Page 24 of 44 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    So you don't believe that practice makes perfect? You're an elitist for that.
    It is standing fact that some are less adept at things then others.

No elitism, plain fact.

I have no idea what you mean by worked hard. I've had every single class maxed every single expansion, I would not call it hard work at all.

So you don't believe that practice makes perfect? You're an elitist for that.
    If practice makes perfect, why can't people avoid fire? The game has been available since 2006, if you haven't learned how to avoid fire yet then you won't learn anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    I have no idea what you mean by worked hard. I've had every single class maxed every single expansion, I would not call it hard work at all.
    You didn't class having every single class maxed in Vanilla/TBC as hard work? Right. Unless you're only including RaFing during TBC, in which case I take it all back.

Sure, compared to old-school MMOs it's a walk in the part, but it's still weeks upon weeks of consecutive grinding. Which, in today's terms, is bloody hard work, seeing as how you can get full epics while AFKing in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Doorsfan View Post
    You would have developed skill at licking paint. It would hold no relevance to you actually being skilled at doing it at any point of time prior to doing it A LOT.

Beyond this - This is built on the assumption of actually learning anything.

Throwing a definition at something doesn't create an argument.
    Yeah, but to say someone doesn't learn anything from doing it over and over is being ignorant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adamzz View Post
    If practice makes perfect, why can't people avoid fire? The game has been available since 2006, if you haven't learned how to avoid fire yet then you won't learn anything.
    *2004. Some fire is harder to see than others, and can trick you into thinking it's not actually fire.

Yeah, but to say someone doesn't learn anything from doing it over and over is being ignorant.
    Repetition =/= Skill

Deleted
    Or it is plain observation of stated fact. Perhaps even figure of speech, that the person is making so little progress that it is irrelevant.

I repeat - throwing definitions at something does not make arguments.

This is true especially for heroic raiders. They try the bosses over and over again. May take a whole day but eventually the practice helps them learn the fight to a T. Some people yes are slower at this, but unless you have actually brain in capabilities. You will learn it without even trying by repetition.

if people don't realize how a class is played by level 20, they likely won't do much better at 90+.

Seriously, it's sad how people still think you need to level a character to figure out the 1-4 ways to make the build work. This is a game, not rocket science or brain surgery... it tells you what to do when you look through the in game menu or if you ask people in game nicely and have a sense motive modifier greater than +2

Or it is plain observation of stated fact. Perhaps even figure of speech, that the person is making so little progress that it is irrelevant.

I repeat - throwing definitions at something does not make arguments.
    Okay, what would you define as progress in something? It sounds to me that you think there are better ways to do things. There isn't. It's all perception. You become skilled at something by doing it. That's the definition of skill. Doing it well is perception.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    if people don't realize how a class is played by level 20, they likely won't do much better at 90+.

Seriously, it's sad how people still think you need to level a character to figure out the 1-4 ways to make the build work. This is a game, not rocket science or brain surgery... it tells you what to do when you look through the in game menu or if you ask people in game nicely and have a sense motive modifier greater than +2
    If at max level you play your class the way you played it at level 20 you suck. The only way to learn to play a class at max level is to play it at max level, the journey to max level does not prepare you in anyway for max level.

Deleted
    Okay, what would you define as progress in something? It sounds to me that you think there are better ways to do things. There isn't. It's all perception. You become skilled at something by doing it. That's the definition of skill. Doing it well is perception.
    Progress is someone developing skill from X standpoint by repetition.

However, X is different from person to person - Rendering each person not equally skilled in all areas, because they are not on equal terms. Some react faster, some think faster, some perceive information faster..

These are facts. I do not like to repeat myself, throwing definitions at something does not create arguments. No amount of semantics invalidates the point i am making, and the flaw of your said argument.

This is why I enjoy leveling a character before end game. You learn the class very well at a good pace. Rather than learning all the abilities at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Constraint View Post
    *2004. Some fire is harder to see than others, and can trick you into thinking it's not actually fire.
    Missclicked 6, was supposed to write 2005, since that is when the game was released in Europe.

That excuse is just bad.. No fire is hard to see.

Yes lets give players another reason and way to be nasty to one another, just what we need! ... nope.

Lets not, you can feel special all to yourself knowing that you levelled up manually rather than paying for a boost. No need to give achievements and segregate people just for levelling.

Progress is someone developing skill from X standpoint by repetition.

However, X is different from person to person - Rendering each person not equally skilled in all areas, because they are not on equal terms. Some react faster, some think faster, some perceive information faster..

These are facts. I do not like to repeat myself, throwing definitions at something does not create arguments. No amount of semantics invalidates the point i am making, and the flaw of your said argument.
    The part in bold is not fact. That is theory.

Why not just have a "Paid To Win" title meta for those players? Then everyone would do it for the title and nobody would give a shit?

The part in bold is not fact. That is not theory.
    Fixed that for you ... you put the 'not' in the wrong place.

It is most definitely fact, as fact as anything in science we know.

The part in bold is not fact. That is theory.
    No, it is fact. If you ever went to school you would know that it is fact.

Now I highly doubt you went to school but if you did then you most likely had someone in your class that just knew math, didn't matter if they did their homework or not, they would always get the best grades. Same applies to all classes, for example when I were in school I could learn programming much much faster than anyone else in my class, while they sat in class and had to get help from the teacher all the time I completed my programming assignment in under an hour depending on the assignment.