Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemsu Hov View Post
    Dollars are made from cents. Look people, fuck the information I fucking linked. Fuck it all. All I want to know is why no one is talking about the issue. That's all. Fuck everything else. I don't even care if I die. I fucking hate myself anyways. I was just hoping I could make a few people more aware of the issue but I am just some depressed conspiracy theroiest nutjob.
    This will never help when trying to make a case. It just makes you out to look exactly what you said, a "depressed conspiracy theroiest nutjob"

Misinformation? So the problem is all dealt with and over? Oh boy what a relief, Look, I fucking made this thread inquiring as to why no one is talking about the problem. I added some information that is pretty fuckin common at this point, give you a source for this shit and you're still unhappy? Also, go read up on what is happening and then look at symptoms of radiation sickness. Yeah I can't fucking link the two but it's also a pretty safe bet(Take not I did not just say it's complete fucking fact).
    I read the USGS polar bear article. It states that the bears act normally even though they are losing some of their fur. If they were suffering from radiation sickness they would not be acting normal and hairloss is not the first thing that happens when you ingest too much radiation, you get sick. The cause is likely either bacterial or related to high temperature or some other kind of stress.

The contamination is bad, because any contamination is bad, but outside of the area east of Japan the concentration isnt enough to affect anything. The Pacific Ocean is huge, you need a lot more contamination than was released at Fukushima to make it dangerous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonshain View Post
    You and your kind should go to Fukushima and and live happily ever after with all kinds of cancer, failing organs and lovely bloody deaths. What brain dead kid thinks radiation is a conspiracy? Cernobyl effects linger even today, Fukushima is even worse because of all the currents spreading the contaminated water and the worse is yet to come, that reactor will fail. Go be stupid in your cave.
    Have you ever been on a flight that's fairly long? You've absorbed more radiation from those few hours than you will in your lifetime from either Chernobyl/Fukushima, unless you live near those locations. He didn't say that radiation was a conspiracy, but what is a conspiracy is that the radiation form that is going to cause catastrophic health issues for loads of people. It's not. The amount of radiation we're talking about here unless you're directly in contact with material from the site/within something like 50 miles of Fukushima, is so low it's irrelevant.

You're not in danger and neither really is anyone else, not even the Japanese. Why? Because people are working on fixing it and they're doing their jobs damn well. If we left it there may be issues but that's not the case. Sure there's radioactive water going into the oceans but really it's not going to be that important unless you drink from the outlet pipe. Dilution is the solution.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Fukushima is even worse because of all the currents spreading the contaminated water and the worse is yet to come
    More misinformation and ignorance brought to us today by the letter U, for uneducated.

You and your kind should go to Fukushima and and live happily ever after with all kinds of cancer, failing organs and lovely bloody deaths. What brain dead kid thinks radiation is a conspiracy? Cernobyl effects linger even today, Fukushima is even worse because of all the currents spreading the contaminated water and the worse is yet to come, that reactor will fail. Go be stupid in your cave.
    And I repeat: Spending an hour on the grounds at Chernobyl in 2010 gives you a total radiation of aproximately 6mSv, or 52560 mSv/year (this was just one spot, it varies depending on where you are). Every 150 meters you get away from the source, you halve total radiation. So if you live 3km away, that is halved 20 times, or aprox divided by 1 million, totalling aproximately 0.05mSv/year, which is less than 1% increase of the normal yearly background radiation. If you live 2km away, it's aproximately 5mSv, so you get a bit more than the normal yearly background radiation extra from living 2 km away from Chernobyl. You still need 100mSv/year to get an increased cancer risk.

10+ Year Old Account
    People are too fat and happy. Most people think that tragedies like Chernobyl are things that belong to history books, not reality.

As long as things do not interrupt people's daily lives, they just don't care. Japan is a tiny place so it's easy to keep a lot of what happens there away from the eyes of global media. But with a quick youtube search you can see a lot of videos showing how things aren't so good in there, specially the way they treat their workers in the plant.

Most of them work with little protection and get a tiny paycheck. They're practically in a suicide mission but they continue to work everyday on terrible work shifts. To me they are the true fukushima heroes and hopefully one day the situation will be controlled.

Let me help you answer your question why it has already been forgotten. The government has to keep it low key to not cause mass panic among the citizens. A mass panic would cause disasters across countries.

Here is a satellite image of the leaked radiation. Again their was 300 gallons leaked EVERYDAY until the issue was fixed.

The image was taken in March 2012. We are now in January 2014. I wonder how far it has spread now... In reality it affects all of the food supply.

Doesn't matter where the cancer is coming from.

Since I am new apparently I can't post a link which sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZedsDead View Post
    Here is a satellite image of the leaked radiation. Again their was 300 gallons leaked EVERYDAY until the issue was fixed.
    You didn't post an image, but I'm gonna be a time lord here, and call it before it happened: It's probably the mistaken picture of tidal movement that was accidentally posted as radiation leakage with the NOAA sign.

- - - Updated - - -

Since I am new apparently I can't post a link which sucks.
    Just post the web link and break up the actual url in a couple places.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filathorn View Post
    And I repeat: Spending an hour on the grounds at Chernobyl in 2010 gives you a total radiation of aproximately 6mSv, or 52560 mSv/year (this was just one spot, it varies depending on where you are). Every 150 meters you get away from the source, you halve total radiation. So if you live 3km away, that is halved 20 times, or aprox divided by 1 million, totalling aproximately 0.05mSv/year, which is less than 1% increase of the normal yearly background radiation. If you live 2km away, it's aproximately 5mSv, so you get a bit more than the normal yearly background radiation extra from living 2 km away from Chernobyl. You still need 100mSv/year to get an increased cancer risk.
    Just to add to this, for those who are educated but not on this topic - consider the inverse square law. I don't believe that's the equation they use (I'd be slightly surprised if it was) but it's a similar effect to that.
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Because it's not a problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until i start glowing or growing random limbs I'm not rally concerned >.<

This is not a claim, it's an example.
    Well, that's about as useful as saying "I ride the poop train".
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    Just to add to this, for those who are educated but not on this topic - consider the inverse square law. I don't believe that's the equation they use (I'd be slightly surprised if it was) but it's a similar effect to that.
    Actually, the inverse square law works slower than this. This is a negative exponential growth, that is, for every x length you move away from the source, you halve the effect and if you move 2x the length, you reduce the effect by 75%. (whereas with inverse square you get a drop of 75% every time you double the distance from the source)

theliving ocean .net/2012 /03 /fukushima- radiation- moving-in -seawater. html

trying to break the url up bear with me here.

It also has a nice little video for you guys to watch!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Filathorn View Post
    Actually, the inverse square law works slower than this. This is a negative exponential growth, that is, for every x length you move away from the source, you halve the effect and if you move 2x the length, you reduce the effect by 75%. (whereas with inverse square you get a drop of 75% every time you double the distance from the source)
    Oooh thank you I was going to go and google this when I got back from a snack and a drink but now I'm back and you've done it for me Shall go take a look anyway though, I enjoy reading about all the maths behind things. Enough so that I decided to do a degree in it.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article...2#.UsiL2_vuU0k

1st link Doesn't mention Fukushima or radiation at all. It says "The cause and significance of the observed lesions are unknown".

http://enenews.com/alaska-28-of-pola...-function-gees

2nd link says nothing about Fukushima or radiation being the cause of the problems you mentioned in polar bears. "Coxiella burnetii, a bacterial pathogen that causes disease in animals and humans, was recently detected in polar bears, northern fur seals, and soil samples in Alaska." It also mentions something about blood parasites in Geese.

http://www.alaskapublic.org/2012/04/...rious-illness/

3rd link doesn't mention Fukushima or radiation and says : "so far, the field scientists have found hair loss on nine of the 33 bears they’ve captured. The bears have skin lesions on their head, neck and ears. Degange says they have found polar bears with similar symptoms since 1999, but the number of effected bears makes this year unusual"

1999 is long before Fukushima so from that I would say the cause is something else.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...in-polar-bears

4th link doesn't say anything about Fukushima or radiation and says much the same as the other 3 links.

So what can we conclude ? We can say that animals are getting sick with lesions and stuff and the cause is unknown. We also know that it's been going on since before the Fukushima incident. Points to an environmental issue but most likely nothing to do with Fukushima.

I also found this : http://enenews.com/diseased-seals-ab...t-6-photos-map

It was linked at the bottom of 1 of the links the OP gave. It says they are being tested for radiation but it doesn't say they have found any abnormal levels and it also gives some symptoms etc:

These appear to be ulcerated lesions with secondary infections”
    “Opportunistic yeast and fungi and bacteria have invaded”
    “Our analysis is not completed”
    “It could be an environmental factor or more than one disease”
    “We are screening for 18 recognized pathogens, but all the lab results have come back negative“
    “We think defects in the skin are allowing pathogens to migrate into the animals”
    “Bacteria are becoming blood borne and localizing to the liver“
    “Causing white spots on the liver, hepatitis and fluid in the lungs“

No confirmation of any link to Fukushima.

The US is a very long way from Japan.. Obama is most likely correct. If it could reach the US it could reach half the other countries in the world and none of them are saying anything either.

Just sounds like typical babble from the blogosphere and youtube to me.
    Last edited by Paulosio; 2014-01-04 at 10:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    Until i start glowing or growing random limbs I'm not rally concerned >.<
    That's what most people think. Then 15 years later they have cancer and wonder why.

10+ Year Old Account
    theliving ocean .net/2012 /03 /fukushima- radiation- moving-in -seawater. html

trying to break the url up bear with me here.

It also has a nice little video for you guys to watch!!
    That's just a moving block of colour. No scale. Is that 10 Sieverts or 10 microsieverts? That's all well and good but on top of that you need to consider what level is required to affect the environment, and then what levell is large enough that it would affect the food chain. That picture in itself tells us nothing relevant.