Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    On another note alot of the female ingame is in simelair clothings, so i think it was a nice femalish touch on the Lich kings armor.
    Eh... I have seen a lot of belly shirt plat definitely. But I think there are only a few plate pants that are basically underwear, that's not really all that common in my experiences as a warrior.

And gj finding the pic Nillah

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    How exactly is that armor meant to protect you? LK would have been a lot easier if he wore this get-up.
    yea... when I was tanking in ICC I got a chest piece upgrade and went from something that covered everything to a full on low cut belly shirt. Female gear in games isn't often logical

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a damn nice Wrathion getup, though the hat could have been taller.

Also, the hat could have been a bitch to wear all day had it been any taller.

I like!

Edit: Also, I feel obliged to mention, that's a pretty damn decent Andiun cosplay too. No complaints here.

Quote Originally Posted by wrynil View Post
    But its not trashy for the barbarian men going in half naked?

ITS SKIN, your fucking body.. nothing trashy about ones body... And hers was one many men could agree on being hot, so thats why you are thinking its trashy, not the half fat dudes showing their bodies? Duh.

On another note alot of the female ingame is in simelair clothings, so i think it was a nice femalish touch on the Lich kings armor.

Had she walked in in a gstring and frostmourne in her hand then we could begin to agree. - She did not -
    If the barbarian guy's costume was legit and that's how the model is in the game(I don't know, only played diablo once) then yeah, that's great. If not, same principle. The thing is, guys don't generally do these things for attention, and women do. Her costume was not tasteful at all, it's a thinly veiled excuse to show up in front of thousands of people mostly naked. I have never said a word against Alextrasza or Sylvanas cosplayers because they're appropriate costumes, and a lot of them are fantastic. Also where were the fat dudes that showed up half naked? I didn't see any.

If what someone said is true and she was a paid model this is all moot anyway.

Also here's another pic because they're adorable:

Bloodsail Admiral melkesjokolade's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Her? The armor looks very similar.
    Last edited by melkesjokolade; 2013-11-09 at 05:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zatetic View Post
    How exactly is that armor meant to protect you? LK would have been a lot easier if he wore this get-up.
    insert the less it covers the higher the armour rating picture here.

Quote Originally Posted by melkesjokolade View Post

Her? The armor looks very similar.
    That's the exact armor she had on. Now people can chill out about it.

Deleted
    looks like skeletor found a small part of the lich kings armour

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least she didn't win any prize, because would have made a great disservice to everyone else participating. There really was no reason to wear next to nothing other than to grab attention, which she managed to for obvious reasons. I am not entirely sure about the age restriction on this show, but some of the stuff I wouldn't probably want a child to watch. At least I'm just 22 and single. XD

Still, I think at least some form of standard would be a good thing to start with. At least wear pants, perhaps? ^^
    Last edited by Frozen Death Knight; 2013-11-09 at 05:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    That's the exact armor she had on. Now people can chill out about it.
    That's the exact armour she had on, because that is her. It's a photograph of her that's been altered.

When she came out all I could think was how little hips she had, that and why the lack of Armour in the first place.
    THAT and how much more attractive and better the Vanessa Vancleef Cosplayer was compared to her.
    We can all agree on that right?

http://www.uproxx.com/gammasquad/201...eek-30/#page/1
    ^ What, Jo jo chen wasn't here this year? She's ALWAYS wearing something inappropriate.

SUPER MEAT BOY!!!!

You think this type of thing is going to be fall into the realm of "professional cos players only have a chance" type of shit?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    You think this type of thing is going to be fall into the realm of "professional cos players only have a chance" type of shit?
    Probably. I just avoid the topic in most cases, especially after the whole Heroes of cosplay crap..

Quote Originally Posted by Goubatsu View Post
    Probably. I just avoid the topic in most cases, especially after the whole Heroes of cosplay crap..
    Shame, one of these days I gotta start a thread about how American Geek culture costumes is a fetish not cosplay.. rabble rabble rabble.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

I love the irony of people criticizing her for showing off her body like such accusations aren't inherently sexist.

damn fine work on the armor. She looks great in it. arent there any shots with her still wearing the helmet or did she hold it to her side?

Why are people bashing her?

Jealous much?

Some people put a lot of work into their body to look a certain way.
    IE diet and work out routine.

plus people can't help their genetics.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a good costume, people are just trying to have fun, leave them be.

No she didn't win and she shouldn't have. For the most part the 10 who appeared on stage at the end were the best ones there. The parts on her costume that she did was done well, but it's far more impressive when you put more work into a lot of pieces rather than just a couple pieces and call it a day.

The Vanessa VanCleef costume was also very good. The only one that I am genuinely puzzled about was the Female paladin with the Ulduar shield. She must have got a runner up and nobody ever mentioned it, I thought it was really well made.

Okay...let me see if I understand this correctly. People are pissed that a cosplayer did a "sexy" version of a Lich Queen armor for some reason and think that she should cover herself up. Yet if this woman were to dress in a miniskirt, heels, and a low cut top and be catcalled I'm willing to bet many of those criticizing her would likely cry sexism and leap to her defense saying she had a right to wear what she wanted.

Well she's a cosplayer, and she has the right to make a sexy version of a character if that's what she wants to do. I thought she was very attractive but I wasn't thinking with my privates either, she didn't have the best costume but she had her own spin on it and that's all that matters.
    “Fairy tales are more than true; not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”
    ― G.K. Chesterton

I'm not just a white knight. I'm a freaking Paladin.

Bunch of antisocial haters in here....

This woman seemed to have put in a lot of work into her costume, and a body to wear it. It probably took a bit of effort to get her costume and her body to look exactly like the artwork someone linked in this thread.

Not to mention the amount of confidence and/or self-convincing it'd take to show up wearing that and walk onto that stage in a LARP costume that exposes arguably more than half your body.

Like I said, we have a bunch of haters here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they are allowed to donate, but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.