Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Uneducated people are much easier to control rather than educated ones.
    I'm not sure if it's a desire to control or fear of change. Education leads to development which leads to scary, uncertain times; especially in this day and age when countries seem to be going through (what we thought of as) the agricultural, industrial and information revolutions almost simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    I can't comprehend why they would be targetting a school in the first place.
    Because the idea of terrorism is hurting people to get recognized, getting the media to talk endlessly about how your actions were made in the name of "Insert name of terrorist group here".
    Harming innocents, children, babies and puppies gets the highest media coverage-to-difficulty ratio (Of course, hitting a government building or a police station would get a lot of coverage too, but it would be much more difficult to do).

Also, blowing yourself up in a school to kill the children of your supposed enemies instantly grants you 72 virgins in the afterlife.

Quote Originally Posted by Valort View Post
    Also, blowing yourself up in a school to kill the children of your supposed enemies instantly grants you 72 virgins in the afterlife.
    Yeah talk about being brainwashed, if there is a heaven and hell i think your ending up in hell for blowing up children but they are to stupid to know that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    When the alternatives are diplomacy or allowing the cycle of bloodshed to continue and worsen indefinitely; at some point you have to give diplomacy a try.
    They have made it clear that they will accept nothing less than complete submission to Islamic law. Unless we're ready to consider that an option, we have nothing to discuss with these savages.

You're acting as though Al Qaeda is operated by moderate and rational men, rather than the heartless fanatics they really are.

Deleted
    A true hero indeed , there are just no words for the retarded terrorists...... if id have one wish really that one wish i would just put all those terrorists and extremists on nova Zembla and just throw a tsar bomb upon them.

Oh dont feel bad for them they get thier 72 Virgins right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Too bad the heroes like this guy tend to end up dead very fast.

He's an example to a lot of people, but will sadly be forgotten again next week when two worthless, oxygen stealing, reality TV stars announce they are getting married.
    Not sure why you want me to think about this kid for the rest of my life. Theres nothing more I can do that respect what he did and move on. Heroes die every day...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Not sure why you want me to think about this kid for the rest of my life. Theres nothing more I can do that respect what he did and move on. Heroes die every day...
    That's not what I said, I said that he will be too quickly made irrelevant by events that are completely unworthy of any media coverage at all.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess it's true. Only the good die young.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to have misinterpreted my comment.

"I can't comprehend" in general English usage, at least in Britain, is used to convey that it is beyond my understanding as to why anyone would want to do it, not that I don't understand why they would do it.

The pitfalls of an international forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    People seem to have misinterpreted my comment.

"I can't comprehend" in general English usage, at least in Britain, is used to convey that it is beyond my understanding as to why anyone would want to do it, not that I don't understand why they would do it.

The pitfalls of an international forum.
    See, when I read your comment, it wasn't the 'comprehend' part that threw me off, but the fact that, to me, it seemed like you were baffled that they would attack a school as opposed to something else.

Which is an issue with not being able to hear how you're saying it. People don't think about it much, but English is very reliant on putting emphasis on specific words to change the meaning of sentences :L

10+ Year Old Account
    I hope this story is highlighted on the mainstream news networks for a couple of days

He deserves to be remembered
    In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

15+ Year Old Account
    What I want to know is why they believe the suicide bomber was targetting the school. He might just have been traveling by it to get to the target location. All it says is the student confronted the suicide bomber who then blew the vest. If he wasn't contronted he might have gone by to some other location and left them alone. Of course his action still saved others from dying from it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    What I want to know is why they believe the suicide bomber was targetting the school. He might just have been traveling by it to get to the target location. All it says is the student confronted the suicide bomber who then blew the vest. If he wasn't contronted he might have gone by to some other location and left them alone. Of course his action still saved others from dying from it.
    Suicide bombers frequently attack schools. It's a soft target, it's undefended, and it's existence goes against their ideology.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    See, when I read your comment, it wasn't the 'comprehend' part that threw me off, but the fact that, to me, it seemed like you were baffled that they would attack a school as opposed to something else.
    That's kind of the point. From my mindset, a school is not a legitimate target.

Which is an issue with not being able to hear how you're saying it. People don't think about it much, but English is very reliant on putting emphasis on specific words to change the meaning of sentences :L
    I must learn to dumb it down "ZOMG wtf is wrong with u that u consider attacking a school?!".

Deleted
    An example to others. Stories like this are what define courage - a true tragedy he died.

If only everybody who considers themselves "brave/badass/hardcore" in the world could learn from this.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of the point. From my mindset, a school is not a legitimate target.
    Well, you should be proud then. You're not a Muslim extremist.

I can't comprehend why they would be targetting a school in the first place.
    Everyone knows the best way to get your point across is killing innocent children.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war. - George Santayana
    Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. - George Santayana

Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    Because they're honorless cowards who only attack the defenseless.
    Because what's going on everywhere has anything to do with honor. Good joke.
    Anyways brave guy - I hope his peers will honor his sacrifice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Yeah, I'm sure he was just walking through the school to get to his destination.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    That's not what I said, I said that he will be too quickly made irrelevant by events that are completely unworthy of any media coverage at all.
    Who are you to say what is worth media attention and what is not? I'l forget his name within the next 2 hours, the world won't change over this. Stop being overdramatic.