Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do guilds sell raid slots / loot to outside players?

Hello!

I hope this isn't in the wrong forum or out of line. I was wondering if guilds either sell slots for a chance for loot? I'm a casual player, I have a pretty big pocket but I don't have the time to raid. I understand there is LFR, but I was hoping to get weapon with a higher Ilvl.

Again sorry if this is out of line, but I don't see anything wrong with a fair trade! Feel free to PM me or reply to this thread!

Orbitol

I've seen a guild on my realm sell a Garrosh kill for 120k gold. I think they advertise roll for mount and BoA weapon too. But I don't think it's out of line but who know :/

What raid/loot are you looking for? If it's SoO you cant do it crossrealm
    Most guilds are willing to sell runs, but cannot guarantee loot. If you only pay for loot its unlikely they'll sell
    Quote Originally Posted by Tirilka View Post
    Nope, but there is a tendency for the echochamber of whining to spiral out of control, and so everyone involved thinks this is the worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggah View Post
    What raid/loot are you looking for? If it's SoO you cant do it crossrealm
    Most guilds are willing to sell runs, but cannot guarantee loot. If you only pay for loot its unlikely they'll sell
    I really could use a solid dagger, I'm having terrible luck in LFR. If I had to just pay for a run I might consider that depending on the price. More or less don't know;

1.) If this is even a viable route / option.
    2.) What the price vs what I get.

I don't think blizzard approves of it.
    At least they said it wasn't okay for challenge runs.
    Even if it is, you probably know that bad luck can easily follow, and not give you the loot you want in 20 weeks in row+ a lot of raids probably will put dibs on weapons since it's the most important upgrade for a lot of classes
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    That was for selling CMS runs for $$$ (and streaming it lol), selling raid runs (and CMS runs) for gold is fairly common and not against any sort of rules.

It isn't too difficult to do with 25 mans, especially from the earlier bosses you can sell the tier tokens and items the raid doesn't want off of heroic bosses.

I'm under the impression that the OP is talking about selling these spots/items for gold. I remember last expansion some guy was trying to buy a BoE firelands weapon from me for cash, but I declined.
    Last edited by Venant; 2013-11-21 at 10:19 PM.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by Terridon View Post
    Even if it is, you probably know that bad luck can easily follow, and not give you the loot you want in 20 weeks in row+ a lot of raids probably will put dibs on weapons since it's the most important upgrade for a lot of classes
    I don't think blizzard cares about CM's for gold, they have been stamping people who're selling them for cash.

People have been selling raid spots for gold since TBC. As long as loot expectations are clearly laid out in chat, you should have no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisisanalt View Post
    That was for selling CMS runs for $$$ (and streaming it lol), selling raid runs (and CMS runs) for gold is fairly common and not against any sort of rules.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackblade View Post
    I don't think blizzard cares about CM's for gold, they have been stamping people who're selling them for cash.

People have been selling raid spots for gold since TBC. As long as loot expectations are clearly laid out in chat, you should have no issues.
    Aye. Me that have been missing that it was for real cash then
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I've sold some raid kills over the past couple xpacs. Selling gear and boss kills. When I did it, we wouldn't sell you straight gear unless you killed the boss before. Otherwise you'd be getting a free boss kill as well... so we'd charge a little extra. But the prices are always generally acceptable from what I've seen, I would ask around your realm for pricing.

If you'd be willing to xfer to buy them, try the WoW achievement forums, as well as maybe the raiding forums.
    Last edited by Acideyeliner; 2013-11-21 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    I've sold some raid kills over the past couple xpacs. Selling gear and boss kills. When I did it, we wouldn't sell you straight gear unless you killed the boss before. Otherwise you'd be getting a free boss kill as well... so we'd charge a little extra. But the prices are always generally acceptable from what I've seen, I would ask around your realm for pricing.

If you'd be willing to xfer to buy them, try the WoW achievement forums, as well as maybe the raiding forums.
    I would be, honestly in some ways just a shot at the gear tokens might not be a bad thing either. Thanks guys!

My guild sells stuff once we don't need them anymore, as a result we have run out of room in the gbank, too many noodle carts!
    win-win for everyone :P

15+ Year Old Account
    we sell stuff all the time.
    http://www.twitch.tv/cheezy_123
    14/14H SoO <Divinity>

Yep. We're going to be starting up boost-services for gold very shortly on EU side, to try and refill our Gbank (down to 50K cash and 4K noodle carts <.<). Selling runs for gold is very much a viable way to fund a guild's raiding (pots, flasks), and a viable way for you to get items. Sold multiple ToT HC runs last tier.

Theres nothing wrong with selling ingame services for ingame gold. This it completely fine.

It only goes against the ToS if real money is involved.

Almost every mid level+ heroic guilds would be more than happy to sell norm garrosh kills +any loot for cash since nobody even cares about it aside from heirlooms.

Plus siege/paragon normal mode loot if they haven't killed it by the end of the week.

A lot of higher end guilds should already be full on H sha loot, you can buy heroic 2handers(spell/str) and tier from them as well.

Most likely heroic nazgrim will be available too, for tier gloves, str 2 hander and spellblade.
    Last edited by Fluttershy; 2013-11-22 at 12:52 PM.

Plenty of guilds will sell stuff like that but it won't become widespread just yet. Only a few guilds are clearing the raid at the moment so you probably won't see many sell runs going until after Christmas.

Deleted
    There once was a guild on Azsune_EU which sell HC boosts in Firelands and Dragon Soul. dont remeber the price, i think it was something about 100k and you take all the loot - mounts, pets - everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah this is very common. We weren't even that great on the server but we very almost did this during DS when it was becoming so trivial we'd clear it on mains on the Wednesday and then use alts the other nights (or take the week off). Instead we decided to just make sure as many people in the guild who were available got a version of the mount. If we could do it (and we got majorly held back due to roster issues and lots of people quitting the game) then I'm sure a more focused guild would easily manage.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluttershy View Post
    Almost every mid level+ heroic guilds would be more than happy to sell norm garrosh kills +any loot for cash since nobody even cares about it aside from heirlooms.

Plus siege/paragon normal mode loot if they haven't killed it by the end of the week.

A lot of higher end guilds should already be full on H sha loot, you can buy heroic 2handers(spell/str) and tier from them as well.

Most likely heroic nazgrim will be available too, for tier gloves, str 2 hander and spellblade.
    Personally would have no issue selling everything up to and including Thok at this point in time, if there are buyers for it yet. When the tier is over, the tier is over - being "full" on loot doesn't really matter apart from ranks. Siege/paragons are kind of annoying bosses to do though, and yet to kill garrosh enough times to even think about taking people in there =P.