Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Eh, that just sounds like Stormwind Part 2. Still annoyed that they destroyed the park.
    what happened to Stormwind?

Eh, that just sounds like Stormwind Part 2. Still annoyed that they destroyed the park.
    They'd have fixed it in no time, but they couldn't find a mason...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    what happened to Stormwind?
    The Shattering remade the world. Orgrimmar got tougher, metal walls, spikes. Stormwind got it's park smashed and some statues knocked around.

I haven't checked since Cataclysm, I assume it's the same, there's a giant fiery crater where the park used to be, collapsed walls, etc.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

15+ Year Old Account
    This thing all things devours;
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel;
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats mountain down.

First thing I thought of.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    The Shattering remade the world. Orgrimmar got tougher, metal walls, spikes. Stormwind got it's park smashed and some statues knocked around.
    Ah I see. I quit at the end of wrath of the lich king. I played now and then when they send me the 7 day free week (think they coincide those when there is a huge patch or something) but never went to stormwind or orgrimmar.

I haven't checked since Cataclysm, I assume it's the same, there's a giant fiery crater where the park used to be, collapsed walls, etc.
    I believe they changed it last patch, but am not positive. (At least the front approach, not sure about the park.)

If these last few patches are anything like the current one that's live, there will be absolutely nothing epic about it. Just more of the same old "meh". And good riddance to this piece of trash that the LS has been for the past year. They need to move on to bigger and BETTER things. I'm pretty sure most people can at least agree on that. Like actual expansion-style content. And not this temporary, shallow, and uneventful garbage we've gotten so far.

I really think not having an expansion at this point is going to end up biting them in the ass. I certainly expected a lot more from a purely business perspective with two big MMO launches in spring and then supposedly WoD this year. I don't see LS retaining players, especially ones who are antsy for new non-temporary content that's more robust than everything they've put out in the last year combined.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

I really think not having an expansion at this point is going to end up biting them in the ass. I certainly expected a lot more from a purely business perspective with two big MMO launches in spring and then supposedly WoD this year. I don't see LS retaining players, especially ones who are antsy for new non-temporary content that's more robust than everything they've put out in the last year combined.
    Agreed. If Anet doesn't release an expansion or at least expansion-styled content (in a decent amount) in 2014, I see GW2 dying off. There will be a small niche audience that sticks around sure, but there are just way to many things coming down the pipe for people to stay and torture themselves with GW2.

All I'm saying is.....GW1 kept me entertained for YEARS. GW2 only managed about 5-6 solid months. And just about everyone I know that played was the exact same way. That says a lot about the direction Anet went with their game.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    This thing all things devours;
    Birds, beasts, trees, flowers;
    Gnaws iron, bites steel;
    Grinds hard stones to meal;
    Slays king, ruins town,
    And beats mountain down.

First thing I thought of.
    Lol, awesome

TIME!

Anywho I'm curious why people think if LA was destroyed people would just hand out in DR instead? I personally would spend my time in Hoelbrak rather than Dr just because I like the look of it better. Also humans are gross

I prefer Hoelbrak to DR as well. While I appreciate some of the look in Divinity's Reach, especially the center garden, I find it to be typical fantasy.

I'll take the Black Citadel out of all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Lol, awesome

TIME!

Anywho I'm curious why people think if LA was destroyed people would just hand out in DR instead? I personally would spend my time in Hoelbrak rather than Dr just because I like the look of it better. Also humans are gross
    People prefer DR more because it's aesthetically more pleasing to them than what most of the other capitals are. That and the setup of the city itself with the bank, BLTC, crafters, etc is better than the other cities. Especially if you have access to the Queen's Pavilion area with all the crafters/portals. Hoelbrak is a pain in the ass to run back and forth between certain npcs.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    I'll take the Black Citadel out of all of them.
    I always get hopelessly lost in Black Citadel... but it does look cool

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    People prefer DR more because it's aesthetically more pleasing to them than what most of the other capitals are. That and the setup of the city itself with the bank, BLTC, crafters, etc is better than the other cities. Especially if you have access to the Queen's Pavilion area with all the crafters/portals. Hoelbrak is a pain in the ass to run back and forth between certain npcs.
    Ah true about the locations of NPCs most people use, that makes sense.

Finally read this and it seems like just advertising.

"Nothing is sacred" means one is capable of changing an established paradigm. But that is like not at all what the advertisement is about.

This was like, pointless.

Really, no one for Rata Sum? That would be my choice. The bank, guild bank, and TP are all right next to each other and the crafting stations are nearby as well. Even the Grove is more conveniently set up than most of the other cities, Hoelbrak being the worst of the bunch.

Speaking of the Grove, that would be one of the few things that would shock me, if they kill the Pale Tree.

Deleted
    Black Citadel is where I did my crafting. Well, there & WvWs.
    Whilst the tp isn`t in the same area, one quick wp away & back, the bank/gbank & all crafting tables are & are also a lot tidier the lags arch.

I'd probably pick Rata Sum!

Black Citadel isn't too bad once you get all the waypoints and stuff, but can be a bit confusing. Divinitys Reach is close to Queensdale train, but otherwise meh.

Deleted
    Well with introduction of EotM I think that they meant that zone.

Remember Scarlet's words in video?