Page 1 of 20
... LastLast

Report: Christie Aides Snarl Traffic In Political Revenge

http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/08/politi...html?hpt=hp_t1

TLDR: Apparently last fall a few aides for Chris Christie (New Jersey governor) closed access lanes to the George Washington Bridge in Fort Lee after the mayor didn't endorse Christie's reelection, and now some email's have surfaced that show these aides communicating the plan / execution of it. Christie claims not to know anything of it, and still insists it was due to an incompetent traffic study even despite these emails.

Christie is my favorite Republican, but he has often come off and somewhat hard-handed. This, however, would cross a serious line if he were involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    This was a pretty big story locally a few months back, I'm surprised it took this long for word to get out. Of course he was involved.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear the 'I didn't know" defense works pretty well.

Of course he had a hand in it. How stupid are they though to communicate it via email though.
    Quote Originally Posted by nôrps View Post
    I just think you retards are starting to get ridiculous with your childish language.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naxere View Post
    How stupid are they though to communicate it via email though.
    Email works great for this, as long as you can arrange for it to be "accidentally" erased (preferably as part of an "upgrade" to give plausible deniability) and the backups "misfiled".
    Last edited by Masark; 2014-01-08 at 09:17 PM.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Hopefully Christie was not stupid enough to write it down like this moron did. If so he is screwed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Off topic, but using the internet without Adblock sure is fun. I now have a Chris Christie and a Jeep ad banner showing on my page. It's almost as if I am being targeted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Off topic, but using the internet without Adblock sure is fun.
    If one considers "gaping malware vectors" fun.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

10+ Year Old Account
    That sucks, I've spoken highly of the guy and now regret it. This is why supporting a politician is a mistake. Support the policy, but don't hinge your bets on the guys pushing it...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Payday View Post
    Off topic, but using the internet without Adblock sure is fun. I now have a Chris Christie and a Jeep ad banner showing on my page. It's almost as if I am being targeted.
    It explains why Chris Christy has been popping up in 'vote if you agree with him' ads instead of just Obama... 2 out of 3 sports news pages I visit, will have those ads...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

This incident is just the smoking gun, really. He's had a reputation as a thug for a long time. I remember hearing about incidents he was involved in before he was elected governor, and I'm not even from the area.

It always felt like the media whitewashed incidents involving Christie because he was such a contrast to other Republicans, in that he would reach across the aisle to compromise with Democrats whenever it suited his career. Such irony that this road closure was a retaliation against a Democrat who refused to endorse him. How bipartisan!

The NY Times did a great summary of his behaviors a couple of weeks ago. Not a pretty picture.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

This story has been hilarious for a while now.

This is definitely BIGGER than Benghazi. I mean I hope there are serious investigations and of course Christie can never be elected President now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily nobody was seriously injured while this happened otherwise someone would've died due to the jam. It's kind of irresponsible to shift the blame to his aides and the Democrats when he's at least partly responsible though.

This doesn't really change my view of Christie, though. I'm not sure if he was behind this or not. Regardless, most of his positions are terrible in my opinion and the best that can be said about him is that he is willing to work in concert with the other corporate shills to fuck us over, even if they have a D next to their name.
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    If one considers "gaping malware vectors" fun.
    This, but I'm sure he means "because I'm on my locked down phone". Browsing without adblock on a desktop is ludicrous.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreatOak View Post
    Luckily nobody was seriously injured while this happened otherwise someone would've died due to the jam. It's kind of irresponsible to shift the blame to his aides and the Democrats when he's at least partly responsible though.

This doesn't really change my view of Christie, though. I'm not sure if he was behind this or not. Regardless, most of his positions are terrible in my opinion and the best that can be said about him is that he is willing to work in concert with the other corporate shills to fuck us over, even if they have a D next to their name.
    A woman did die trying to get to a hospital.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    A woman did die trying to get to a hospital.
    Well then...

Chris Christie is a self-serving, dishonest piece of shit - I don't know why that would be news to anyone. Hopefully this will end any talk of him being a Presidential candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Politicians are self-serving, dishonest pieces of shit - I don't know why that would be news to anyone.
    Fixed that for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    Chris Christie is a self-serving, dishonest piece of shit - I don't know why that would be news to anyone. Hopefully this will end any talk of him being a Presidential candidate.
    If only we were so lucky

Unfortunately for us the media narrative of Christie vs. Clinton must be upheld

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    Some are worse than others. Christie is worse. Dude wasted millions to win reelection with a slightly more massive margin rather than run with a popular dem down ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by lawow74 View Post
    Fixed that for you.
    While often true, it's a bullshit copout that excuses horrible behavior in a "lol what are you gonna do though?" sort of manner. Fuck that. Treating virulent corruption as no big deal does make it worse.