Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caliph View Post
    What did Afghanistan or Saudia Arabia have to do with 9/11? By that reasoning the families can sue the USA for training, arming, and creating Osama Bin Laden.
    The very notion of suing countries for the actions of a small group of people living there seems asinine. It'd be like countries filing harassment charges against the US because the WBC paid them a visit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh at the sue culture......

Kinda reminds me on this song:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    People said the same thing when that fat woman dropped coffee on herself then sued McDonald's for selling it hot.
    SA will do what the U.S does.

Ignore it completely, you can't enforce civil court decisions in one country to another; That's hilarious, much so for SA.

They're a key ally for the states, both in terms of geopolitics and oil wealth.

However, if we choose to handwave that away, let's examine sovereign immunity; The U.S adopted it from the inception of itself as a nation, like many others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Sch..._v._M%27Faddon

It basically boils down to, lol fuck you, you have no jurisdiction.

People said the same thing when that fat woman dropped coffee on herself then sued McDonald's for selling it hot.
    The difference here is that Saudi Arabia isn't a franchise with stores across the nation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnasnimadan View Post

So when can Japan sue 'Murica for Nagasaki and Hiroshima? (Maybe I should check if they haven't attempted already first xD)
    If you can recall anything about the end of WW2, then it would be somewhat obvious that they can't.

I'll give you a hint. It's the same reason that WW2 veterans were turned away when they tried to sue Honda, Mitsubishi and many other Japanese companies for using their slave labor in POW camps during WW2.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Can't wait for the U.S. to follow its own example and pay out to the families of civilians targeted by drones.
    I'm holding my breath.

*asphyxiates*

*dies*
    Putin khuliyo

/sigh

Suing will do nothing for them. They will not get the money, a country cannot be responsible for their peoples actions. or can they. WW2 - Germany absorbed much of the damages and restitution, but it was their leaders making the wretched decisions. Were the Saudi leaders involved? if not, then I can see no legal precedence here. And when are we going to let sleeping dogs lie. It was a tragedy, but over a decade later, lets let the past stay in the past. Even if they did receive some kind of compensation, it will never compare or replace what they lost.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Can't wait for the U.S. to follow its own example and pay out to the families of civilians targeted by drones.
    They already do all countries give families of acceptable losses money.

Deleted
    Will America also allow woman and children of Iraq to claim compensation from America for all the war crimes and civilian carpet bombings they did?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Suing will do nothing for them. They will not get the money, a country cannot be responsible for their peoples actions. or can they. WW2 - Germany absorbed much of the damages and restitution, but it was their leaders making the wretched decisions. Were the Saudi leaders involved? if not, then I can see no legal precedence here.
    Who do you think is the major funder of wahabi muslim terrorism/extremism around the Globe?

Deleted
    So can the rest of the world sue US for equipping/train/suport Bin Laden in the fist place, and for all other questionable guerrilla/freedom fighters/terrorists who was US making during the cold war.

Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    So can the rest of the world sue US for equipping/train/suport Bin Laden in the fist place, and for all other questionable guerrilla/freedom fighters/terrorists who was US making during the cold war.
    Then you would have to sue russia for starting it then sue Germany for causing that then sue the jews for causing hitler to be mad then sue w/e created the jews.

Edit

Then suw the egyptions for not hiding the shackle keys then blame rome for some reason.
    Last edited by Raptor With a Saber; 2013-12-21 at 09:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Wait....people can sue a country?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Naftc View Post
    Then you would have to sue russia for starting it then sue Germany for causing that then sue the jews for causing hitler to be mad then sue w/e created the jews.
    technical yes, to maintain the foundation of "all are equal before the law" but it might be better if US reform its ridicules sue laws.

Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    get over it. 9/11 was done by a crazy extremist who saudi arabia themselves were trying to eliminate Osama bin Ladin. and Bill Clinton pointed out that he was trying to get rid of him and failed and he urged George w. Bush to take care of it as soon as he takes office.

And If you remember correctly. The USA was backing up Osama bin Ladin against the USSR back in the 80s-early 90s. So if they want to sue someone. Sue your own government.

or you know what. Sue the voters since they elected a stupid president who turned the USA upside down in terms of economy.
    Pretty sure you can't sure the mentally ill other wise bush wouldve been sued millions of times by now.

Saudi's will probably throw money at it to save face, and because they just have more money than they know what to do with.

Hell, I'll sue for emotional damages, I had a family friend killed in the WTC.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Please realize there's a difference between can be sued, and will be successfully sued.

This ruling is as dumb as it is without consequences.

There is a lot of evidence that Saudi Arabia harboured them for a long time despite knowing their agenda, Not to mention 15 out of the 19 hijackers were Saudi themselves.
    How are some of them still alive?

Deleted
    yet again what fantastic misdirection