Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    stuff way too easy, and other stuff. , and other stuff.
    So informative.

Quote Originally Posted by frumper View Post
    I think that last statement shows the problem best, you want your time to be productive. World pvp will never be productive time spent. It just prevents you from doing what you went out in the world to do. That includes lone wolf bankers, honorable warriors, and roaming guilds of destruction.
    Yes, and that is why i have issues with no flying mount for 4-5 months(if i am correct about how long it will take until we get 6.1)
    Instead of spending time on things i want to spend my time on, doing productive and having fun.
    I will just spend more time on stupid shit, stupid mobs that are neither hard or difficult but just an annoyance, and players who just want to gank people trying to mind their own business.

Yes, i could change server to avoid the latter one, but that would mean leaving all my friends and guild, so thats not going to happen.
    Its neither the main point i am trying to bring forth here.

These events blizzard are so happily talking about will last for 1-2 week, then its just something i ignore completely, and i will just end up sitting in a hub instead.
    It wont make the communities come back togheter, nothing will as the playerbase have changed.
    It wont bring back world pvp on the same scale as it was before.
    I am not the only one feeling this way, and blizzard is basically giving us the middle finger.

i like this change myself and my ground mounts are happy

Anti-flying is pretty much ruining immersion and skipping content.

pro-flying is getting to the fun parts faster, more immersion for some, faster gather of mats, which leads to more mats and cheaper AH prices. skipping stuff we have already seen many times before. getting to friends faster so you can help them.

thats from what i have seen.
    I was mostly just asking for your own stance. I don't really expect you to have a fair perspective of the opposing side, considering you openly agree with someone who's willing to classify the opposition in an insulting manner. But yeah, this isn't particularly surprising.

So, first and foremost: What are the fun parts that you're referring to, specifically?

Mats I understand, though I don't think you understand the economic aspects surrounding that particular detail.

You haven't seen Draenor before, so I'm not sure why that's a reason for your umbrage.

Maybe no flight will encourage friends to play together, if they need help so frequently? Though in my experience, even with flight, if you're far enough away and they need immediate aid, you probably won't get there before they're already dead.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Maybe you haven't been playing since before flying mounts.
    It was glorious, mage portals, warlock summoning, flight paths, dungeon summoning stones, ground mounts, hearthstones, portals and later capital cities got them.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the game peaked and then leveled out.
    I think it will stay around these current numbers for quite awhile.
    ignoring your first line because of the stupid stereotyping. also flight paths suck.

wrath peaked at around 12.2 million. MoP is sitting at 7.6 million currently. its currently leveled out but it can start losing a shit ton again.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Maybe you haven't been playing since before flying mounts.
    It was glorious, mage portals, warlock summoning, flight paths, dungeon summoning stones, ground mounts, hearthstones, portals and later capital cities got them.

- - - Updated - - -

IMO the game peaked and then leveled out.
    I think it will stay around these current numbers for quite awhile.
    The world did used to seem much larger.
    Vote with your wallet if you don't like something. Otherwise just keep your mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Xekus View Post
    It wont make the communities come back togheter, nothing will as the playerbase have changed.
    It wont bring back world pvp on the same scale as it was before.
    How do you know?
    Sounds more like you don't want it to.
    I can't take people serious who are on a PvP server and complain about PvP.

So informative.
    i dont have all the details for sub loss, there is still alot of what we dont know.

I ask you again, i should leave all my friends and my guild, the people i play with every day just because you can run around and grief players?
    Get my entire guild and every single friend of mine to change server, and i`ll consider it.

We had an entire guild grouping up on my realm, running around trashing every player they saw was for themself.
    Do you think that player was having fun? Do you honestly think that is pvp?
    Its not.

Even so, this is out of topic and lets leave it at that.
    I am saying i have no interest in dealing with people and mobs that serve no purpose but being an annoyance when i could have spent the time on doing something that i actually find fun and productive.
    At what point does it become appropriate for WoW to stop being WoW and start being a series of segregated minigames? Youre playing world of warcraft. If you dont like world of warcraft, by all means take your business elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by BonesTheRabbit View Post
    I was mostly just asking for your own stance. I don't really expect you to have a fair perspective of the opposing side, considering you openly agree with someone who's willing to classify the opposition in an insulting manner. But yeah, this isn't particularly surprising.

So, first and foremost: What are the fun parts that you're referring to, specifically?

Mats I understand, though I don't think you understand the economic aspects surrounding that particular detail.

You haven't seen Draenor before, so I'm not sure why that's a reason for your umbrage.

Maybe no flight will encourage friends to play together, if they need help so frequently? Though in my experience, even with flight, if you're far enough away and they need immediate aid, you probably won't get there before they're already dead.
    my stance is simple no flying while lvling. flying at max level(and not delayed). after the expansion has been out long enough alts should get flying while lvling like a .3 or .4 type patch.

my stance is simple no flying while lvling. flying at max level(and not delayed). after the expansion has been out long enough alts should get flying while lvling like a .3 or .4 type patch.
    That's not what I meant. Did you not read my post or something? Your desire is blatantly obvious.

ignoring your first line because of the stupid stereotyping. also flight paths suck.
    It's not stereotyping if it's true.
    It's like saying "I don't like asparagus" without ever trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Artificial and arbitrary gating. Next.
    Since when is requiring the use of a non-flying mode of transportation a form of "artificial and arbitrary gating"? What an asinine comment.

How do you know?
    Sounds more like you don't want it to.
    I can't take people serious who are on a PvP server and complain about PvP.
    Take a look yourself, are you seriously telling me that the mentality of players havent changed?
    And no, i dont want to.
    I dont want to deal with random players, i dont want to be forced into communicating with people which was the case in vanilla.
    I have no need for it, and i get enough of it with my friends and my guild.
    Why is it so hard to have both options open?

Let people fly and avoid other people, people who do want to meet other people and communicating with other people can still do so even with people flying on a dragon miles above your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Brodeo View Post
    At what point does it become appropriate for WoW to stop being WoW and start being a series of segregated minigames? Youre playing world of warcraft. If you dont like world of warcraft, by all means take your business elsewhere.
    Last time i checked, WoW was about exploring the world, playing with friends, end game content and having fun.

Not about running through thousands of mobs to get to one spot, only to be dazzled and dismounted by them all and then having to do a corpse run over and over.

And i already said this twice, i explore and get immersed into the world more on a flying mount than i ever will on ground mount.

And i ask again, what makes your opinion worth more than mine?

I dont want to deal with random players, i dont want to be forced into communicating with people
    Well there is the problem.

And i ask again, what makes your opinion worth more than mine?
    Because what you're saying doesn't make sense. When you're on a flying mount, you're flying over the world, not being immersed in it.

Blizzard's stance is pretty simple too.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    No flying makes doing things in game take longer and thus extends the life of the content.
    Exactly, plus it helps the world pvp which SHOULD be a large part of a game based on orcs vs humans endless wars...

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus View Post
    Because what you're saying doesn't make sense. When you're on a flying mount, you're flying over the world, not being immersed in it.
    And how do you know?

No i dont fly over the world, i fly all over the zone, check out every little thing, get on top of that mountain, kill that rare that is hiding and so on, i get way more immersed through that than ground mounts.

When i am on a ground mount i just run past everything just because i need to spend my time on exactly that, getting to a spot.

What if i need to farm something before a raid? i dont have to time to do that in WoD because i spend the time on actually getting to those spots, not everybody here in the world have as much time to spend on the game as you do.

And how do you know?

No i dont fly over the world, i fly all over the zone, check out every little thing, get on top of that mountain, kill that rare that is hiding.

When i am on a ground mount i just run past everything just because i need to spend my time on exactly that, getting to a spot.
    So you can explore on a flying mount but not on a ground mount?
    Not making much sense here.