Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    No, not really.
    Have to agree

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Protagenic View Post
    Hi guys, I've been playing the WoW trial eagerly anticipating the day I buy it but at level 20 you can only do so much and the game is so incredibly repetitive.
    Does it get better?
    End game is a rabbit hole you won't see coming if you're completely in the dark. Prepare yourself, the journey to the end of the leveling ladder is just your training period.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

It's letting me buy WoW for $10 at the moment so good idea.
    Is it a long time to reach level cap?
    It's a fair amount of time, but if you always log out your character at inns (gives you a temporary exp bonus, turns exp bar blue) and put the time in, then you can grind through it. Dungeons are a good way to level quick I find, but first time through the game I'd take your time, take in the sights and appreciate the zones, learn your class etc. You will be levelled and geared up by the time the next expansion is out, at which time you can boost another character to 90 right away.

Sounds like I might not buy in after all :/ (Wasn't planning to buy MoP)
    I wouldn't recommend purchasing anything unless you intend to follow through until end level. You'd be stuck at level 60, 70, 80 or 85 (depending on what expansions you buy) with nothing to do. You could aim for achievements at that point, but a lot of those are repetitive (and boring) tasks (grinding reputation by grinding dungeons or dailies).

Most people play at max level and the only way you're going to see all the content designed for your level (if you are below level cap) is by tagging along in a group of level 90s (or 100s with next expansion). Most old content can be soloed now anyway, so you'd struggle to find someone to boost you through them.
    There are guilds that do old content at their intended level, but there aren't a lot of them around (and getting in one as a new player would be difficult).

Four years ago I would have said it gets much better. Now? I can't say that it does.

I'd say four or five years ago yeah it got better, but after Cata and the mess of an expansion pandaland was, no it isn't anymore. I hold out hope that WoD will restore fun to the game but I really doubt it.

For me it got fun from trial and onward, and has been for the 6 years that I've been playing. I don't remember at all feeling bored with the leveling process, but then again I had never played an mmo before I tried WoW. Played many since then though, and none has been able to stand a chance against my number 1 game.

You can't have others tell you if a game is fun or not, since that's an entirely subjective thing and as you can see, a lot of people in this thread say "No, the fun isn't there" as if it was a fact. The only fact here is that some people enjoy the game, others do not (and the people who don't enjoy it are often very keen on bashing the game they don't enjoy for some reason).

You have to decide for yourself which camp you are in and that is best done by trying it out. If you are bored already, then maybe that's a sign that WoW isn't for you.
    Last edited by Queen of Hamsters; 2014-01-05 at 11:17 PM.

https://us.battle.net/account/manage...yment/pay.html is this trust worthy?
    $10 battle chest
    Btw I'm playing mage panda in the trial and hoping to go warlock when I buy the game.
    Last edited by Protagenic; 2014-01-05 at 11:18 PM.

Not for 70 more levels.. It improves at 90..

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, you've got a fair bit of features to look out for (in a good way):
    -Flying mounts
    -Tiers 2 to 6 talents & more (fun) abilities to use
    -More, rewarding dungeons
    -Raids
    -Arena
    -Soloing content you couldn't do before
    -More zones to discover
    -Transmogrifictation

So yeah, I'd say WoW does get fun post trial. Levels 1 to 20 have always been relatively boring, at least since cataclysm.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    The game is on the downslope of the bell curve in the development cycle. If it hasn't captured your imagination by now there's better games to play.
    Um...facts to back this subjective statement up?

Only confirming what I wrote in my initial reply.

Worth $10 and one month of sub?

Worth $10 and one month of sub?
    That's also something only you can decide for yourself.

To me it's worth that and more. I have 3 active accounts, all upgraded to MoP. To others WoW isn't worth a look.

If going purely by value in money and relative to other hobbies, then I'd say the monthly sub is a very low price for the amount of gameplay you can get.

It's very simple logic tbh, ignore a lot of the 'detailed' comments have said above and ask yourself, "Did I enjoy the first 20 levels?" if the answer is yes ofc it is worth $10, unless you are leveling at the speed of a ninja even if you get to next xpac level and dont like it you have had your $10 worth.
    If the answer is no btw, then again, obvious answer to your question
    Keeping everyone happy is impossible.

Don't listen to these guys. The revamp to the 1-60 questing zones has made them amazing to level through. If you do end up buying the game, enjoy every single level. You never get to experience your first time leveling again, and Azeroth is a beautiful place to explore. 60-70 is a bit of a slump because the content is very outdated but you go through it in a matter of hours. 70-80 is also somewhat slow but the scenery is gorgeous (I recommend Grizzly Hills when you hit 73). 80-85 is incredibly quick and you probably won't even notice it, as it goes by so fast. 85-90 is an amazing experience the first time, and again Pandaria is beautiful. That covers the leveling experience (not including the dozens of dungeons in between all those levels).
    Once you reach level cap an entire new game begins. You can do heroic dungeons, scenarios, Timeless Isle, professions, Looking for Raid to get geared up for end game raids. You can partake in random battlegrounds, arenas, and Rated battlegrounds for PvP gear, mounts, titles, bragging rights, or just plain fun. You can explore the world and get achievements for endless amounts of things such pet battles (ie. Pokemon with gym leaders and everything), faction reputations, collectible gear to customize, fun items, mounts, world PvP (if on a PvP server), rare monster hunting, and on and on. You can also devote yourself to being an Auction House fiend and acting your Wall Street dreams by making it big you'll just need to be a proper farmer first.
    Long story short, WoW is a world and it will continue to be fun if you want it to be fun.

Quote Originally Posted by bt4 View Post
    Just go on PTR and test playing a lvl 90. Early leveling is about the worst part of the game. There is a reason after all that many risk their accounts with botting just to skip the leveling phase.
    You can't go on the PTR with a trial account, you need atleast 3 months of game time to have PTR available.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW is all about what is at the Max Level, you will see the odd snarky reponse or what they consider an opinion. But pass by it as they didn't put in a reason why they feel that way. (They are very noticable). But their are some people who actually put in a good reason why though.

Like Level 60 / 70 / 80 / 85 / 90 All have their own kind of content, but that content becomes out of date as time goes on & everyone moves over to the new content.
    To really experience WoW to the fulliest you need to be their when the content is current content or you don't get the full experience. like someone in the thread said leveling is like the tutorial to what is to come, but it will take hours, weeks or even months of work & effort to get to where some people are, The best time to start WoW is at the beginning of an expansion that way you start at the same point as everyone else.

Like some people say give it a try & if you don't like it, you atleast tried.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Wow is pretty much based around max level content, there's very few things to do at lower levels.
    Exactly. And funny enough, when they rewamped the zones in Cataclysm, they unfortunately made many of them more boring and repetitive then ever before and made it feel like it's a linear experience on rails.

That said OP, before you decide, if you're Horde go do Silverpine and Azshara, if you're Alliance do Darkshore and Westfall. Then decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Herazim View Post
    You can't go on the PTR with a trial account, you need atleast 3 months of game time to have PTR available.
    My account is currently inactive and I can log onto the ptr just fine; I just logged on to be sure. Are you sure about this?

If the OP doesn't like repetition I am not sure WoW is the right game for him.

The first 20 levels and especially the new panda starter area is probably one of the least repetitious parts of the game. Leveling in general is far less repetitious than end game. Really it depends on what activities you like, how much time you can put in, how many friends you play with, etc... Despite there being so many levels it really doesn't take long to hit max, they have sped everything up so much that it goes by in a blink. If you can afford 30 days I would definitely recommend taking a look at end game, before you make up your mind as it is quite different from the leveling experience. Whether you enjoy it more or less will depend on your play style. But once again if repetition isn't your thing, not sure it is the game for you.