Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You gave us flight. It is very much like Pandora's Box. You can't put it back.
    I don't want to alarm you, but I believe they just did.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Hmm... most of them seem to be located inside dangerous territory, "Ordon Sanctuary", and those who are located east from Mossgreen Lake won't even get agroed unless you run to them. I've ran all the way from flight path to Ordos and most of the times only mobs I've agroed are those two Yaungols at beginning of road and that giant fire elemental, but none of them is able to react fast enough to hit me.
    Oh no sorry meant Burning Berserker.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=72895#comments

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Oh no sorry meant Burning Berserker.
    My earlier statement still stands, "I've ran all the way from flight path to Ordos and most of the times only mobs I've agroed are those two Yaungols at beginning of road and that giant fire elemental, but none of them is able to react fast enough to hit me."

Not sure if there's something about my realm, but I can't recall ever getting hit by those while passing by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I don't want to alarm you, but I believe they just did.
    No they didn't. They are trying to shut the lid which will only pop open again. You can't remove flying from the rest of the game and they are only preventing us from flying in current content. That isn't the same as removing flight from the game.

My earlier statement still stands, "I've ran all the way from flight path to Ordos and most of the times only mobs I've agroed are those two Yaungols at beginning of road and that giant fire elemental, but none of them is able to react fast enough to hit me."

Not sure if there's something about my realm, but I can't recall ever getting hit by those while passing by.
    If it is busy they are likely already chasing other players or dead there are however two that guard the first bridge and one or more that patrols the bridge as you can see from the wowhead comments if you are agro'ed there is no escape you either kill them or die.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it is busy they are likely already chasing other players or dead there are however two that guard the first bridge and one or more that patrols the bridge as you can see from the wowhead comments if you are agro'ed there is no escape you either kill them or die.
    Hmm... probably, I'll go and inspect that area closely tomorrow morning (0:27 am here).

The charge idea they had was okay, but not great and very buggy. I think that as soon as you enter combat your mount should go away. Only problem I see with this is in WPvP people engaging those flying, and bubbling or having slowfall or something. Im sure the idea could be refined, but instead of waiting for an actual hit, you should be dismounted and forced to fight or get away on your own accord, not riding the horse who swims through lava

- - - Updated - - -

No I think the issue has always been that the lack of flying has is nothing more than time sink.
    Right because Bash has totally not given any reasons other than "we want players to be slowed down lol" it is bad for gameplay for players to skip over chunks of the world, rarely see each other, and for content to never be touched after the initial rush to max level.

No, its not like Pandoras box. Yes, you can "put it back in" because that is what they are doing to an extent. Stop acting so entitled.

So we are now at the crux of the matter it is nothing to with immersion players can skip all the mobs they like as long as they suffer a time penalty.
    But having you slowwed down by facing enemies is part of immersion. You run through an area full of tigers you are going to be slowed down. That is immersion

Quote Originally Posted by Giscoicus View Post
    Right because Bash has totally not given any reasons other than "we want players to be slowed down lol" it is bad for gameplay for players to skip over chunks of the world, rarely see each other, and for content to never be touched after the initial rush to max level.
    Oh! It is Bash now, when did the two of you become friends? I would suggest not letting him know that you've spent the past few days telling players to stop playing if you wish to remain on such terms. Of course they are not going turn around and tell us that they would like to slow us down. It was not deemed bad for game play in TBC, Wrath, Cata or MOP and it is not deemed bad for game play after 6.1.
    Last edited by Pann; 2013-11-20 at 10:49 PM.

Oh! It is Bash now, when did the two of your become friends? I would suggest not letting him know that you've spent the past few days telling players to stop playing if you wish to remain on such terms. Of course they are not going turn around and tell us that they would like to slow us down. It was not deemed bad for game play in TBC, Wrath, Cata or MOP and it is not deemed bad for game play after 6.1.
    It is not deemed bad for 6.1 because only 6.0 content will have flight, and everybody will be in 6.1 stuff. How is this not clear? Old content flight is fine. new content they want to be a more intensive experience.

Bash has given multiple reasons that hold validity. Even if Blizzard doesnt personally argee with those reasons, the ones they have released make sense, and completely ignoring them is just you being stubborn. Bash has given Blizzards reasons, and you have ignored those and focused on a reason that Blizzard has not said is part of it, because you are prepared to argue for THAT reason.

Deleted
    Because fighting them is boring and they offer no reward, how many times does it need to be said?!?
    Then they could make them more rewarding to kill.

- - - Updated - - -

So we are now at the crux of the matter it is nothing to with immersion players can skip all the mobs they like as long as they suffer a time penalty.
    As I've said earlier, stealthing past mobs is slower and more involved than pointing your flying mount in the right direction and hitting autorun till you appear on top of the objective on your map.

You know if I had a time machine the last thing I would be doing is playing vanilla WOW.

Thanks for the rather childish advice but just how do I L2Path past the mobs that guard the bridge on the Timeless Isle that charge and stun anyone that goes near them? It seems to me the only options I have available to me is to wait for someone to run past them and then run past as they attack that player or kill them myself neither of which is particularly enjoyable and are both quite annoying when you are trying to reach a rare in the 20 second window it has to left to live.\
    Idk, maybe http://www.wowhead.com/item=86583/salyin-battle-banner? Or an invisible potion or eng tinker?

No flying has little to do with a timesink. It's all about getting you to experience the content in the correct way.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamerlane2 View Post
    Then they could make them more rewarding to kill.
    So we are in agreement that the answer is not to force players into content that do not want but to make the content rewarding enough that they want to do it?

When they do less work and get the same rewards it makes sense. Especially in a game where you are compared to others. Doing more work, but having them have the same rewards is bothersome.

Welfare epics now are at least much lower. Except for VP gear but they fixed that
    Nothing in WoW compares you to others, players do that themselves via third party websites and addons.

I reiterate, quitting WoW because someone else got some gear is retarded. No sympathy for those people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    You know if I had a time machine the last thing I would be doing is playing vanilla WOW.
    Thanks for the rather childish advice but just how do I L2Path past the mobs that guard the bridge on the Timeless Isle that charge and stun anyone that goes near them? It seems to me the only options I have available to me is to wait for someone to run past them and then run past as they attack that player or kill them myself neither of which is particularly enjoyable and are both quite annoying when you are trying to reach a rare in the 20 second window it has to left to live.
    All I'm hearing from you is that you hate obstacles and challenges in your game. And that's an interesting point of view, even if its wrong.

But having you slowwed down by facing enemies is part of immersion. You run through an area full of tigers you are going to be slowed down. That is immersion
    Oddly I dont give 2 shits about your view of immersion and you can right now in MOP use your ground mount everywhere while we fly except for a few spots. For me a great story needs to go along with gameplay, but random mobs really dont add anything except oh wonderful got to kill these 3 mobs that dont mean squat to me..loot.. then mount back up...whoa I'm so immersed...lol. Immersion to me is not the random mobs nor the "danger" I would feel on a ground mount. Some of us just want to get the quest at max level and just be done with it and go off and do other things. I really think this is going to come back and bite Blizz in the ass along with all the other subpar things in this xpac.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    Idk, maybe http://www.wowhead.com/item=86583/salyin-battle-banner? Or an invisible potion or eng tinker?

No flying has little to do with a timesink. It's all about getting you to experience the content in the correct way.
    Why would I waste time and/or gold acquiring items that allow me to avoid mobs that are easy but boring to kill?

Deleted
    So we are in agreement that the answer is not to force players into content that do not want but to make the content rewarding enough that they want to do it?
    Better to do both. I'd still remove flying because it makes the world geography more relevant, like the example people keep quoting of those scary charging mobs next to a bridge. Bridges, ravines, mountains and most other terrain features become irrelevant when flying mounts are available, and that's a sad thing.

All I'm hearing from you is that you hate obstacles and challenges in your game. And that's an interesting point of view, even if its wrong.
    That is because you are not interested in any view point apart from your own.

- - - Updated - - -

Better to do both. I'd still remove flying because it makes the world geography more relevant, like the example people keep quoting of those scary charging mobs next to a bridge. Bridges, ravines, mountains and most other terrain features become irrelevant when flying mounts are available, and that's a sad thing.
    They are not scary, they are not even difficult if you have half decent gear, they are annoying. I don't know about you but I play the game to be entertained not annoyed.