Logitech G430 is it good?

So my Razer Carcharias headphones are breaking, there's a short in the cord and its really annoying. I had them for about 2 years I also had the naga for 2 years and just replaced it with g600 a few months ago so I'm kind of done with Razer. Anyways I want a headset thats 7.1 and has a 3.5mm mic / headphone jack, I noticed the G430 has a USB converter I don't NEED that for the 7.1 right? I was just wondering if the headset is good from anyone that has it or used it.

Quote Originally Posted by Charecters View Post
    I noticed the G430 has a USB converter I don't NEED that for the 7.1 right? I was just wondering if the headset is good from anyone that has it or used it.
    Not sure how good it is, compared to something like a Corsair 1500 or a G35, but I believe you actually have to have that USB converter plugged in, in order to have it process virtual 7.1 surround sound.
    "Those mortal shells that we call bodies, are not ours to keep. The body is a gift of earth that must, one day, be returned from whence it came"

Deleted
    Not good, buy real headphones not a gaming headset.

There's plenty of topics of this very subject, even on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Not good, buy real headphones not a gaming headset.

There's plenty of topics of this very subject, even on the front page.
    Could you direct me to a few that are around the $150 range?

Deleted
    Do you have a sound card other than the one integrated to your motherboard?

Quote Originally Posted by looz View Post
    Do you have a sound card other than the one integrated to your motherboard?
    I have like a $50 one, I couldn't tell you the exact name of it off the top of my head though.

Deleted
    Windows-R, type in dxdiag, sound tab.

Asus xonar dg

10+ Year Old Account
    If price isn't an obstacle, and vanity is your thing, I'm loving my new Steelseries Siberia Elite headset. The LED lights are customizable so, along with my PX-1100 keyboard and custom fans, I've got a nice purple/pink vibe going on at my desk. I'm sure a lot of audiophiles out there would be able to tell why x headphones produce better sound but I'm pretty impressed with how the elite sounds, especially with it being a headset.

Deleted
    Okay so you already have a decent sound card. These are an order of magnitude better compared to "gaming" headphones, and chances are you won't manage to break them. And if you do, you can buy spares, they aren't made to be disposable.

The price seems to be $164 at the moment, so slightly over the $150 budget, though. And you also need a separate mix, like Zalman ZM-MIC1.