10+ Year Old Account
    currently powering throught "I am Setsuna"... 6/10, being generous.

graphics look like something that a fanboy made on RPGMaker in an afternoon, story is even worse... Characters are all basically ripped from other FF titles, the whole thing is pretty much FFX: The 8bit remake.

the only saving grace is the combat, which is close enough to the old school style they're so clearly aiming for, while adding in something a bit new, to keep it all fresh.

The skill/magic system is strong, and if they take ANYTHING from this game into a potential sequel, it should be this.

Overall, for a game I was very hyped for, it's been hugely disappointing...
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Usual weekly stuff from me so here goes and I'm gonna shake it up a bit by reviewing a bad video game console.

Virtual Boy. 1/10 (generous)

Managed to get one working at last but that's not even the main issue. EVERYTHING IS RED AND BLACK. What the actual hell? I mean yeah promo shots showed Red and Black images but who knew it would actually end up that headache inducing mess. Half of the games look like they aren't even finished yet because it looks like they are missing textures. An example. Go Google "Red Alarm" in images and just look at that mess. I mean this was supposed to keep us all going until the N64 I understand but this console was a giant leap backwards from even the Game Boy.

Out of 22 (Yes 22) games only one makes me feel like I'm in VR. And that would be Teleroboxer which is actually a decent game for the piece of crap. Secondly a few of the games could have done better to be on SNES or Game Boy. A lot of them don't make you feel like you are in a Virtual Reality. Personally I feel this system was just made to see what they could do with the 3D gimmick on a portable system. But then again that's my opinion.

Finally my last criticism is the so called portability of this beast. I mean sure you could walk around outside with it but good luck playing the damn thing when it doesn't have a head strap. Also you wouldn't want to be seen with this in public. It looks really awful. I mean here's an image of the thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Almost done with Fallout: New Vegas. Can't review it yet, but so far it looks to be a solid 9.5/10 (not 10, because I'm not a fan of giving perfect score to imperfect games, and every game is imperfect ).
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Steins;Gate 0 - I know it's a game but i'd barely class Visual Novels as games due to their limited interactivity. Steins Gate 0 has even less interaction than Steins;Gate. To get all the endings there is literally only two choices that seperate most of the endings. Turn off your phone or leave it on. Second option is answer call or don't answer call. All of the other messages you receive during the game have no bearing on the story at all

What would I rate it? i'd say 7/10. I'm really enjoying the story so far. Some bits are a chore and tedious but for the most part it's interesting.

just played through Metro 2033 redux. pretty fun game, nice action, good story. im a sucker for post apocalyptical stories. only downside is I played on survival/normal and didn't find many of the combat situations really needing stealth or strategy to get by. I would give it a solid 7/10.

Gravity Rush remastered - a solid 7/10 that feels like an early ps3 game in a good way, but the gravity shifting in real time made me insanely motion sick in speedy portions where you move and shift direction rapidly in 3d space. wont happen to everyone but man what a drag. lovely game otherwise and £9 on psn right now on sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, finally finished it, after 155 hours played (the longest single-player walkthrough of a game I've ever had, if we don't classify Neverwinter Nights + 2 expansions as one game). Played on Very Hard + Hardcore mode.

Fallout: New Vegas
    9.5/10

Really everything I've ever wanted from an open-world RPG. Fun combat, incredible character progression, interesting and "grey" factions, pretty engaging (although a bit dropping by the end) main story, a lot of interesting characters and side quests, really well done and connected story-wise DLCs, large variety of locations to explore, good and fitting music, a large variety of equipment to choose from... It fixes almost all the shortcomings Fallout 3 had, while not sacrificing anything for it.

The only cons I can think of are bugs (which seem to be abundant in all Bethesda games), lack of abundance of ammo in DLCs (which makes playing a non-melee character a pain on Very Hard + Hardcore) and frustrating gameplay in the Dead Money DLC. Insignificant problems, compared to how much this game has to offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Witcher 3 GOTY edition: 10/10

Bit late since my old pc sucked, but what can I say other than it's the best action RPG since Ocarina of Time and Dark Souls. The level of detail and thought they put into this is unbelievable. Probably gonna end up as the game of the decade.

- - - Updated - - -

Doom (2016): 9/10

Oh boy, another super high score. I was not expecting it to be a glorious return to the roots of the first person shooter genre. This feels like playing the first Doom all over again. I was so hooked up, I spent pretty much my entire weekend playing it. After Wolfenstein, I'm loving this new trend of old school shooters returning to show who's boss. Only Quake and Unreal left.

Brutal difficulty: check
    Glorious monster design: check
    Glorious fast paced gameplay: check, although I'd prefer it if it were a bit faster. Increasing the field of view does help provide the illusion of moving at higher speeds though.
    Amazing level design: check
    Hundreds of hidden stuff, secrets and easter eggs: check
    Fast paced music that can really get the blood pumping: check
    B movie cheesy storyline that is completely nonsensical: check
    Nostalgia trip with introductions of Cyberdemons, BFG and Spider Mastermind becoming almost religious experiences: check
    Survival depending on split second decisions: check
    BFG saving the day: check
    Pinkies ruining your day: check

Almost flawless, some things that prevented this from achieving the ultimate score:

Sound mixing is pretty off, demons sound like they right next to you when in reality they are half a mile away, making you turn around instantly to see who's backraping you only to cause a death because you diverted your attention elsewhere. This is very fucking annoying on higher difficulties, and the reason for most of my deaths.
    Glory kills at the beginning when the enemies are much weaker are kinda oversaturating for the player, as they become an overly repeating experience. They only proved their usefulness later on when the enemies crowd you from all sides, giving you a second to catch your breath amidst all the carnage.
    Sound design of some of the demons and the plasma gun is pretty flat.
    Lastly, the first half of the game is nowhere near the quality of the second, which is a shame for new players. It's still very good though, but the second half is pretty much classic Doom.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-01-16 at 01:34 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Everyones gone to the rapture 2/10. I don't get it, I only gave it 45 minutes which I know is not enough but I was instantly put off by the walk pace (Yes I know about the 'run'). Just nt my thing. It looked nice though.

Stood in the Fire n7stormreaver's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Divinity: Original Sin 2 Alpha Test

10\10

Even in a pretty fresh alpha, it is a fantastic, beautiful game. A few non-Blizzard games i have ever enjoyed as much as DoS1, and this one is, so far, shaping out to be even better at pretty much everything. Larian Studios are doing a terrific job on their game and if they pull out everything they want, it will be one of the best rpgs ever. It's not without issues, of course, but alpha is an alpha anyway, and i cannot wait for release or at least new version, to dive into it again and see what it holds. I have no idea what needs to happen to not make it GOTY 2017 for me :P
    Space magic.

Submerged 6/10

I didn't expect much from it due to it having mixed reviews, but I decently enjoyed it. it actualy pretty beautiful with lovely music and exploration was fairly nice, I enjoyed some of the climbing puzzles (you cannot miss the jump or fall off, which takes a lot of the pressure off and it becomes simply about figuring out the route - routes to story specific items are fairly obvious, but routes to optional stuff can be far less so), but it also gets very repetitive so around half way through I gave up on trying to completionist it and just went for finishing the story. it was still pretty nice and I don't regret buying it, but I see why reception for it was fairly lukewarm.

Dragon Age 2 6/10

Pros:
    - A DA game.
    - A reasonable string format, unlike the DA:O. For some reason, differs from ME2/3 in a trivial way.

Cons:
    - It is quite short
    - It is very buggy, crashes often and has graphical glitches.
    - the whole point deduced for in-your-face homosexualism of the party roster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Warframe 7/10, its good but like a lot of F2P games you're kind of chucked in and left to fend a lot for yourself, the game seems to have suffered from bloating since I played the beta and now its hard to navigate every menu/upgrade/mod without feeling overwhelmed. Enjoying the running/gunning though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been playing through Witcher 3 again. So far, 7/10.

I've tried this game before, but only made it to Skillige before getting sick of it. Still playing on Deathmarch, but this time, I'm using a controller and it's quite a bit more enjoyable. The combat is still meh and is one of the worst systems I've seen in regards to multiple enemies, but I'm enjoying it more than last time, probably thanks to the Controller.

Controlling Geralt underwater is still a clunky mess as well.

Everything else tends to be anywhere from okay to amazing.

Just made it to the Bloody Baron part again and I'm even doing more exploring while having fun. Hopefully it keeps up. I do feel incredibly gimped for not having the DLC for it's skills. The skill that makes food last for 20 mins seems like it'd be godlike for Deathmarch, but it's w/e.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inside: 10/10

Totally blew my fucking mind and left me crying in a corner, unsure of what just happened. All I know is that I experienced videogame perfection. If you haven't played it already, do yourself a favor.
    Last edited by hellhamster; 2017-01-21 at 12:58 AM.

Back to games now. And now for a good one from me.

Gran Turismo (Ps1) 9/10

The most brilliant racing game I have ever played on PS1. Visuals for it's time were brilliant, soundtrack is perfect for driving/racing and the choice of cars while not as big as Gran Turismo 2 was still pretty decent. My only gripe is Arcade Mode is very bare for what it is. Other than that the License system is a good method of progression and has continued throughout the franchise and the Hifi 60 fps is fun when unlocked. However I also think there could have been more GT League Tournaments as well as maybe some more Endurance Races. Imo though Gran Turismo 2 was way better in terms of quality and quantity of in game content.

Ah what the heck a bad game while I'm here too.

Action 52 (NES) 2/10 (This game was hard to find)

Ok so I see this game and think that 52 games on one cartridge was a steal oh boy was I wrong. All of them are bland pieces of garbage that barely constitute a game. The only one being close to a game is Cheetahmen which I'll actually review later but for now back to the full games. A lot of them have 0 depth to them and I mean 0 depth. Example the first game is a 2 player battle game that's it. Nothing special about it. And that happens to be the only 2 player game on the cartridge. A couple of games do not work either such as Alfred n the Fettuc where it just gets stuck on a black screen. Overall this game in my honest opinion is a scam. How it even made it into stores is beyond me.

An example of one of the games. Illuminator. Just look at it. It's so goddamn basic and has no depth to it at all. There are worse games on the cartridge but this is just an example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Beyond 2 souls ps4. 9.5/10, I always get cautious when saying how much I love this game because of game snobs who don't think it's a game. Any video on YouTube is littered with hate and vitriol. I just find it a fantastic game outside of the frequent inconsistencies narratively and mechanically.

Deleted
    Witcher 3: 10/10

Such a beautiful game and as everyone that have played know how amazing it is. There isnt really any boring side missions. All of those I played had great story and characters or enemies.

The only bad thing I can say is that Geralt sounds so monotone it gets annoying. I know he is a witcher and thats why BUT why do then Vesemir and the other 2 witchers actually show tons of emotions through their voice acting? So I dont buy that.

Anyway, I find it amazing how well done the environment is with the music, so good. I played on Death March and it was kinda difficult at the start but when you got a bit in it was like you played on easy.

And without spoiling, the scene just before the credits. I didnt see that one coming, loved it.

Edit: I have the 2 DLCs but I dont know if I wanna play those. After I finished the main story it feels like meh. Dunno if the story is good for those. And I dont even know how I was able to avoid spoilers for Witcher 3 when everyone have played it.

Started by playing all the side missions in the game but man that started to take up way too much time. Didnt wanna play for 200h. After about ½ way I only went for the main mission and some major NPC side missions, made it so much better for me.
    Last edited by mmocbc4c51efd3; 2017-01-22 at 01:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Inquisition - 7/10

I've gone back and forth with this one since release, never quite being able to get into it. I finally made the big dive though and beat it last night. My overall thoughts are very positive, as I think they did a great job with the story (minus some really poor plot armor and retconning), characters and music. I took my time to read all the codex entries and really explore the dialogue options. Very impressed.

Where it fell flat was in gameplay. Combat itself was okay, I loved mage/archer, but I miss the tactical gameplay of Origins. I felt the tactical camera was bloody well useless and clunky in this game and some encounters were unnecessarily frustrating. I'm looking at you rifts with 3 Terror demons or 10 Wraiths with Despair demons. My biggest problem though was the War Table and Power.

The War Table was just bad design overall, and I honestly don't think I could have beaten this game without that mod that removes the mission times. Needing to gain Power as well through lame gather/kill MMO-like side missions made the game feel like a grind at times. The side missions also often lacked any real dialogue, making me wonder why in the hell my Inquisitor was wasting time helping a crazy old man when I should be doing important things like I dunno closing rifts and saving the God damned world. The game would have been better suited to a more linear story progression imo, and although I appreciated exploration with the open world I feel like it was not done right and it hurt more than it helped.

Still, not bad Bioware. You've given me hope that DA4 will be able to bring back the spark I once had for your games and I even find myself optimistic for Andromeda (though I will still be waiting to purchase that one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Just replayed Witcher 3

11/10

That scene with Ciri and Geralt towards the end of the game...... :'(

STILL GOT TO ME!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    Witcher 3: 10/10

Such a beautiful game and as everyone that have played know how amazing it is. There isnt really any boring side missions. All of those I played had great story and characters or enemies.

The only bad thing I can say is that Geralt sounds so monotone it gets annoying. I know he is a witcher and thats why BUT why do then Vesemir and the other 2 witchers actually show tons of emotions through their voice acting? So I dont buy that.

Anyway, I find it amazing how well done the environment is with the music, so good. I played on Death March and it was kinda difficult at the start but when you got a bit in it was like you played on easy.

And without spoiling, the scene just before the credits. I didnt see that one coming, loved it.

Edit: I have the 2 DLCs but I dont know if I wanna play those. After I finished the main story it feels like meh. Dunno if the story is good for those. And I dont even know how I was able to avoid spoilers for Witcher 3 when everyone have played it.

Started by playing all the side missions in the game but man that started to take up way too much time. Didnt wanna play for 200h. After about ½ way I only went for the main mission and some major NPC side missions, made it so much better for me.
    Heart of Stone has an amazing story. Its a story DLC with its own self contained major questline. Its not a new area, but adds to pre existing areas. It offers some new other side quests, new points of interest, weapons, etc.

Blood and wine has an alright MAIN story (a few other good stories like all the other zones in Witcher) but is basically a whole new game that just so happens to be in Witcher 3. New zone on the scale as the others, new quests, weapons, monsters, characters, etc.
    Last edited by GennGreymane; 2017-01-23 at 06:01 AM.