What Will PvP Players Do Come 2014

PvP focused players have been asking for cross server match up system as well as a penalty for leaving an active WZ and removal of premades in non ranked WZ. They have also been asking BW to look into Operative healers as they are able to vanish during combat as well as most, if not all, of there healing is instant cast with a good array of CC which has made stacking them a strategy that can not be countered when teamed with an Assassin who can nearly global non-tanks.

Add to that how much lag the game engine is and the fact that it simply can not -as far as I can tell- handle large scale world PvP and PvP players are not having that much fun!

The list goes on to touch the bolster system, gearing and more class balance issues but I think no need to go into them.

2014 is going to see 2 new MMO's (scrolls & wildstar) and a much anticipated WoW expansion with already well over 500 ToR players committed to leave (http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=708483) due to PvP not being fun, I can't help but recall a previous SW MMO which had all the guild leaders and PvP officers mass exodus to WoW!

So, my question is what will PvP players do come 2014?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think TOR pvp is fun. I mostly play SIS and I'm very competitive in only a 4 piece WZ set. Of course, I have very little interest in arenas, I find them a waste of time. I am a little disappointed that their aren't any large scale battles. I loved those so much in the WoW game.

I'm hoping for a ESO beta, but have no interest in Widlstar (looks terrible), and I wouldn't "leave" swtor, but when my 2 (3 with bonus month) time elapses, i'll re-evaluate my situation.

Deleted
    I havent played star wars as in several months before f2p. Did they remove restrictions on warzone participation for f2p-players? That would make me return and play for a bit, especially since not having expansions I would be locked lvl 50 with rest of f2p-players and with same gear restrictions (might be some that unlocks if possible for twinking) but it might be more balanced anyway than endest of game with p2win gear restrictions. So, if they remove warzone restrictions pvp will probably become more alive. Any updates on that?

Deleted
    Really didn't feel like bumping this, but since it's at the top anyway...

The linked post reminds eerily of the "WAR is coming" threads being spammed in the official WoW forum in 2007 and 2008 threatening an exodus of pvpers as well. Warhammer was hyped, it had a big publisher, had a powerful IP, it was pvp-centric and yet died a slow and painful death. Anybody thinking the utterly obscure Wildstar (no hype, no EA, no IP) of all things will become a lasting success and make a meaningful dent in SWTOR's or even WoW's subscription numbers is completely delusional.

Shooters are sold on pvp. MOBAs are sold on pvp. Starcraft is selling on pvp. Many racing games are sold on pvp. MMORPGs are not. People wanting their "player vs player" fix grind/item-based with a subscription and balancing affected by pve, instead of skill-based without a subscription and balanced for pvp only are a minority, most likely a tiny one.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    Really didn't feel like bumping this, but since it's at the top anyway...

The linked post reminds eerily of the "WAR is coming" threads being spammed in the official WoW forum in 2007 and 2008 threatening an exodus of pvpers as well. Warhammer was hyped, it had a big publisher, had a powerful IP, it was pvp-centric and yet died a slow and painful death. Anybody thinking the utterly obscure Wildstar (no hype, no EA, no IP) of all things will become a lasting success and make a meaningful dent in SWTOR's or even WoW's subscription numbers is completely delusional.

Shooters are sold on pvp. MOBAs are sold on pvp. Starcraft is selling on pvp. Many racing games are sold on pvp. MMORPGs are not. People wanting their "player vs player" fix grind/item-based with a subscription and balancing affected by pve, instead of skill-based without a subscription and balanced for pvp only are a minority, most likely a tiny one.
    Yeah my european non PvP server is dead. 30-54 brackets have some activity (during normal off work hours only tho, so if you wanna have a match during sick days and at night - good effin luck), but once you hit 55.. Rare pop ups in 18h-22h range. Any other time than that - don't even bother.

No cross server queues and F2P retarded restrictions make PvP (and game to me) pretty much dead and not worth investing time.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Deleted
    So no news on when f2p warzone restrictions is being removed? I thought it was close, like same patch as that space ship pvp patch that was suppose to hit rather soon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Wildstar sounds great on paper, but then again so did GW2 and I know the PvP excitement died down pretty quickly once we were a few weeks in. I don't doubt that those people are set to leaving, but whether they stay gone or come back is another story.

The truth is that PvPers make up a very small portion of the population, and the PvPers that are true high end players make up an even smaller portion of that subset. However, just like this is also true of PvE Raiders, although they have small numbers, they have a VERY large influence. So even if a few leave, if they are in that top 1% of playerbase, their leaving could have a very large impact on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    So no news on when f2p warzone restrictions is being removed? I thought it was close, like same patch as that space ship pvp patch that was suppose to hit rather soon?
    Not that I know of. It was meant to be in shortly after 2.4 or 2.5, but it rather looks like another PR from Bioware full of BS. Regarding the question at hand, I do plan to try the new mmos, but at pre-55 pvp is good for my taste.