Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    This is so sad <3

I don't get why people make a big deal out of this. Your perspective will just change in a weeks time as to what "big numbers" are.

After the shift down, the new big number for your main nuke will be 50,000, or whatever. It's a few less zeroes but it will be huge in comparison to all your other attacks and everyone's health pools. There's no reason for the numbers to have grown as big as they are. You'll get the same excitement from hitting for whatever the next new "big number" is relative to the numbers after the crunch.
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Rip mlg numbers
    may the dew be with you
    ;_;7777777777777777

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salthar View Post
    i think 100k is pushing it, i was only getting 5k executes on the demo at blizzcon
    I'll miss getting back to back to back to back 1m damage executes.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    *Plays some sort of violin RP shit

Dearly departed 3 million + Chaos bolts that I've done on my warlock I will miss you dearly as you will probably be like 100k or something I don't know who knows.

R.I.P

What? Your turn! you have big numbers don't you? Maybe well ahahah I think :P
    They should probably remove the damage/heal done/taken from statistics. And subsequently from Wowprogress, since they won't be relevant anymore.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by salthar View Post
    i think 100k is pushing it, i was only getting 5k executes on the demo at blizzcon
    Yeah 100k will be a few expansions out. My highest crit at BlizzCon was a 10k kill shot as a BM hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    Yeah 100k will be a few expansions out. My highest crit at BlizzCon was a 10k kill shot as a BM hunter.
    Yes but what kind of gear were you using?
    It will be quite different three tears in using a legendary weapon.

Are 3 million Chaos Bolts even possible in this expansion without some sort of damage taken modifier?

15+ Year Old Account
    Growth should have always been linear, not exponential. The difference between vanilla tiers was 10 ilvls with some variation even within the tier itself, meaning top end tier 2 items were only a couple of ilvls behind low end tier 3 items.

I suppose it was necessary to have a significant jump in ilvls to have a gear reset every expansion (as gear resets are a good thing) but this squish is needed.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haywire5714 View Post
    Are 3 million Chaos Bolts even possible in this expansion without some sort of damage taken modifier?
    What are you new? Been possible lol

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Don't worry after a few weeks your 3k chaos bolts will feel big after you get used to the new numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Yes but what kind of gear were you using?
    It will be quite different three tears in using a legendary weapon.
    They didn't really give us enough time to tinker around with gear, so I can't say for sure. Probably placeholder greens. Either way consider this: 10k was my highest crit in Warlords of Draenor, the fifth expansion. There is no way we are going to scale up to a 100k crit. Otherwise we would be running into the same issue as before. The scaling is linear now and we aren't going to see such massive spikes in damage done.

Honestly, I wish they could shrink the numbers even more. The only reason they can't is because they have to leave room for growth for the 4 other expansions.

About time. Damage was crazy especially from nukers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    For how much time it takes to program SMALLER numbers, the games overall programming could continue in the direction it's already going: SUPER-DUPER-POLISHED.

Know why people keep playing WoW, No, nobody does - but I think it's because of the Polish the game has. When people play those broke not even beta tested WOW killers, they fail to realize the POLISH WoW has been through. Dear god, even during TBC when I started actually playing WoW for real - it was TERRIBLE compared to today

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awarelol View Post
    Honestly, I wish they could shrink the numbers even more. The only reason they can't is because they have to leave room for growth for the 4 other expansions.
    Yeah, I would have liked to go down even more personally. But then where would that leave damage in vanilla? I think it would be just as weird to be doing 100 dps at level 60 as it is to be doing 200k now. xD