Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by hordeslayer View Post
    this one is different than the other threads Ive made.
    Actually it's not. They all boil down to "mana was better," so it's all the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Mana was a terrible system anyways. All you did was spam skills until you went oom, Viper for 20 seconds back to full mana while tanking your damage, then repeating until the boss was dead.
    ^ Was true until you reached Heroic ICC Gear, you didn't need AotV anymore at that point because of the amount of intellect you got and JoW was % based return.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    We aren't supposed to be magical. Arcane magic that we use with Arcane Shot is a relic and even got a response by Celestalon on Twitter that it's on the chopping block. Expect to see spec based nonmagical filler shots when the beta hits.

The only "magic" we'll have left is our ice based traps as Snake Trap and Explosive Trap fall under the resourceful survivalist category making traps and improvised explosives out of your surroundings. And if they really wanted to, they could turn Freezing Trap into Bear Trap, Ice Trap into Oil or Tar Trap, and Black Arrow into Noxious Arrow and have the same effect but fit the direction they're going with the class.

Beast Mastery even is a spiritual connection to the beasts, not a magical one.
    I'd love to see Blizzard do crap like this. BM needs to be 100% physical tailored around pet abilities, MM needs to be 100% physical based around ranged abilities, and SV needs to be elemental damage/physical damage hybrid.

On a different track, I would love to see more pet interactions between each spec. I honestly doubt it would happen though because blizzard already has trouble balancing specs, and another wild card variable is not something they could really handle.
    Last edited by Bananarez; 2014-01-26 at 10:20 PM.

Rogues can throw dozens of knives that materialise from nowhere, must be a magic class.
    Feral Druids can turn invisible, must be a magic class.

See how you can very easily turn that around to a huge number of abilities from non-mana users.
    Look hard enough and you can pick fault with anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Focus is magic - you focus yourself to summon the magical arrows. No mana needed to create magic.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh look everyone it's Hordeslayer again with another very constructive thread (insert sarcasm)

When are you gonna give up dude, you are not gonna get your mana back - it's a step backwards, a closed chapter and an outdebated topic.
    If you want it back so badly I suggest a private server with vanilla/tbc wow.

they are not magic class.

they use physical attacks empowered with elemental damage

flame arrows
    explosive arrows
    venum
    arcane arrow is technicly a secret arrow or hidden arrow

nothing magical about it

focus make perfect sense, you cant focus for long and you need to regain it
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Death Knights use Runic Power, they're so not casting spells.

10+ Year Old Account
    @OP: Please, stop. I read some post from this thread that all you do is post about "Mana being better". That is literally all you do and you have no solid proof that Mana is better. One thread, you said something along the lines of not needed to manage focus, so the mana management factor was gone. Yet, in another post, you said something like mana management seperates the good from the bad. Please, make up your mind if you're going to make an arguement.

Focus is much, much better for PVE. No need to get a 50% damage reduction to regain the mana that you used in doing your job correctly.

With your logic, Warriors should have magic because of Hamstring, Rogues should have mana because of their weapon poisons and stealth and Cat form should have mana because of prowl.

Mana would be fun for some time, but trust me, nostalgia is doing a lot of your thinking process. Sometimes I'd be saying that Mana is better, simply because of nostalgia in WOTLK. But I know that it's nostalgia and it wouldn't be better.
    Last edited by Bassch; 2014-01-26 at 10:19 PM.

Their shots and traps are magic? Pretty sure I can shoot an arrow with a bomb on it and call it an explosive shot. Arcane shot? The arrow is magic, not me. Black arrow? Magic arrow, not me. Cobra shot? A poisoned arrow.

You're looking at focus wrong. Focus requires a set number for each ability. Using Cobra Shot aims (cast time) and thus refocuses you. Using your other abilities requires varying degrees of focus; IE: attaching fiery bombs to your arrow, drawing the poisoned arrow, drawing a magical arrow.

Also, hunters have had focus for three years. Go play on a private server where hunters have mana and have a TON of fun leveling one. It's really fun to send in your pet and shoot off an arcane shot or three and being completely out of mana. At least with focus you can use abilities while leveling, making that portion of the game significantly more fun.

Using enchanted arrows is no different than a warrior using enchanted weapons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Answer me this, why do you honestly... honestly, want mana back?

I mean, to regen our mana we had to aspect dance and we suffered a damage penalty for it. So instead of just spamming cobra/steady to build back up focus you'd rather blow out all your mana on instant shots and then take a damage reduction until your mana builds back up... you constantly feel like you're fighting to gain back your mana bar... do you remember those days? did you raid back then?

The only reason we were monsters on the charts was because we stacked armor pen like it's nobody's business. that's gone. we'd do terrible now.

If you want a magical class, play a magical class. personally i don't see a hunter who makes traps, bandage his animal companion/perform cpr, shoots a gun, has ammo that can explode or poison the enemy as magical. Even if you do-- this is a game where you really dont have to be logical as others have stated...

"man this game makes no sense because i dont have my MANA BAR" ... ...really? Hunters/Marksmen require great focus and attention to perform special shots or aim well, a focus bar makes sense.

Can a mod please delete this thread? you know as well as us that the OP's posts are useless with his "mana is better" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorched2Black View Post
    Answer me this, why do you honestly... honestly, want mana back?

I mean, to regen our mana we had to aspect dance and we suffered a damage penalty for it. So instead of just spamming cobra/steady to build back up focus you'd rather blow out all your mana on instant shots and then take a damage reduction until your mana builds back up... you constantly feel like you're fighting to gain back your mana bar... do you remember those days? did you raid back then?

The only reason we were monsters on the charts was because we stacked armor pen like it's nobody's business. that's gone. we'd do terrible now.

If you want a magical class, play a magical class. personally i don't see a hunter who makes traps, bandage his animal companion/perform cpr, shoots a gun, has ammo that can explode or poison the enemy as magical. Even if you do-- this is a game where you really dont have to be logical as others have stated...

"man this game makes no sense because i dont have my MANA BAR" ... ...really? Hunters/Marksmen require great focus and attention to perform special shots or aim well, a focus bar makes sense.
    Remember how in BC people barely used hawk? The damage increase of aspect dancing was negligible at best. And what was blizzard's solution? Nerf viper in wrath to force people to use Hawk instead of fixing the mana regen problems.

Their shots and traps are powered by magic, they shoot magical projectiles or explosions which is powered by magic. ( arcane shot, explosive shot, cobra shot, black arrow, all magic in lore) eve their traps are powered by magic. they do it on their own. Concussive Shot, serpent sting, scatter shot, are powered by magic. meaning it takes mana to power those things. hunters are a magic based class because they use magic to power their shots on their own. same with mend and reviving pets also magic. bandaging up your pets while they are getting hack and slashed makes no sense it can only be magic. So it makes sense that they use mana over focus. using focus doesn't make it feel like a hunter but an ADHD fanatic that's having a hard time managing his focus over his enemies,

Hunter: GUYS GUYS I GOT THIS ONE gonna kill that monk!!!

Hunter: CRAP IM ALMOST OUT OF FOCUS ALREADY!!!11

(runs out of focus, chases butterfly)

Hunter: uh, so what were we doing again?

(gets killed)

And of course mana Is a lot better than focus in game, but that's saved for another discussion.
    Guys, kick Hordeslayer. He's an awful hunter. The logs show he hasn't once cast steady shot or cobra shot.
    Is this where the header goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mystile View Post
    Their shots and traps are magic? Pretty sure I can shoot an arrow with a bomb on it and call it an explosive shot.
    or a mana bomb strapped to it using their own magic to makes mana bombs in preparation for battle. magic. that's how I see explosive shot anyways being it a magical projectile.
    Last edited by want my Slimjim; 2014-01-26 at 10:29 PM.

More to the point, their shots are powered by magic in lore in order to excuse their use of mana as a resource. Which was simply because vanilla WoW had a very limited resource system.

Personally I think they should replace or rename Arcane Shot and that would be the last vestiges of "magic Hunters" gone. But it's probably too iconic.

P.S. Hunter mana was garbage, stop asking for it back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hayro1 View Post
    Can a mod please delete this thread? you know as well as us that the OP's posts are useless with his "mana is better" crap.
    this isn't about "mana is better" its about how lore shows that it doesn't make sense over mana.

10+ Year Old Account
    Enough with your mana QQ threads. Get over it. Hunters will never have mana again it doesn't and won't make sense.

Their shots and traps are powered by magic, they shoot magical projectiles or explosions which is powered by magic. ( arcane shot, explosive shot, cobra shot, black arrow, all magic in lore) eve their traps are powered by magic. they do it on their own. Concussive Shot, serpent sting, scatter shot, are powered by magic.
    explosive shot: even it's icon is dynamite wrapped around an arrow. if dynamite is magic to you you idk.
    cobra shot: throwing a snake isnt really magic. could be from a magical source so 50/50
    Black arrow: based on The Black Arrows in the hobbit most likely, is just a large metal serrated arrow.
    none of the traps are inherently magic. explosives, chemical burns, dry ice, snakes in a cage.
    concussive shot: is a blunt arrow. they have them at walmart.
    serpent sting: poisoned arrow.
    scatter shot: really? it's a shotgun shell...

Arcane and possibly cobra are the only "magic" shots.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.