How to warrior feel in the raid environment compared to DK?

I was thinking in rerolling for the next xpac, and can't decide if I should stay or go. How good do warriors feel?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So... you ask us for opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

They feel pretty good.

10+ Year Old Account
    More mobility, active mitigation more based on vengeance stacked (shield barrier) as opposed to waiting at the right time to blood strike, defensive cooldowns on a bit longer timer but stronger than DK which are shorter cd but a little weaker (except for AMS, you're going to miss that)
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't mention if looking to tank or DPS? Assuming tank which has been covered, but for DPS, Arms or Fury are in really good places comparatively and the additional mobility is great. I prefer DPS warrior to tanking now.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like warriors more than dks, their mobility is awesome, plus the blazing trail when you charge, and imo dual wield 2h > 1h, makes you look way more badass, also, you havent been pwned by someone like....the mortal being getting ressed and made a slave of the LK.

The only thing i would change about warriors if i had the powers to do so, was to change their rotation to be something like WW monks, kind of pisses me off to build rage and dump everything on a CS window...then..back to wait CS come off cd to..dump everything again, bleh, hope they change that in WoD, who knows /shrug

My main is a DK, but my only alt is a warrior.

When I'm playing my DK, I really wish I had;

- MOBILITY: there is nothing in the game that compares to charging/leaping around the battlefield
    - Damage cooldowns: Pillar of Frost and ERW are laughably weak. Bloodbath, Skull banner and Recklessness, and the burst with CS and SB are vastly superior
    - Damage migitation: Defensive stance doesn't completely wreck your damage output like blood presence, and the 25% is far better than the 10%+55% armor. Die by the Sword and Shield wall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Icebound fortitude, except for the stun break, but when was the last time you were stunned in a raid?
    - Raid CD's: AMZ is very, very situational. Rallying Cry and Demo banner are useful on every single fight.
    - Damage: Face it, DK damage is awful. It was awful in T15 (aside from the festerblight mistake), its awful in T16. Warriros don't scale like they did in WOTLK, but they DRASTICALLY out-scale DK's. DK's start expansions/tiers really strong due to their high innate critical strike chance via Killing Machine, but they also rapidly drop off to near shit status once you get into near BiS situations.

When I'm playing my warrior, I really wish I had;

- AMS: The only thing I really, really miss. AMS allows DKs to cheese some mechanics, and allows you to refill your resources every 30 seconds (with EEoG)
    - Ranged Damage: Even though it isn't good, DK's don't have to sit there being useless when targets are out of range. Disease ticks, HB, DnD, and Death Coil allow you to at least do something
    - PVP: Although warriors are currently better in PVP, I'd still chose DK as the one thing that drives me crazy is being rooted, and DK's have more to deal with that, solo, than warriors.

I guess overall I like the feel of the DK, the rune/RP system. I swapped to my DK early on in Cata because I hated the new rage system they gave warriors and was bitter about it. Looking back I wish I had just stayed with my warrior. They offer so much more in raids, and they don't have to deal with the letdown on being great at the start and horrid at the end of each raid tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Skarssen View Post
    My main is a DK, but my only alt is a warrior.

When I'm playing my DK, I really wish I had;

- MOBILITY: there is nothing in the game that compares to charging/leaping around the battlefield
    - Damage cooldowns: Pillar of Frost and ERW are laughably weak. Bloodbath, Skull banner and Recklessness, and the burst with CS and SB are vastly superior
    - Damage migitation: Defensive stance doesn't completely wreck your damage output like blood presence, and the 25% is far better than the 10%+55% armor. Die by the Sword and Shield wall >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Icebound fortitude, except for the stun break, but when was the last time you were stunned in a raid?
    - Raid CD's: AMZ is very, very situational. Rallying Cry and Demo banner are useful on every single fight.
    - Damage: Face it, DK damage is awful. It was awful in T15 (aside from the festerblight mistake), its awful in T16. Warriros don't scale like they did in WOTLK, but they DRASTICALLY out-scale DK's. DK's start expansions/tiers really strong due to their high innate critical strike chance via Killing Machine, but they also rapidly drop off to near shit status once you get into near BiS situations.

When I'm playing my warrior, I really wish I had;

- AMS: The only thing I really, really miss. AMS allows DKs to cheese some mechanics, and allows you to refill your resources every 30 seconds (with EEoG)
    - Ranged Damage: Even though it isn't good, DK's don't have to sit there being useless when targets are out of range. Disease ticks, HB, DnD, and Death Coil allow you to at least do something
    - PVP: Although warriors are currently better in PVP, I'd still chose DK as the one thing that drives me crazy is being rooted, and DK's have more to deal with that, solo, than warriors.

I guess overall I like the feel of the DK, the rune/RP system. I swapped to my DK early on in Cata because I hated the new rage system they gave warriors and was bitter about it. Looking back I wish I had just stayed with my warrior. They offer so much more in raids, and they don't have to deal with the letdown on being great at the start and horrid at the end of each raid tier.
    And let's face it. Playing a warrior feels like playing melee, DK is babby's first melee for people that wanted to still be mage.
    You're not to think you are anything special. You're not to think you are as good as we are. You're not to think you are smarter than we are. You're not to convince yourself that you are better than we are. You're not to think you know more than we do. You're not to think you are more important than we are. You're not to think you are good at anything. You're not to laugh at us. You're not to think anyone cares about you. You're not to think you can teach us anything.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    And let's face it. Playing a warrior feels like playing melee, DK is babby's first melee for people that wanted to still be mage.
    Wow. You opinioned hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by GrinningMan View Post
    Well when I first started I played blood DPS, which was my favorite spec in the game. It felt very much like a warrior, with big physical hits and no flash spells, but had the dark, evil DK feel to it. But, they took that away and forced most blood DPS people into frost. Unholy is an abomination. Might as well just put them in dresses and stand in the back with the rest of the pussy casters. The vast majority of unholy's damage is diseases, pets, and death coil. Its hardest hitting melee strikes do less damage than fury auto-attacks.