Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pretty obvious that this behavior is not indented and could be easily fixed by not making the boss attackable for a bit like the pirate ship. I would imagine a blue would agree with me if asked, but this doesn't sound like something they would even glance at. Super dick thing to do but literally nothing you can do to stop it. Like the sorry and underpopulated state of a lot of servers, Blizzard does not care and will not help you. Buy a glider.

People have been doing this from start to upset people.
    There was a DK tank and resto sham just holding him for a long time.
    It's such a meh move, so pointless and so idiotic.
    I tried to farm the mount, but in the end i couldnt be arsed when i missed 1/3 or 3/5 sometimes. Because of this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    they are doing nothing wrong.
    but the people doing it are NOT griefing others
    Are you serious? Why not? Because they're not "breaking rules"? Grow up. They know what they're doing and they're childish little douchebags. There is absolutely no advantage in pulling Hulolon in such a way. They do it solely to keep others from getting shots at the mount. If you honestly can't see it's griefing or wrong, then just wow at you.
    Look! Words!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    just an off topic question, does this method work for reachin the rarespawn elemental that has a chance to drop a pet? (forgot the name of it, red colored pandaren water elemental)
    Yes. You can do this to reach any point on the island.

@foxheart making sure you can tag a mob that dies in <10 seconds as soon as possible is an advantage whether you realize it or not. Grow up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Saddened but not surprised at the amount of people in this thread trying to justify asshole behavior. Just be honest like some others -- only reason to do this is to piss other people off. Just be honest.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Here's what you do:

Go to the crane statue that shoots you up in the air and slow falls you. Then descend to the top of the tower on the bridge. When Huolon spawns you spam the crap out of taunt till he is taunt immune. Then you jump down to the bridge so everyone else can get the kill. This way you ruin the douchebags' fun on top of the tower and get to be a hero.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fincher View Post
    Maybe the first person was a griefer and all others just do it to get their chance at mount?
    Pulling. If you're flying up because someone else pulled it up there, fine. If you're camping with your buddies and just waiting for him to spawn so you can troll people, you're an asshole.
    Look! Words!

Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: February 5
    Creatures
    •Huolon's spawn point has been moved to the ground.

Pretty much ends this discussion now!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twizy View Post
    Patch 5.4.2 Hotfixes: February 5
    Creatures
    •Huolon's spawn point has been moved to the ground.

Pretty much ends this discussion now!
    Was already buried til you brought it back to page 1.

Real griefers train Priests of Ordos on all the AFKs waiting for Huolon to spawn.

People were having an issue with this just recently so I commented. So sorry to have upset you...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Bind taunt and use it.

"I don't have a taunt"

Out of the dozens of people waiting to kill it, one of them is a paladin, warrior, druid, shaman, dk or monk.
    The funny thing is every single of one those classes mentioned have a range attack. Never had a problem range pulling Huolon while he was flying around on any of the classes mentioned.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian Stormclaw View Post
    Who said that the mob hs to come to you? Why not get up there yoursf and fight him? I see nothing absolutely wrong ith what the gliding plqyers were doing.
    If you can't see the problem then you aren't that bright. Plain and simple. There is no other legitimate reason for doing this. The only reason is to grief others and the players that do this are selfish, petulant children that have no social skills whatsoever and hide behind internet anonymity.

It's also against the rules. Try and nitpick as you like, it's intentional griefing.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winterstrife View Post
    The funny thing is every single of one those classes mentioned have a range attack. Never had a problem range pulling Huolon while he was flying around on any of the classes mentioned.
    Problem is you didn't think this comment through before posting.

-They are tagging at his actual spawn point which is high in the air.
    -People typically wait to pull Huolon to allow other players time to arrive for the kill instead of immediately pulling. I know it's weird for some of you to remember you actually play this game with other people.
    Last edited by Scinder; 2014-02-06 at 04:03 PM.

It's a bad fix. Now there will be little time to run to him, and the only way to get a kill will be to camp him.

The correct fix would be to have him unattackable until he gets close to the intended combat point. At least that way you have time from the first person announcing him for you to be able to get there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scinder View Post
    -People typically wait to pull Huolon to allow other players time to arrive for the kill instead of immediately pulling. I know it's weird for some of you to remember you actually play this game with other people.
    It is not griefing, and not against the rules, to pull and kill any mob in so others have a harder time joining in. Otherwise all of the addons that announce a rare spawn on the timeless isle would be greifing and against the rules. Because 9 times out of 10 the mob is dead before you have a chance to get there.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by zyx View Post
    Doing it once or twice is legal, but childish and so forth.
    But doing it several spawns in a row, I'd call it griefing. Make a ticket and see what Blizzard says.

Also, I tried it once, that he was killed up there. I was able to loot if it I hugged the wall.
    Stop using the term legal and illegal in regards to game rules. Legality implies that laws were passed by governing officials. There is nothing legal nor illegal in this terms of breaking game rules. It may be unethical, against the spirit of the game, or poor sportsmanship, but it is hardly legal or illegal.

Been fixed apparently with today's maintenance (EU). Blizzard was aware of all the bed wetters using an exploit.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by freighttrain View Post
    Stop using the term legal and illegal in regards to game rules. Legality implies that laws were passed by governing officials. There is nothing legal nor illegal in this terms of breaking game rules. It may be unethical, against the spirit of the game, or poor sportsmanship, but it is hardly legal or illegal.
    Actually the EULA and ToS are legally binding contracts. One of the common definitions for legal is allowed by the law or the rules of the game. An slashing call is an illegal move by a hockey player. Touching the ball with your hand is an illegal move in Soccer (football). Legal and Illegal don't just deal with government issued rules.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackmist View Post
    It's a bad fix. Now there will be little time to run to him, and the only way to get a kill will be to camp him.

The correct fix would be to have him unattackable until he gets close to the intended combat point. At least that way you have time from the first person announcing him for you to be able to get there.
    It is a bad fix, I think a better fix would be for him to just nuke the shit with knockback effects on the pillars people pull this shit on. 100 yd+ knock backs would catch some of these griefers off guard that's for sure.
    My Partner does vegan food art @Monaco's Kitchen:
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Monacos-Kit...age_fan_invite
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/monacoskitchen/

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    It is not griefing, and not against the rules, to pull and kill any mob in so others have a harder time joining in. Otherwise all of the addons that announce a rare spawn on the timeless isle would be greifing and against the rules. Because 9 times out of 10 the mob is dead before you have a chance to get there.
    Pulling a mob to a location where others are unable to access is griefing. How is this hard to understand or are people that dense? I don't care how fast you are, you aren't getting out to a location where you can mount up, fly as high as required and dismount to glide to the boss before it dies.

I've only personally seen this twice but each time as soon as Huolon spawns, I've watched a player log in to that exact spot, or up above the Berzerker camp up the hill to pull Huolon so no one else could tag it.

Since these simple concepts seem to be going over your head, let me help you a little as intentional griefing can earn the player a temporary or permanent ban.

"A griefer is a player in a multiplayer video game who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game, using aspects of the game in unintended ways.[1] A griefer derives pleasure primarily or exclusively from the act of annoying other users, and as such is a particular nuisance in online gaming communities, since griefers often cannot be deterred by penalties related to in-game goals."