Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sargior View Post
    OP. This is your interpretation of what a legendary should be and feel like. Blizz interpretation is clearly what they wanted to achieve making the legendary accessible to everyone who put the effort in making sure people who deserve it don't miss out.

I actually rarely see it in lfr especially on someone only in lfr gear.

Bottom line. I agree with blizz and I am glad they have done this.
    Exactly. People make out like every single player has it when it fact almost no LFR players have it and not even that many raiders. Only something like 15% of players have it.
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    how the hell is an expansion long quest chain blocked by RNG, waiting a few weeks for VP, and a few solo scenarios=easy?

anyway too bad. WoD will have another legendary like that and a bonus legendary which has yet to be given details outside of extremely rare
    Yes, that's pretty much very very easy. RNG is a Bitch, but then again, RNG is what determines your Epic Drops and any other kind of loot for a lot of the Time in WoW, right?!
    IT IS EASY. Back then it - too - was easy to get. If there hadn't been like 1% Chances and a real level of Progression from Raid Tier to Raid Tier, thus from Legendary to Legendary. Some people haven't seen the Shackles from MC in 9-10 Years now. Going into Looking for worhtless Scrubs to hope for a - what - much higher chance than 1%? Where's the Challenge. Ofc it had been an Expansion long grind. But on the way there you already have been given a lot of decent upgrades and items, right? You didn't work for the Cloak an expansion long. If you had the 600 cloak done way before. Everything that happened was you made it Legendary and gave it a Procc.

What I'm trying to say is: It's too easy. Legendary's have never been these things that you need to do a whole lot for. You just needed to have a bit of luck and you were forced to actually RAID. Now it's just get Quest, queue up, do it for some weeks and there you go. You have a totally worhtless, dumb Legendary that is so overpowered - it's not even equal to the little effort it took you. Everything it literally took a lot of people out there, was to get the fuck into LFR and wait for Drops that at some point even had at least 1 dropping each week.

And I guess that's the point with Legendary's. They aren't all too powerful. They aren't all to easy to get. They are fucking hard to get because of next to zero Chances and you need to at least do some of the more challenging content in the Game. They could even go ahead and give Gladiators a Legendary Weapon each season. It's only a hand full of Players that do a whole fucking lot for it.

It's PARTIALLY what ACES said. It's a color. But one you should rarely see on useful items. And it isn't made for everyone. That's why there'll be a Raiding-exclusive Legendary in WoD, next to one that has no value at all.

Back then there had been some epic weapons that had been more powerful than the big Orange Maces and one handers. In WotLK Legendary's actually had a lot of use for once and had been the perfect mix of a grind, luck and usefulness, while still not being seen on every character that has hardly done anything but 5 mans and Badge-farming.

The cloak just doesn't deserve to be Legendary. For me it's just a bug that the color is Orange. It's a welfare Epic for everyone. Have a nice Procc, so you can do the one thing you actually can already do a little bit better: AoE 5 man trash and their easier equivalent's = LFR Bosses that regardless of Legendaries being involved, have been nerfed into the Abyss.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    I remember when I got my Legendary entirely from LFR. No Flex (it wasn't invented yet), no Normals, just pure half-AFK LFR. I even got it before plenty of so-called raiders because they had terrible RNG. It was an amazing feeling to see all their rage and claim that it wasn't a 'real' Legendary. Just mad, really. I earned it the same as them so I enjoyed it. I most certainly did more than some Rogue that turned up to BT and got handed Warglaives. I don't see why Legendaries shouldn't continue to be available in LFR. Why is a Legendary that I can't get going to be better for me than one I can? It doesn't encourage me to get it, it just makes me think it's pointless.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

10+ Year Old Account
    You know people have been calling them easy to get for awhile now yet for the life of me I can not seem to get my hands on one no matter how ambitious I am...
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    You know people have been calling them easy to get for awhile now yet for the life of me I can not seem to get my hands on one no matter how ambitious I am...
    ironic isnt it?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

The past legendaries were by no means hard, hate to break it to you. If you have bosses on farm back then it was just a matter of time... other legendaries well... matter of luck involved as well. Are you suffering from special snowflake syndrome?

Hell I'd rather do raids with my guild then to suffer through LFR so if anyone did it purely through LFR I reckon they deserve then damn cloak. Seems to me you're just a bit upset there's no 'real raiders' reward for 'real raiding'. Again if you clear heroics every week with a good guild, you're probably not going to care about 'casuals' getting it. If you're a 'casual' you won't care either, seems to be the middle of the crop that does the most useless complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkvoltinx View Post
    how the hell is an expansion long quest chain blocked by RNG, waiting a few weeks for VP, and a few solo scenarios=easy?

anyway too bad. WoD will have another legendary like that and a bonus legendary which has yet to be given details outside of extremely rare
    Did you ever do anything above LFR level difficulty? Anything that required class knowledge?

I know warlocks who have their legendaries and full flex/LFR gear and still can't get green fire because they're bad

Deleted
    yes legendary where a WHOLE GUILD worked for ONE GUY to get a legendary was AWSOME......NOT!!!!
    mops way for legendarys is the best ever.

A legendary item is just and item with a orange name. It doesn't mean its hard to get, it just means its harder to get than a purple item.

Deleted
    I kinda feel like laughing my ass off, but it actually somewhat sad. So - Warglaives had been very very easy - and drama ohhhh. May I actually tell you what that is? It's the fact that everyone wants some but can't get over not actually being able to get them. The difficulty wasn't actually getting them. The difficulty was how rare they have been. And the fact that you had to kill an actual RAID Boss, not some toned down versions of like half the Instance Bosses. You actually had to do a lot more than just half-afking LFR. And loot drama? If that's really the reason Blizzard went with it, it's some people's own fault that maybe Blizzard went this way (Cloak times). You don't drama over loot. It's either deserved or not. I still remember how every fucking other Warrior was hating on me for getting the first Shadowmourne in our guild. Sometimes people can't get over the fact that someone else deserves something more than they do. Like some classes never actually got over the fact that they have never had a Legendary until point x in time. Loot Drama's are guild problem's. And if you have them I don't consider you an actual GUILD. Or even actual Raiders - doing it for Challenge and Reward. The Hard component to Legendarys have never been their Droprate. It was the way to the Bosses who had something you NEED for the Legendary. Or the Legendary itself. There is no challenge in LFR or RNG. The only Challenge that could be done for Legendaries is actual Raid Progress - OR hard solo Scenarios. But the scenarios you had to do for the Cloak had been jokes. Some may actually disagree, but I doubt their reasons would actually help them against that argument. Now with WoD, again we'll have 2 - One like the Cloak, one more exclusive. I'd actually say our discussion is somewhat pointless. This would have one thinking that everyone should be good right now. There's something exclusive and something everyfuck can have. But I would actually dare to say that the "easier" to achieve Legendary could actually be considered a Legendary, if it was tied to like not LFR, but Flex(Normal) Raiding or a series of hard Solo Scenarios you actually need to Progress through, rather than outgearing them. Think: Current Legendary Scenarions, little bit of a difficulty raise and a iLvL decrease buff to the base 5 man iLvL like in CM's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes legendary where a WHOLE GUILD worked for ONE GUY to get a legendary was AWSOME......NOT!!!!
    mops way for legendarys is the best ever.
    I guess you never actually got one handed to you by your guild then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bonsaii View Post
    Did you ever do anything above LFR level difficulty? Anything that required class knowledge?

I know warlocks who have their legendaries and full flex/LFR gear and still can't get green fire because they're bad
    Check his Arsenal link. He never did.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Erikc View Post
    The past legendaries were by no means hard, hate to break it to you. If you have bosses on farm back then it was just a matter of time... other legendaries well... matter of luck involved as well. Are you suffering from special snowflake syndrome?

Hell I'd rather do raids with my guild then to suffer through LFR so if anyone did it purely through LFR I reckon they deserve then damn cloak. Seems to me you're just a bit upset there's no 'real raiders' reward for 'real raiding'. Again if you clear heroics every week with a good guild, you're probably not going to care about 'casuals' getting it. If you're a 'casual' you won't care either, seems to be the middle of the crop that does the most useless complaining.
    Yeah. But back then not everyone was able to get said bosses on farm. Our Guild still has a proud Atiesh owner. How often did you actually see a Legendary back then? Not too much. I'm talking REAL Legendarys. Not Sulfuras, god so BAD

There is no way possible for blizzard to make it hard. Even if it was a .1% drop chance on triple extra overtime heroic hardcode hard mode people would still bitch it was too easy since it just drops for someone.
    ^^Everything said above is purely the opinion of the person who posted it. Nothing said is to be taken as fact unless otherwise stated, and even then only taken into consideration as fact, and not an actual fact, as it could be wrong or in other ways misinformed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Well of course regarding the title "legendary" it still needs to take long to obtain.

But it should be actually hard, not just grinding for the win. Not like the last boss of the green warlock fire quest, read a guide -> done
    The thing is, many people still couldn't do it, until they massively outgeared it, even with "reading guides". And the thing is, if you don't want to spoil the challenge for yourself, you certainly don't have to turn to outside sources if you don't want to. The sad fact of the matter is, there's NOTHING challenging about the Legendary cloak. It's just a long, long, long "grind". It's not really a grind though, since you're just doing instances, but the fact that you can only do each instance one per week puts the "long, long, long" in the expression.

I don't see a problem with any of the former models for legendary acquisition. Thunderfury, rare raid bindings drop, at first "difficult" content, same with Hand of Rag. Atiesh, absurdly difficult content, collecting boss drops. Warglaives, rare raid drop from the poster boss of the expansion. Thori'dal, rare raid drop from the final boss of the expansion. Val'anyr, collecting from (mainly) heroic bosses, then killing the final boss of the tier. Shadowmourne, collecting from the final raid, questing on latter bosses. Shards dropped much more frequently on Heroic. Dragonwrath, very similar. Fangs of the Father - unique, interesting and moderately challenging questline, very detailed and in-depth, incorporating solo scenarios and raid acquisition.

Then in comes the legendary cloak. No benefit to doing the raids on harder difficulties. No reward for clearing the bosses earlier on normal or even heroic. Just a constant grind on any difficulty. The only remotely challenging aspect was defeating the aspects or whatever they are, but that was nerfed fairly quickly anyway.

Pathetic excuse for legendary if you ask me.

Yes please, keep the grind in it but make there be some kind of really difficult quest at the end of all of it, it's just a joke that people can get it from 'only' LFR. Besides, with the amount of downtime between patches and the time you actually finish the quest, everyone should be able to complete it, even if it is really hard.

Seriously, I just lose my drive to play most RNGs nowadays. Everything is designed so that absolutely everybody can get absolutely everything and it just doesn't seem worth the effort anymore. I can raid heroic mode and get a legendary cloak, or I can raid LFR and get a legendary cloak; I can raid heroic mode for more gear which i only have TO RAID HEROIC MODE - I can't use it ANYWHERE else in the game except open world pvp (which is retarded, my gear shouldn't be good for wpvp). Having heroic gear gives me zero benefit outside of the raid, it's as beneficial as LFR gear, even t14 gear.

They've made a few nice changes though, mounts etc only dropping from heroic mode, bloody dancing steel for pvp and all that - But this legendary problem still bugs me. I don't mind the grind being doable in LFR, that's FINE. It should take time and people shouldn't be able to get it instantly with a little bit of luck/skill; Having said that, there seriously needs to be parts of it that are challenging.

-Expansion launches
    -Start legendary quest to grind rep/stones of awesome from raid etc
    -Complete quests - Proceed onto the final part of the tiers legendary quest and kill super hard l33t boss and scale stats etc to make it fair. can increase the item level it's scaled to later on in the expansion.
    -Next tier launches, repeat process, and then once more for the final tier.

Something like that, you have the whole downtime between patches to get it done and if you're a heroic raider then it's not going to hurt your progress because you're hopefully a good enough player to get it down. If it takes LFR players or whatever longer then it doesn't matter because you don't even really need it; And hell, if you get it faster then you can truly show us that you're raiding LFR purely because you lack the time and not because you lack the skill level for harder modes.
    Last edited by DechCJC; 2014-01-29 at 01:40 AM.

What was exactly "difficult" about the previous legendaries? They were nothing but RNG timesinks just like the cloak is now. If you think RNG is indicative of difficulty or skill, then I have to facepalm hard at you.

Quote Originally Posted by ACES View Post
    "Legendary" is an item color. That's it. It doesn't have to feel a certain way or be sufficiently difficult to acquire. It's name has to be orange. That's it.
    Then you should go read up on the definition of legendary. And shadowmourne and tarecs were legendary because you and your guild has to participate to get them.
    And don't get me started on how rare it is for legendaries to drop in vanilla

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    I remember when I got my Legendary entirely from LFR. No Flex (it wasn't invented yet), no Normals, just pure half-AFK LFR. I even got it before plenty of so-called raiders because they had terrible RNG. It was an amazing feeling to see all their rage and claim that it wasn't a 'real' Legendary. Just mad, really. I earned it the same as them so I enjoyed it. I most certainly did more than some Rogue that turned up to BT and got handed Warglaives. I don't see why Legendaries shouldn't continue to be available in LFR. Why is a Legendary that I can't get going to be better for me than one I can? It doesn't encourage me to get it, it just makes me think it's pointless.

I'm sorry, but you are scum.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-01-29 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    What was exactly "difficult" about the previous legendaries? They were nothing but RNG timesinks just like the cloak is now. If you think RNG is indicative of difficulty or skill, then I have to facepalm hard at you.
    Very dense of you. Firstly, they were not found on LFR, they were found from raids, often on the hardest difficulty. End of story.

Quote Originally Posted by PaladinBash View Post
    This is the exact reason that legendaries shouldn't be communal.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    Well of course regarding the title "legendary" it still needs to take long to obtain.

But it should be actually hard, not just grinding for the win. Not like the last boss of the green warlock fire quest, read a guide -> done
    If you play World of Warcraft, you do not know what "hard" means. Nothing in WoW is difficult or remotely hard, except getting people to work together and learn things. Every boss fight, including Heroics, are simply, easy fights. But the rate at which people learn is what makes them appear to be difficult.

Everyone who says the current legendary is hard: By your logic, a quest that requires you to do a daily quest chain that requires you to do nothing but talk to the quest giver (pick up, immediately turn in), but needs to be done 365 times before you finish the chain, would be the hardest quest chain ever implemented because it would require more time than any other quest chain.

Time required does not equate to difficulty. The current legendary is absurdly easy, but very time consuming. (Also annoying because it makes playing an alt competitively almost impossible, unless you've been gearing said alt alongside your main the entire expansion, but that's another topic.)

I don't mind the legendary being more accessible, and I like the idea of having both the accessible legendary and a more difficult more exclusive legendary (which is the direction they're considering going for WoD), but I'm not fond of the fact that it means you have to balance class performance around the possession of the legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Yes please, keep the grind in it but make there be some kind of really difficult quest at the end of all of it, it's just a joke that people can get it from 'only' LFR. Besides, with the amount of downtime between patches and the time you actually finish the quest, everyone should be able to complete it, even if it is really hard.

Seriously, I just lose my drive to play most RNGs nowadays. Everything is designed so that absolutely everybody can get absolutely everything and it just doesn't seem worth the effort anymore. I can raid heroic mode and get a legendary cloak, or I can raid LFR and get a legendary cloak; I can raid heroic mode for more gear which i only have TO RAID HEROIC MODE - I can't use it ANYWHERE else in the game except open world pvp (which is retarded, my gear shouldn't be good for wpvp). Having heroic gear gives me zero benefit outside of the raid, it's as beneficial as LFR gear, even t14 gear.

They've made a few nice changes though, mounts etc only dropping from heroic mode, bloody dancing steel for pvp and all that - But this legendary problem still bugs me. I don't mind the grind being doable in LFR, that's FINE. It should take time and people shouldn't be able to get it instantly with a little bit of luck/skill; Having said that, there seriously needs to be parts of it that are challenging.

-Expansion launches
    -Start legendary quest to grind rep/stones of awesome from raid etc
    -Complete quests - Proceed onto the final part of the tiers legendary quest and kill super hard l33t boss and scale stats etc to make it fair. can increase the item level it's scaled to later on in the expansion.
    -Next tier launches, repeat process, and then once more for the final tier.

Something like that, you have the whole downtime between patches to get it done and if you're a heroic raider then it's not going to hurt your progress because you're hopefully a good enough player to get it down. If it takes LFR players or whatever longer then it doesn't matter because you don't even really need it; And hell, if you get it faster then you can truly show us that you're raiding LFR purely because you lack the time and not because you lack the skill level for harder modes.
    It's snowing in Georgia and I'm agreeing with ZypherZ on something.

Guys, keep an eye out for the locusts and tornadoes, I think they're the next signs of an impending apocalypse.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!