Deleted

Fury video, perhaps I can get some tips?

Hello, I'm looking for some tips for Fury. I'm competitive in my raids and I don't believe I need my dps 'fixed', but I do often wonder if there are things that I could be doing better, which there probably is, so I made a video. It's better than writing down what I do, but it's not better than a log, which I'll try to provide later.

The reason I wanted to make this thread is because sometimes I feel like I cannot keep up with a rogue in my group. He's 570, and I'm 573. I was informed his cooldowns last longer than mine, which explains why I drop off in the opener much quicker than him, but I feel like I need to play very well and not make a single mistake to keep up. Problem is, I believe I'm doing everything I can. I joined a flex with a Lock (same ilvl as me) in my guild and while I did beat him on dps on IJ, I felt I should have pulled in front even more as it was, after all, a fight that Fury is good on and the Lock did take a few bombs.

Here's the video. I think I could have used HS a bit more out of CS, and I didn't use HL as it's a bit awkward on target dummy's, but I think it's a good video for showing how I deal with things, so here you go.

Opener: BS > Charge > BT > CD'S > CS >
    In CS: RB > BT > SB > RB
    Outside CS: BT on CD. RB if CS is not coming off CD. WS if Bloodsurge/nothing else to do. HS if rage capping. (I also use it if I have DR up or bloodsurge as I can afford to use more rage)

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...arithus/simple

Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-01-27 at 01:57 PM.

Deleted
    For your opener i'd recommend swapping a BT with br, making it cs>rb>rb>br(no gcd)>sb>rb

Deleted
    Where is the shattering throw ?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yo Sarithus, kinda off topic, what happened to your first forum account?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jackazzem View Post
    Where is the shattering throw ?
    I'm not in a raid group and it doesn't benefit me much at all since CS is ignoring 100% anyway. Should I be using it after the first CS? I didn't read that anywhere on the guide, but I might have missed it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Yo Sarithus, kinda off topic, what happened to your first forum account?
    Still got it, just wanted a fresh start. Nice to have a clean account. Thanks for bringing that up though, even though I wasn't hiding it. ;P
    Last edited by mmoc842017c00d; 2014-01-27 at 05:15 PM.

The biggest thing is that you don't have a 3RB opener, which means that u need to get 2 rb before going into cs so u can br and get the 3rd. Meaning that after the first BT you either have to fill that 4,5 seconds with something or take a chance and pop reck and then hope ur CS crits for the 2nd. At 50,88% raidbuffed I always get that CS crit (knock on wood - please dont kill me RNG gods!). So my opener is usually:

- Charge
    - BT
    - Skull Banner
    - DR (this is just bad old habit, you'd probably get more out of using it after CS in case ur trinkets are slow to proc)
    - Reck
    - CS
    - RB
    - SB
    - BR
    - RB
    - RB

If CS doesn't crit you can always use BT again before SB to make sure enrage is up for it.

I'm sleepy and didn't really look through the entire video, but it's something!

Deleted
    Anymore suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Juni View Post
    The biggest thing is that you don't have a 3RB opener, which means that u need to get 2 rb before going into cs so u can br and get the 3rd. Meaning that after the first BT you either have to fill that 4,5 seconds with something or take a chance and pop reck and then hope ur CS crits for the 2nd. At 50,88% raidbuffed I always get that CS crit (knock on wood - please dont kill me RNG gods!). So my opener is usually:

- Charge
    - BT
    - Skull Banner
    - DR (this is just bad old habit, you'd probably get more out of using it after CS in case ur trinkets are slow to proc)
    - Reck
    - CS
    - RB
    - SB
    - BR
    - RB
    - RB

If CS doesn't crit you can always use BT again before SB to make sure enrage is up for it.

I'm sleepy and didn't really look through the entire video, but it's something!

hmm this is certainly something I've missed. Do you want to try and do this every time BR is up? I think I may need more crit to do this outside of the opener. I'm at about 35% crit unbuffed.
    Last edited by Stevenash; 2014-01-28 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Quote
    How-To Video's for Hunter solo'ing

http://www.youtube.com/user/DIsteevnash

Quote Originally Posted by Stevenash View Post
    hmm this is certainly something I've missed. Do you want to try and do this every time BR is up? I think I may need more crit to do this outside of the opener. I'm at about 35% crit unbuffed.
    Ye, chances are CS wont crit if that's all you've got, so personally I would just save BR to ensure 2 RBs in a CS. But to answer your question: Yes, I generally try to do this every time BR is off cd, there's not a lot of other stuff to spend it on for me these days. But to get a 3RB without Reck up you need to go into CS with 2 RBs ready just to be safe.

Deleted
    Hey fellow rage junkies, I'm curious to know what addon Sarithus is using for the trinket cooldown tracking in his video. Since coming back to the game recently that's the exact thing I've been missing from my UI .

*edit - Found it*
    Last edited by mmoc37b9728c9f; 2014-01-29 at 01:05 AM.

Deleted
    Hey I have a few questions and I don't mean to hijack your thread, but I thought I'd ask here instead of making my own thread cos I don't have any logs etc. I'm quite new to Fury, been playing arms and prot til I recently got the gear for it. (Cloak and at least 30% unbuffed crit)

Outside of CS I sometimes feel like there's too many time were I have nothing to press, in those situations what should I use? heroic throw? a random wild strike? heroic strike? I also feel like sometimes I use heroic strike too much outside of CS and run out of rage too fast.

I've read the guide here and random ones on Youtube etc, but I feel like for my gear I'm underperforming. I do around 200-220k dps depending on the fight (220k would be on malkarok.) I was practising my rotation on a training dummy for about 5 mins and with only battle shout I had about 180k dps (and I didn't use any cooldowns other than BR)

(http //eu.battle (.)net/wow/en/character/tarren-mill/Vecayse/advanced

that's my armoury any tips you guys can give me would be great, also I don't have the two set bonus yet cos I was mainly playing prot til recently. Is it a big deal? Is it a significant increase in dps?
    Last edited by mmoc18b5086be1; 2014-01-29 at 12:08 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    @Kookies, That's ExtraCD showing the ICD of the trinkets
    Armory
    Haste only feels good to classes that truly benefit from it though. Can it be +Amp instead? Anything else really.
    "Classes that truly benefit from Haste" means... Everyone except Warriors. (And we're going to fix that.)

Deleted
    After posting here I had a good browse through some of addon's available from curse and eventually found it. Thanks for your reply anyway Allacess.

10+ Year Old Account
    whats that rage mod called ? its really sweet
    thanks in advance

My opening rotation w/ DR: BT --> Filler (RB most of the times) --> DR (SBanner + Synapse Springs) --> BT (Reck) --> CS --> RB (BR)--> SB --> RB --> RB

Without DR: BT --> WS --> WS --> BT (Reck + SBanner + Synapse Springs) --> CS --> SB --> RB (BR) --> RB --> RB

Just use the 3RB on opener, otherwise you run the risk of being unenraged for quite some time.
    Last edited by Nihe; 2014-02-06 at 11:57 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like a WA string. I just use SlamandAwe for my rage bar.

Deleted
    Thank you for 3 RB opener tip.

Is there anything else I could be doing? My main problem at the minute is that very soon after my first CS drops off, I lose a lot of dps. I just feel like I hit like a wet noodle when it's not up. The rogue in my group has a lower ilvl than me, I'm usually top on opening burst for 1 or 2 seconds, but I end up below the rogue a few GCD's after CS.

Rogue CDs last longer while warriors are pretty much balanced around CS damage, that's how it is.