?

Would really like to see the new lvl 100 talents if someone has them.

I'm working at getting my "contacts" on Blizzcon to upload his pictures, they'll come soon.
    My Stream

Quote Originally Posted by Beastyn View Post
    Would really like to see the new lvl 100 talents if someone has them.
    This please, some1 got a friend at blizzcon, ask him/her to just check this.

Quote Originally Posted by Warriorsarri View Post
    I'm working at getting my "contacts" on Blizzcon to upload his pictures, they'll come soon.
    Not soon enough, I'm going to die of anticipation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warrior talents!

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYlxRpwCUAE_2Ka.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYlxOM4CEAAkZ2o.jpg
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BYlxHwRCUAI6l26.jpg

Rofl the new prot stance, and the passive aoe. Omg. Would like it FAR more if didn't straight replace def stance, and instead acted as an option to stance dance. It would be obviously broken if you could switch in and out in combat... But fuck yeah, bow down to your new tank dps overlord class.
    Last edited by mmoc38db56fadf; 2013-11-09 at 12:58 AM.

Deleted
    So if I understand correctly, gladiator stance allows DPS protection warriors? Sounds pretty neat!

Deleted
    wow, they really need to fix extreme measures for dps warriors, looks really useless atm, we really don't need more rage do we?

Deleted
    Another bloody ability with a cast time? *runs into wall*

Quote Originally Posted by Shmosh View Post
    wow, they really need to fix extreme measures for dps warriors, looks really useless atm, we really don't need more rage do we?
    That talent is almost 100% guaranteed to not be in the final product. Warlocks had something similar and they got rid of it because it puts more strain on the healers.

I barely care for Rage as it is, I don't want an ability that makes me kill myself for more of it. Also, Ravager? Cast time? That shit's gotta go. It's understandable on Shattering Throw, but fuck that noise on ravager.

The two AoE talents are quite simple, and don't really need an explanation (Only thing is if Blade Barrier stacks, so that you have several blades if you Whirlwind several times).

Extreme Measures seems quite weird tho. The Arms/Fury, can you go Berserker Stance and gain some extra rage?
    The protection version is the big thing. Is it meant to make Prot a DPS spec, or is this the thing they gave protection warriors to convert Rage into damage. If we have a 500k Shield barrier up, will we be able to consume that, and convert it into 500k damage?

Definitely very interesting talents.
    My Stream