Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Booshman View Post
    Coincidentally I got yelled at for wearing a cartoon MLK shirt at the gun range, by a few confederate flag wearing hicks. So I know what's it's like to encounter idiots.
    Quite honestly with this job it's not rare to get assholes, today was just more intense than most. I once got yelled at by a guy because he was "wrapping presents" around Christmas time. Like seriously, how the hell am I supposed to know that and why did you answer your phone if you were so "busy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    You have to say what they screamed and what you said or it won't work.
    Oh, they accused me of being a militant or some such nonsense. And then said that "MLK didn't want white people to be like kinfolk with non-white people", when they saw my girlfriend. To which I asked "Did you sleep through history class?"
    Last edited by Booshman; 2014-06-20 at 08:27 PM.

By lamenting the loss of a great leader whose voice for change and tolerance is sorely needed in today's world of divisive extremism and sensationalistic attention-grabs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork Pinkie View Post
    Working and getting Holiday Pay. Not bad, not bad at all.
    Hmm, I wonder if I got holiday pay today.

Probably not, my employer sucks.
    Putin khuliyo

Got a day off school to work all day on HW. Hurray.

Went to work and after that worked out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looked for a job and didn't think about the man at all.

I bought skin whitening cream so I would be more attractive.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had some chicken and watched basketball most of the day.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I want to say this * is right to the point and raise some eyebrow in the end *

He help the civil right movement * for all people * but after his death is legacy live on but somewhere between the line those teaching were distorted and twisted and he would be embarrasses that his teaching was use in this manner and also how african american are acting today !

And i came across a few article * and just read it *
    http://www.chicagonow.com/your-doubt...black-america/ * this was 2013 *

This week we celebrated the birth of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. on the same day Barack Obama was inaugurated. Martin Luther King would be proud. Not only had the nation elected a black man president, but we re-elected him.

King would be happy with the steps our nation has taken. More blacks have opportunities to succeed. Blacks who have received an education have been able to translate that education into opportunities for themselves and their families. There is a vibrant black middle class that mirrors the American middle class. We work hard to give our children a good place to live, a quality education and opportunities to succeed as adults. We save for retirement. We stress about taxes. We are looking for opportunities to take the next step in our careers and life.

Although there is more work to do– we are underrepresented in corporate America for example– the blood spilled by Dr. King, Medgar Evers, and thousands of others in the 50's and 60's has given my generation the opportunity to get a quality education, have a career and buy a home in any neighborhood we can afford to live in. The opportunity to do these three basic things didn’t exist for blacks when Dr. King walked with us.

So even with the opportunities fought for two generations ago, Dr. King would not be happy if he were here. If he were alive today, he’d be downright upset.

Chicago had 506 homicides last year. The majority of those deaths were on the south and west sides, where blacks gunned down other blacks.

There has been criticism of Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Police Superintendent Garry McCarthy for their failure to be able to stem the violence. But blaming the mayor and the police is utterly ridiculous. Unless Emanuel and McCarthy leave their homes every weekend and shoot black children on the south and west sides, placing blame on them– rather than the shooter– will just allow the problem to get worse.

Part of the problem is us: Black America. Our leaders (with notable exceptions, like Pastor Corey Brooks and educator Tim King) have been silent too long and now we’re in a position where violence in our neighborhoods is worse than Afghanistan.

In his 2008 book, What Would Martin Say?, Clarence B. Jones spoke about issues facing Black America and gave his take on what his old friend and mentor, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., would say about those ills. With respect to Black leadership, Jones wrote:

At a time when the nation’s streets are black killing fields– with blacks killing blacks by the dozens every week for no rational reason– the leadership appears concerned only with what might get hem on television; and apparently twenty more gangstas shot down last Saturday night is just another dog-bites-man, old-news story unworthy of mention. If America’s black leadership truly had black America’s best interests in mind, that’s the issue the leaders would address.

Jones is right– our “leadership” must address the constant killing in our community. How come when two football rivals in DuPage County meet for a big game, the play on the field gets news, but when two basketball rivals go at it in Chicago, the shooting death of a Black teenager gets attention? Why are our children are bringing guns to basketball games? Who is parenting these kids?

I imagine Martin Luther King and the thousands of others who fought to get us rights to do basic things– like eating a meal at the same counter as a white man, being able to sit in the front of a bus or having the ability to get a quality education-- would be pissed if they knew that their struggle and their sacrifice has not only led to genocide in our neighborhoods but Black “leaders” lack of accountability for that genocide.

Why are our children killing our children? What did we do wrong? What is our responsibility for the violence?

These are the questions we need to sit down and discuss. But to do so, we must look in the mirror. Our we parenting our children? We can’t have a conversation about our kids dying in the street without discussion whether we have done something to put them there. Until we decide to parent our children and try to guide them to a better place in life– through preaching and more importantly through example– unfortunately, we will continue to see body counts rise on the south and west sides of Chicago.

This isn’t what Martin Luther King fought for. Why aren’t we fighting harder to stop it?

I celebrate it by enjoying my day off from class. That and looking forward to national (popcorn) chicken day - http://www.foodbeat.com/food-news/so...pcorn-chicken/.
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

I worked. Looked up how old he was when he died while I was at work. Went home. Masturbated. Slept.
    "It's clear this is another bash Apple thread. Such things are not conducive to a good discussion."

WRONG! Those are the BEST discussions!

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    And i want to add this * i despised there people * because they blame namely other race and govt system other and not themselves and that there thinking you own US for a thousand years of slavery if we can get from decent of plantation owner we get from the govt

And that why so many on welfare and govt free program that there thinking and the funny thing about is that i seen in Queens,NY and In Buffalo NY and there is nothing wrong with them and that is there thinking !

- - - Updated - - -

Sometimes i wish there was a TV show * for all lazy and stupid people * called

HERE YOUR 15 MIN AND EMBARRASS YOURSELF !

and you know what they would go on and don't care because they in there little mind * were entitle to it *

i can respect he freed the slaves and all but what am i gonna do about it?i wasn't even born when he was lol

My 4 year old got out of the pediatric ICU on Friday from complications of pneumonia, which my 1 year old and girlfriend also have, so I took care of the family and thanked God for a day off not spent in the hospital.

Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    i can respect he freed the slaves and all but what am i gonna do about it?i wasn't even born when he was lol
    He what?

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    He what?
    That whole post is mind numbing.

watched cartoons like a boss
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    I played WOW and went about my business like I do every day with the exception of being able to go into my local bank or government facilities (VA to be precise).

i didn't celebrate it. i took a look at what is considered culture for blacks in america, and thought "i wonder what he'd think of this."

i don't know if he'd appreciate rap and the mindset it instills in the young. i admittedly don't know enough about the man to know what he'd think of it, i'd hope he'd be displeased with it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PeggBundy View Post
    i can respect he freed the slaves and all...
    This is Martin Luther King Jr...

This isn't...