Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    Nah, they were busy airing soap opera lol
    Yeah, The bold and beautiful was running. Season 987 Episodes 276... Nothing is more important than that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    And with this post i'm not even going to bother anymore.

Censorship..... LOL
    They've censored the Ceremonies from London....... What makes you think this time is any different?
    Well actually, I don't expect much censorship, other than cutting content out to streamline the event. There was nothing going on that doesn't fit US TV regulations..
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

15+ Year Old Account
    I had more fun watching it online than I would/will have on cable; there was a chat room, lol.

The DVR is set to record it, so I may watch/fast-forward through parts of it to see it with a better picture/sound, and to see how NBC packages it for me, I suppose.

They've censored the Ceremonies from London.......
    Did they do anything other than skip the 7/7 memorial in favor of some interview? I don't know if I'd call that censorship, just a symptom of our national narcissism. It's not about America, so our viewers don't care..
    Last edited by Mnevis; 2014-02-07 at 07:41 PM.

See and I am used to TV networks broadcasting such event 24/7... You will never miss out on anything, no matter how your day goes. If you wanna watch it live, just get up and do so, otherwise, it'll re-run later again.
    Has nothing to do with Russia forcing it on us at all..... These events always take place, and always local time is the guideline.
    How was the Super Bowl? Likely not shown or paid much attention to outside the U.S.

I can, and obviously I did... Doesn't change the situation though. Many people cannot, and I believe it's an obligation for a public broadcasting company to broadcast in a timely manner. They've got a lot of heat 2 years ago with the Summer Olympics over it already. But apparently they don't give a shit.
    You believe that others have an OBLIGATION to do what you want them to do? How can you say you support freedom in any sense?

NBC can do whatever the fuck it wants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milch View Post
    How was the Super Bowl? Likely not shown or paid much attention to outside the U.S.
    Was on Sky Network, Live...
    Even though it's only a national event, most of the globe doesn't care about..
    Can hardly compare a national sports event with a global sports event...

10+ Year Old Account
    No....
    European here, and I am used to have international events broadcasted live the moment they happen. It's like that for as long as I can think...
    Time difference has zero to do with it.
    What amuses me however - but then probably not unexpected given we're online here - how many don't seem to grasp how millions of people cannot go online at will. And if they can, it's a difference to watch something in high quality on a TV screen or a computer stream, which is usually less quality.

But well, I guess........ After all, sometimes I might just be too European still, since I won't get used to such castration of information flow...
    What castration of information flow? It's still flowing. It's just doing it a few hours later when people will actually be able to watch it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

The way NBC does the Olympics here is a joke.

It's like they're totally oblivious to the fact we live in a 24/7 global society today, with the internet and streaming and all that jazz.

This archaic tape delay nonsense must end.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanjori View Post
    That isn't really an argument. All events over here get broadcast live, even if they're at 2am. The repeats are then shown at hours that suit people.
    NBC doesnt do that because they want to beef up their ratings in prime time. If people got to watch the games live at 2am they wouldnt tune in again at 9pm to watch the canned version and boost NBC over whatever cop show is on the other channels.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am mad because of the censorship...
    US broadcast will happen in 7 hours from now, and cherry picked censored as the network pleases.. Gotta look a little further than "I don't like the Olympics, I don't care"...
    Anything and everything that goes on outside the US borders is either delayed or extremely censored. That's the point.
    People in the country aren't even aware of it for the most part, how the media networks manipulate the content we get.
    What are they censoring? And editing isn't the same as censorship unless you're editing material in order to prevent people from seeing something.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Was shown live, with two hours of pre-match coverage, and about an hour of post-match analysis after the match. The broadcast started at midnight and ended at 6 am.

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    NBC doesnt do that because they want to beef up their ratings in prime time. If people got to watch the games live at 2am they wouldnt tune in again at 9pm to watch the canned version and boost NBC over whatever cop show is on the other channels.
    It's live somewhere in their technology. May need to start tuning out of local broadcasts soon. The net is not that difficult to come by.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    Was shown live, with two hours of pre-match coverage, and about an hour of post-match analysis after the match. The broadcast started at midnight and ended at 6 am.
    Midnight to 6am is time needed for a good sleep before a long day of work.

No....
    European here, and I am used to have international events broadcasted live the moment they happen. It's like that for as long as I can think...
    Time difference has zero to do with it.
    What amuses me however - but then probably not unexpected given we're online here - how many don't seem to grasp how millions of people cannot go online at will. And if they can, it's a difference to watch something in high quality on a TV screen or a computer stream, which is usually less quality.

But well, I guess........ After all, sometimes I might just be too European still, since I won't get used to such castration of information flow...
    American news media is privately owned. That means that they are free to run their shit however they like.

It completely blows my mind that you believe that another, private individual should be obligated/required to follow your idea of how broadcasting should be done just because it's your idea and you think it sounds good. That sounds like the definition of fascism.

The United States protects the freedom of the press and the freedom of speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    What are they censoring? And editing isn't the same as censorship unless you're editing material in order to prevent people from seeing something.
    I don't know if you are aware.... But they did in fact censor the London Olympics. I'm sure Eric Idle got a laugh out of it, when he learned that NBC censored the lyrics of Always look on the bright side of life.

To on a broader level, to me censorship takes place when I cannot see content uncanned, and not altered in any shape or form.
    Let's say they cutting the today's event down to 90 minutes and in reality it took 120 minutes, then they "censoring" 30 minutes out. And given how here these 90 minutes are getting interrupted with various commercial breaks, there's very little left in the end.
    The people should not have to resort to the internet to get the entire content.

So sick of Olympic censorship already and the mind games NBC continually plays with the American public. Fuck yeah, if you want to see something like the opening ceremony live then you should wake up at 2am to see it, regardless if you have work or not in the morning! I am absolutely sick and tired of things being censored to be shown at a better time when more people can see it, and of course the use of the word "censored" in all this is totally the right word to use. Makes me wonder exactly what kind of diabolical plot NBC is up to? I mean, it's obvious they just don't give a damn and are hoping to piss off sponsors and loyal network viewers just because they can. That is exactly how any kind of business works actually. So yes OP, I am with you! This censorship of not showing something at an inconvenient time is getting out of hand all ready!

It's live somewhere in their technology. May need to start tuning out of local broadcasts soon. The net is not that difficult to come by.

- - - Updated - - -

Midnight to 6am is time needed for a good sleep before a long day of work.
    The point is, it was shown live. If you want to watch it at another time, you are free to record it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anodur View Post
    American news media is privately owned. That means that they are free to run their shit however they like.

It completely blows my mind that you believe that another, private individual should be obligated/required to follow your idea of how broadcasting should be done just because it's your idea and you think it sounds good. That sounds like the definition of fascism.

The United States protects the freedom of the press and the freedom of speech.
    And you believe that media isn't privately owned in Europe? But maybe, the networks there value that the most, that makes them the most money... Viewers.
    No viewers, no advertisement customers.. Get the idea?

Meh, I turned off local broadcasters a while ago. Easier to get it all elsewhere.

From your thread title I thought they had done another "breaking news" interruption from some important issue like the NSA, to a stupid ass celebrity... the Olympics aren't really all that important tbh. But I do agree that our media is complete trash.

I don't have TV, I needs to find a site that is going to stream all the women's curling. Only part of the games I'm interested in watching.