Thread: Orc Overload?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    At least we get to fight a Time Mage instead of an Orc warrior at the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Absolutely it's too Orcy. Which is why the real villain of WoD isn't the orcs, and Blizz already has said so.
    if the real villain of WoD isn't the orcs, why is it called 'warlords of draenor'?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    you forget draeneis its a dranei and orcs expansion tecnicaly
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    if the real villain of WoD isn't the orcs, why is it called 'warlords of draenor'?
    Compare amount of hours, that will be taken by grinding all these orcs via dungons, dailies and grinds like lifeless isle to amount of hours you will spent battling final antagonist.

Yes, waaaay too many Orcs. But I'm excited for the Draenei lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Mists of Pandaria end boss was a big cloud of mist and the end boss of Cataclysm was a great big cataclysm.

Ladies, amirite?

Seriously, if the end bosses were always in the title, then MoP would have just been called "Wrath of Hellscream," and Cataclysm would have been called "Wrath of Deathwing." While we're at it, the title of TBC should have just been "Wrath of Kil'Jaeden" and Classic should have been called "Wrath of Various Multiple Bad Guys."

Are you starting to get what I'm saying here?
    Last edited by Servasus; 2013-12-08 at 09:06 PM.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripping View Post
    I have never liked orcs, so its all a bit mehh for me. The only thing worse than orcs for me, are pandas. MoP was horrible
    man...good ur speaking for urself...if u would say belgs i would agree but pandas and orcs?!?!
    Last edited by bison91; 2013-12-08 at 09:26 PM.

My quess:

5.4 Nazi-Orcs
    6.0 Robo-Orcs
    6.1 -- meaningless filler --
    6.2 Gron-riding-Orcs with shoehorning in fucking trolls
    6.3 -- meaningless filler --
    6.4 Fel-Orcs

If it follows the mop model.

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    [IMG]-[/IMG]
    So many Draenei.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Finally we get some ORCS in this game! Took 'em 9 years to finally bring some Orc stuff!

I've been sick of orcs. I mean, seriously.

BC: Orc-centric expansion horde side.
    Cata: Plot centered around an orc even for Alliance.
    MoP: Orcs are the true main villain and present all throughout the expansion, save 5.2.
    WoD: Do I even need to say it?

It's getting old. I know orcs are one of the two backbones of the Warcraft franchise but I think it's about time we gave other horde races the spotlight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gguga12 View Post
    you forget draeneis
    But we won't be fighting any, at least I don't think.
    And they've painted a target over seven Orcs already...

As long as Metzen has any say you'll have orcs and YOU'LL LIKE IT

And trolls too. As King Terenas said, there must always be a troll dungeon.

How on earth did you people enjoy TBC or wrath and they were touted as demons and zombies everywhere?

I'm probably missing some things but:

TBC had Orcs, 50 kinds of demons, ogres, Arakkoa, draenei, Blood elves, naga, and a bajillion forms of wildlife.

Wrath had undead, vrykul, trolls, faceless, nerubians, dragons, worgen, Titan constructs, more wildlife, minor races

Cata had the entire old world on top of more titan constructs and wildlife, faceless, twilight cult, elementals

Mists (toted as PANDAS EVERYWHERE) had trolls, mogu, mantid, pandas, wildlife, several more minor races

So why would WoD be any different? As of right now it has orcs, draenei, ogres, and arakkoa. Not including anything else blizz decides to make up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aakarshan View Post
    It's getting old. I know orcs are one of the two backbones of the Warcraft franchise but I think it's about time we gave other horde races the spotlight.
    You mean like making a Troll Warchief?

15+ Year Old Account
    Well it's a classic trio of antagonists in fantasy: we've been through demons, undead, and now it's time for orcs. WoW added a bit of unorthodox Lovecraft Old Gods to the mix, but it's a small thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    Well it's a classic trio of antagonists in fantasy: we've been through demons, undead, and now it's time for orcs. WoW added a bit of unorthodox Lovecraft Old Gods to the mix, but it's a small thing.
    Well at least they didnt add nazi's... (/looks at "true" horde)... damn.

if it was up to the vocal community, you'd have a Sargeras xpac where you defeat him. and that would be the end if the story and game. if you don't like their story well go play fable or something without a story or a minor story. I'm sorry you don't like garrosh and his story, I love his story since he has been brought in.

and who in the horde should get an xpac? trolls? they've been getting alot of attention. tauren? their only interesting character died to garrosh, I love baine but he needs more ingame patches over an entire xpac. Belves? they'll get their spotlight soon. goblins? OMG RAIDUNG AZSHARA IS FUN, you'd bitch more about that then anything. Forsaken? they'll get theirs soon.

I'll agree that allies need more lore, but gnomes and humans are bleh, nightelves probably boring unless Maiv kills malfurion or tyrande, dwarves yeah this would actually be good, worgen give them gilneas as a capital city and start the forsaken/worgen wars xpac.

but seriously it's their game and their story, if you have a better or think you have a better idea, then why aren't you nakung your own game, or working for them. It's not hard to find Mike Morheime's email or Twitter.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to kill things. Orcs will just have to satisfy my lust for blood..... for now.

All skills will be replaced with traps, with which we will obliterate Garrosh's iron horde while racking up combo bonuses and tossing out witty one liners, because of course these Orcs Must Die!
    A Tank's Best Friend since 2005.
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-a-Raid-boss./ Fear My Mighty Walls of Text.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just a bit. But hey, you can't deny Blizzard love their orcs.

Really, they've been the "main character" race of the Horde for so long I have a hard time imagining it otherwise. It would feel weird.