10+ Year Old Account
    I just bought Mario Kart 8 today, so my opinion on it is still forming... but right now I'm giving it an 8 out of 10. There are a lot of little things that are bugging me about this game, like cuts to the roster (no Dry Bones), too many Baby characters, the split screen is vertical instead of horizontal, Battle Mode isn't as fun as Mario Kart 64, the anti-gravity isn't that much fun, etc...

I have already tried multi-player with a friend but I haven't tried out online multi-player. I'm hoping I can revise it to a 9/10 in a few days after I've had more time to play it.

PC: Xcom Enemy Unknown - 8/10
    I wish there were more options to customize my soldiers like models, loadouts and more inventory space so I can try several gear combinations.

MMO: Eclipse War Online - 6/10
    Just got a legendary card from one of the free packs that they gave out this month. I just noticed today that I have a couple of messages in my inbox that I haven't read.

Dishonored 9/10

One of the greatest single player experiences in many years. Game play is extremely solid. Graphics are very good though i must comment on the shortcomings on how shadows work in the game, really think they should have focused more on that. Being very focused on stealth after all.

The moral system is good, but i will never rate a binary system as anything better than good. The responses from the game is good, but it's always good or evil and the choice is all to obvious. Lethal for the evil play trough and non-lethal for the good play trough which really forces you to play trough it twice.

The side quests are not much more interesting. Do evil/good for extra reward is the usual memo, usually with slightly added difficulty. And more often than not, the non-lethal way of removing certain individuals requires some searching.

The game can also be short if you rush trough it.
    Patch 1.12, and not one step further!

Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - 9.5/10
    Ever finish the first one? it has an amazing PSP remake with a tiny amount of new content.

Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 9/10

Awesome kart racing game. Can't find anything wrong with it really.

Eclipse War Online... 8/10
    Collecting transformation cards keeps me playing the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Virtua View Post
    Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete - 9.5/10
    Yay! I wish more people would play the Lunar games. They're so full of charm.

Deleted
    im usually one of those pc masterrace guys but i finally got myself a PS3 for the exclusives.
    The Last of Us: 10/10 i love this game, awesome story, long story... just awesome.
    Gran Turismo 6: 10/10 the racing game i was looking for, good simulation, tons of cars.... huge fun
    GTA 5: 8/10 pretty okay, but something isnt quite perfect here... cant really tell what keeps me from loving it

Deleted
    Watch_dogs 3/10
    Overhyped trash. Think Grand Theft Auto, with a lazy story line.
    give it it's due it looks pretty, but like a good looking dumb blond woman, Looks are ALL it has going for it.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    Watch_dogs 3/10
    This is pretty much what I was coming to this thread to post. I was going to give it 3.5 / 10, but 3/10 is fair.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch_dogs 3/10
    give it it's due it looks pretty, but like a good looking dumb blond woman, Looks are ALL it has going for it.
    So... it's like Grand theft auto.

Watch dogs is just... weird on pc, not great at all, the character is stupid and the actions that go on the missions are completely opposite from the gameplay, in the missions the main character is all stealthy and doesnt wanna draw too much blood but outside of that you can be a messy guy
    Cod has a new campaign, new weapons, new multiplayer levels every year. Zelda has been recycling the same weapons, villains, and dungeons since the 80's. Zelda recycles enough to make cod blush. The same weapons, villains, dungeons, and princess in every single Zelda for the most part. It's almost as cheesy as bowser vs Mario round 35

15+ Year Old Account
    Watch_Dogs 7/10. Wish I could do....more. :\ Limited to cars and motorcycles. Handling is like being Edward Kenway on his ship.

Mario Kart 8 10/10 Perfection. Drifting is finally done right, kart selection is the best it's ever been, graphics are a sight to see. They improved in every department, and it's still fun and bloody annoying at the same time.

Vindictus: 8.5/10. Great graphics, surprisingly interesting story with compelling characters and of course amazing game play. Currently level 61. Evie with a couple of level 30 alts. Negatives are latency issues, limited number of players online to do leveling raids at a time, and for me personally the chat system, just doesn't seem to intuitive. Also, I personally hate RNG but have been able to bypass that by grinding gold.

Borderlands 2: Just started playing but am liking it so far. A solid 9/10 so far but if I'd rated Vindictus at a proportionally similar time played it'd get the same rating.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

10+ Year Old Account
    Warcraft 3
    9.5/10

What is there more to say... I still consider it to be the best RTS ever, better than Starcraft 2. After playing Starcraft 2 for 1.5 years, however, I started noticing certain issues related to the game's age. First of all, pathing: holy hell... A few Grunts step on each other's feet, hit each other's backs. Melee heroes run around a cluster of units trying to hit anything. Nothing resembling Zerglings' surrounding AI from SC2. Then, being limited to selecting only 12 units simultaneously is rather annoying. The worst thing, of course, is that the game is dying: it is 12 years old, no wonder, but still I am very nostalgic about good old 2005 when I used to play dozens of different Tower Defense games every day. Now it is 80% DotA lobbies, 10% Legion TD lobbies, 5% Horde vs Alliance (DotA-like map) lobbies and the rest several games take ages to fill even by half.

So, this game is old, very old, and its time has passed. Still, it is incredible game, and I'm very sad that they killed such a good series by converting it into MMO - same damn thing that killed such other my favorite series as KotoR, Allods and Neverwinter Nights. So, there is not going to be Warcraft 4. Now all we Warcraft RTS fans are left to do is to watch our legendary title slowly die out, with its last days shamefully being essentially Warcraft 3: Defense of the Ancients.

Archeage 8/10 there is a shit ton of things to do having a decent guild helps tremendously

Black Desert Korean beta 8.5/10 Alot like Archeage except its actually action/combo combat with better graphics

Mario Kart 8 10/10 The whole family, besides myself, has forsaken every other game and has played this pretty much non stop since release. Before I can even finish asking "hey you guys want to play -insert another game we all play here-" I get a no thanks we are racing.

The Binding of Isaac 9/10

Didnt expect so much fun with this game.

Watch Dogs 5/10 - Really average. Further marred by poor PC platform implementation. Poor UI, poor control scheme, shallow gameplay, dull story, wasted concept, erratic performance issues; just a lot of "ugh" in a game that should have been this year's flagship for AAA development. It's ironically emblematic of AAA development for the sake of profit.

There is no remarkable artistry in Watch Dogs.

Watch_Dogs: My wife works for the company, so I've been able to play it since a week and a half ago...but I'm just waiting for a patch to make it better on PC. Right now it suffers from horrible stuttering. Will save a rating for when it works better.

Wolfenstein: The New Order: Just finished this one. Pretty fun ride, better story than I expected with some tender emotional moments. The gameplay is overall good, with plenty of options for completing most levels ranging from stealth to overwhelming enemies with dual-wield weapons, and perks that can be unlocked for each style. Plus, you have to play through twice in order to get the full experience since a choice early on completely changes much of the dialogue. A few of the levels are really irritating and frustratingly cheap though...the Gibralter Bridge is unbelievably cheesy and really marred the whole experience for me. Towards the end of the game the combat starts to feel like filler as well, but this is pretty much universal for all FPS games. 8/10, definitely recommend...9/10 if you're a Wolfenstein fan.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Transistor
    10/10

Italic is side commentary.

Combat/skills systems : The skills system is very similar to Diablo 3's. I think this is the way of the future for all RPGs, so I'm happy to see it reused. Hopefully it will gain in popularity in the future. It offers great customization and is just a lot of fun to experiment with. I despise being locked into a particular talents tree/skill set an entire game without being allowed to switch. I played The Witcher 2 on the highest difficulty setting and didn't actually spend ANY talent points until the end of the last chapter because I didn't want to get stuck in a particular build and then get stuck on more difficult fights. That's absurd. I shouldn't be getting punished for playing a game. The combat system is interesting, but the fights are far too easy. I think that's the biggest flaw of the game : the difficulty settings are imbedded in the story, and so you HAVE to play at a low difficulty setting for your first play through. I appreciate them trying to tie it to the story, but no game should EVER lock difficulty settings behind a play through. Ever. It's bad taste. They should have simply made you choose to use or not the difficulty enhancers from when you start the game for the first time while still making you discover them in-game progressively for the lore portion. That seems to be the best solution. Also the skills could have been better balanced.

Story/Storytelling : I wasn't as touched by the story as I was for Bastion, but that's a very subjective thing. I've seen many people who have claimed they were moved by it. I just thought the ending came a little bit out of nowhere and that it could have been a bit better explained. The story is a lot more subject to interpretation than Bastion, which I also appreciate, though I personally prefer when things are said directly because I'm not a fan of playing a game 2-3 times to fully understand the story, but again that's subjective. The voice actors are great. Logan was actually my least favorite of the three male voice actors ; I absolutely loved the other two, they fit their characters so well. The problem with Logan is that I attached a certain personality to him from Bastion and it's very difficult to change that. I think they will need a new narrator for their next game.

Art : When will companies learn that you don't need to spend 500 million dollars to have cutting-edge graphics fidelity to be a successful game? Games such as Bastion, Transistor and Blizzard games are the most beautiful in the industry. To me, they look better than games such as The Witcher 2, which has nice textures but no personality. Hell, TW1 looked better than TW2, as far as I'm concerned. I still remember how towns were designed and how characters looked in TW1, but I don't remember anything about TW2 because it had no soul. Transistor is probably the most beautiful game that has ever been made. It's stunning, particularly the town itself and some of the stills that are shown throughout the game. I just want to plaster the entire game on my walls.

Music : Again, absolutely stunning. Straight up the best soundtrack I've heard since Chrono Cross. The instrumental pieces are better than Bastion's, but I didn't connect as much with the songs with lyrics as I did with Bastion's. That's probably because the story didn't touch me as much, since the lyrics are related to the story. Also, I think Ashley is a little bit too monotone here. I think at least some of the songs could have been a little more varied vocals-wise ; Darren should probably have done the vocals on one or more of them, though it wouldn't have made much sense lore-wise. I think they will definitely need to replace Ashley in their next game, because I've reached my limit concerning her monotony. For now though, this soundtrack is incredibly beautiful. It's just a shame they didn't include the hummed songs and some of the alternative takes of some of the songs in the actual soundtrack.

While I have some minor issues with the game, I think it's straight up a piece of art and I hope we will see more games like it in the future. I hope that companies will learn that a game is not judged based on how realistic its graphics are, on how expensive and well-known its voice actors are and on how much orchestral music they can fit in their soundtrack and spend their money more wisely in the future.
    Last edited by Synbios; 2014-06-02 at 04:13 PM.

Deleted
    Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura - 8.5/10
    So, I finally had the time to play it, after buying it about 2 years ago. This post contains some very minor spoilers about the world and some side quests, though nothing about the main storyline.

I'm normally not a fan of steampunk, but in this game it's done really well. This is also the strongest point of the game: The world, and the duality between magic and technology in it. All the problems of the latter in the fantasy setting were implemented really well, with much love to the detail. Examples:
    - the "abuse" of the dumber races (e.g. orcs) as workers in factories, with some of them working for unions and rights.
    - the political tension between different government types, and different governments leaning more to magic / more to technology.

The story is OK. The really strong point about it is not the story itself, but the way it's told: You discover only parts of the puzzle, and can construct it piece after piece, up till the end. And while discovering the places you visit on your journeys, following that story, you can follow rumors, read newspapers or ask people around for sidequests. All in all, it creates a feeling which is more "explore the world and what happens to it" than "explore the main story, and do some stuff on the side while at it". That is a really nice change of pace compared to many other games.

But there was one point I didn't really enjoy: The combat. I played a mage. The spells I used in combat were dark necro 1 (single target), fire 3 (ae) and rarely light necro 1 (heal). So, most of the time I was just nukeing mobs with my spells. Which seemed extremely imbalanced (too strong), on the normal difficulty, because I could more or less kill everything before it comes close and be a threat. On the other side, when you have no fatigue (= mana), you're dead. Which leads to the next point: Fatigue regeneration is extremely slow. ~3 base, scales with constitution, ~6 max (depending on race) is the regeneration all 10 seconds. All in all: Onehit everything, drink fatigue potions, and if you have none: wait, wait, wait. And go buy more fatigue potions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Watch_dogs 3/10
    Not even a good pair of tits as well?

Red dead redemption for some reason. 7/10 its quite good.