10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazzorx View Post
    Details, aka patch notes, are useless though. They change on a whim especially during beta.
    General philosophy was already covered at Blizzcon. It's not new information unless they've drastically changed their goals since then. At least with some kind of details we can actually talk about something. I'm well aware things change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flutterguy View Post
    They're just gonna talk philosophy and not details... translation... More rehashed shit we heard at Blizzcon.
    Im sorry but I have to agree with this and the news that the next blog isnt gonna be till the week after as well as how many other blogs there are gonna be, this is as boring as butter.

10+ Year Old Account
    General philosophy was already covered at Blizzcon. It's not new information unless they've drastically changed their goals since then.
    Their Design philosophy in Warlords. There will be new info.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Details, aka patch notes, are useless though. They change on a whim especially during beta.
    Then so is philosophy as that changes, too. Actual details tend to be rather static when the mechanics work. That's why betas exist: to figure out which ones aren't worth keeping.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Their Design philosophy in Warlords. There will be new info.
    Go watch the Blizzcon interviews. They cover the design philosophy quite thoroughly.

We're gonna see the use of "Dynamic" a lot. They're gonna talk about things to do. Garrisons. We already know all this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go watch the Blizzcon interviews. They cover the design philosophy quite thoroughly.

We're gonna see the use of "Dynamic" a lot. They're gonna talk about things to do. Garrisons. We already know all this.
    I already saw it. Look stop regurgitating these negative comments. Wait and fucking see.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Philosophy, philosophy, nothing concrete!

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    From the sounds of things, maybe beta won't be for two weeks
    This series of tweets all but rules out beta for next week. They are not planning to release the second blog until late next week, and we know that the second blog is about healing and health pools - so clearly not a large release of information. He also tweeted (paraphrased) that there is no point releasing class changes/beta notes until beta is imminent. Clearly, beta is not imminent - at least as of late next week.

You then have to wonder about how close to the RoS launch they would really be willing to release beta. I can't see them wanting to do it within 10 days of RoS's launch to avoid competing with their own hype. That almost makes the week of April 7 look like where this is going - especially if they want to line up the beta close to the release date of ESO. If that happens, the implications for release are huge. August would be almost ruled out.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWindWalker View Post
    Then so is philosophy as that changes, too. Actual details tend to be rather static when the mechanics work. That's why betas exist: to figure out which ones aren't worth keeping.
    Philosophies don't change inside an xpac though. Details, aka class abilities and such, fluctuate so much.

For example: The gearing path stays the same throughout the xpac. In MoP it was heroic dungeons->LFR->organized raiding. They told us it will be different this time. How? That's something they can bring up. And that won't change.

You know that hunter talent that lets them play without a pet? No guarantee that talent even makes it through beta.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiberria View Post
    This series of tweets all but rules out beta for next week. They are not planning to release the second blog until late next week, and we know that the second blog is about healing and health pools - so clearly not a large release of information. He also tweeted (paraphrased) that there is no point releasing class changes/beta notes until beta is imminent. Clearly, beta is not imminent - at least as of late next week.

You then have to wonder about how close to the RoS launch they would really be willing to release beta. I can't see them wanting to do it within 10 days of RoS's launch to avoid competing with their own hype. That almost makes the week of April 7 look like where this is going - especially if they want to line up the beta close to the release date of ESO. If that happens, the implications for release are huge. August would be almost ruled out.
    I'm pretty sure having beta drop is regardless of when it is. Not even if RoS comes out.

Warrior-Magi

What would the point of lining up beta with ESO release date be when only a few would be able to play beta...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    It sounds to me like they're getting the information out as soon as they can
    No they arent. As soon as they can would be give it all to us tonight. They already have 33 pages written they could give us

Hi thread, as per request, I have changed my avatar, have three.... er four lights Picard. Anyway, in terms of hyped I am very excited about the design change with the (NOW CONFIRMED) no Realm Firsts Achievements for Professions or Leveling, should make for some better leveling experiences.

Beta launch doesn't matter for timeline as we saw how far along they are at the press tour thing. That was slightly further or equal to MoP. 6 months from there is August (how long MoP took). And betas can't keep extending in duration as they'd never have a year long beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Xjev View Post
    What would the point of lining up beta with ESO release date be when only a few would be able to play beta...
    The hype. Sure, not that many get in right away, but a large amount of information making people excited would be getting out just as ESO was being released. Especially if they also start pre-orders just before, they would entice people who might otherwise buy ESO to instead re-sub to WoW, pre-order WoD and play their instant 90.

Last time we were told its "a litte info?" We got an entire zone explained to us. If that's what a "little info" is. I love "little info".

Beta launch doesn't matter for timeline as we saw how far along they are at the press tour thing. That was slightly further or equal to MoP. 6 months from there is August (how long MoP took). And betas can't keep extending in duration as they'd never have a year long beta.
    I disagree. In house testing doesn't compare to beta testing; just look at how poorly designed/balanced things they in house test only (i.e. Ra-Den) turn out. We also have no idea how far along MoP was when MoP beta started. They deliberately start with one zone and open others as beta goes along even if other zones are ready, because the idea is to get focused feedback. We also know that even major patches/raid testing takes about 3 months.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. In house testing doesn't compare to beta testing; just look at how poorly designed/balanced things they in house test only (i.e. Ra-Den) turn out. We also have no idea how far along MoP was when MoP beta started. They deliberately start with one zone and open others as beta goes along even if other zones are ready, because the idea is to get focused feedback. We also know that even major patches/raid testing takes about 3 months.
    That was a Heroic Only Encounter in a Content Patch. You can't compare them.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    That was a Heroic Only Encounter in a Content Patch. You can't compare them.
    To add to this.... they have many more people now to help test that sort of thing in house than they did during Ra-den.

Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    No they arent. As soon as they can would be give it all to us tonight. They already have 33 pages written they could give us
    Exactly, just last week Celestalon was teasing that they were planning to release a large info release as a 33 page document very soon. This week, we find out that they aren't doing that and instead are only releasing one small portion of it tonight and then another small portion late next week. What it sounds like is internally they decided to delay beta by a number of weeks (when they originally were going to release it this week or next) and so are going to gradually release info to tide us over.