Warrior Leveling

So I'm bored of raiding on basically all my characters atm, and Warriors look fun. So I've been leveling one.

Anywho, I've got basically full heirlooms (and 2x2H and sword/board for weapons, so I can play whatever I want).

Out of curiosity, around when can I expect prot >not< to blow the other spec's out of the water? I mean, just in raw damage regardless of vengeance up to 60 my prot warrior has out dps'd every other class single/multi-target (not speaking of his survivability either), this including myself heirloom geared as arms/fury.

Also if you have any tips/tricks I might learn as a warrior (so far I've mostly just "tanked" random dungeons to level [I say tank lightly, since I just chain pull the entire instance up to a boss and AoE it down basically by myself with occasional victory rushes if my healer isnt good enough to keep me up...or if they die somehow.]) are always appreciated.

Note: Generally I quest to level 1-90. But whenever I can run random dungeons in 10mins flat [still only 50, so not like it's hard I know], regardless of the DPS/healer's contribution to the group, it seems an amusing change of pace.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So first of all, and please take no offence, I swear there have been around 300 posts in the last 2 weeks regarding this matter.

Anyway.

Unless you hate running instances, Arms will take over prot somewhere around 80-85. Shieldbash will stop removing major chunks of the enemy mob. On the other hand, if you enjoy tanking staying deff may be still worthwhile for you. if you decide to aquire a damage second specc or respecc to arms or fury, chose arms. Fury is highly gear dependant and feels unreliable and boring with low amounts of crit. I found out, that with second wind and victory rush even bigger packs of enemies would not pose any danger, even in pandaria. basically its stack them --> spam slam until kingdom come.
    If you decide to stay tank or at least tank an instance from time to time, be aware, that our AoE tanking ability has a six second cooldown. Between that you can only use procced cleaves and tab taunt if you lose aggro. Annoying as fuck. Oh, and dont bother if you get into a group with that 570 fire mage, that wants to help his mate getting gear faster. Just dont bother.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    So first of all, and please take no offence, I swear there have been around 300 posts in the last 2 weeks regarding this matter.

Anyway.

Unless you hate running instances, Arms will take over prot somewhere around 80-85. Shieldbash will stop removing major chunks of the enemy mob. On the other hand, if you enjoy tanking staying deff may be still worthwhile for you. if you decide to aquire a damage second specc or respecc to arms or fury, chose arms. Fury is highly gear dependant and feels unreliable and boring with low amounts of crit. I found out, that with second wind and victory rush even bigger packs of enemies would not pose any danger, even in pandaria. basically its stack them --> spam slam until kingdom come.
    If you decide to stay tank or at least tank an instance from time to time, be aware, that our AoE tanking ability has a six second cooldown. Between that you can only use procced cleaves and tab taunt if you lose aggro. Annoying as fuck. Oh, and dont bother if you get into a group with that 570 fire mage, that wants to help his mate getting gear faster. Just dont bother.
    Sorry I didn't see any (I admit I didn't look very hard past the top of page 2 >.>) similar posts.

And thanks for the advice. I do enjoy tanking, though I am normally a healer by trade I enjoy all roles.

When does slam start to AoE? When you say spam slam until kingdom come, do you mean SS+Slam, or?

I was considering/planning leveling dungeons until at least 60, maybe 70 (once I see how fast I can clear/the leveling speed. I also dislike outlands so there is that.)

When you were grinding/leveling in pandaria, do you stay in def stance while killing those large packs? Or battle stance it up?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gnorrior View Post
    Sorry I didn't see any (I admit I didn't look very hard past the top of page 2 >.>) similar posts.

And thanks for the advice. I do enjoy tanking, though I am normally a healer by trade I enjoy all roles.

When does slam start to AoE? When you say spam slam until kingdom come, do you mean SS+Slam, or?

I was considering/planning leveling dungeons until at least 60, maybe 70 (once I see how fast I can clear/the leveling speed. I also dislike outlands so there is that.)

When you were grinding/leveling in pandaria, do you stay in def stance while killing those large packs? Or battle stance it up?

Well, there is a search function for the forums^^
    Yes, Sweeping Strikes is required for all AoE situations. Slam cleaves whenever SS is active, additionally to the effect of SS. If any number of mobs is close enough to each other, prefer slam over all. if not, just keep SS active and continue single target rotation. Thunderclap is only worth it with 3+ enemies. If only 2 enemies, tab to apply Wounds with Mortal Strike to both. Do never use Deffstance while leveling outside of prot. The few moments Deffstance may grant you in a critical situations will most likely not save you and additionally to that you wont get rage from authits.
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Arms is so mindless, that if you literally follow the "core abilities" help thing on the ability tab, that's like 95% of Arms right there. If you use Mortal Strike and colossus Smash (when you get it at 81) every time off cool down, you basically know how to play Arms. There really is nothing else to it. No planning, no structure no resource constraints. Just mindless easy applied damage.

Don't use defensive stance while out in the world because you have enough retarded amounts of single target and aoe damage to kill anything faster than a Frost DK can. If you do get in trouble, remember that Warriors basically have a million ways to stay alive through passive survivability from plate armor and second wind on top of die by the sword, victory rush, Rallying Cry, Shield Wall, Demoralizing Banner. You really can't fuck it up.

Deleted
    what horde race is best for dps?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aqira91 View Post
    what horde race is best for dps?
    Orc I assume.

I personally leveled fury since this was my first 90, but now I'd recommend Arms for low level dungeons. Can't beat the sweeping strikes + Slam AoE and constant colossal smash procs, bladestorm at 60 is also huge aoe dmg. I'd also recommend running Double Time for 2 charges and second wind. I did 85-90 in like 10 hours when MoP was released, most of the time I was not over 50% hp. Second winding most of the time + the occasion victory rush.

As for race choice, currently orc has one of the better DPS CD's and an 1% expertise racial to axes. But in WoD, the expertise racial will most likely be removed and I'd speculate they will buff the Blood Fury CD to compensate for what we lost, but even if that's the case it's still not too huge of a CD. Pandaren is also a very strong choice for their doubled stat benefit from food buffs.
    Last edited by Pharm; 2013-12-20 at 02:24 AM.