Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Warrior damage in pvp overtuned?

Seeing 70k noncrit (140-150k crit) executes and overall damage seems to be highest ingame right now in pvp/3v3. Recent warrior hotfixes were too much.
    <inactive>

Damn, and you're in great gear too. >_>

Melee this expansion are just.... unreal.

Deleted
    There are tweets about arms getting the nerf bat soon. Warriors can never be as OP as dks, rets, ferals or hunters. When they become as good at pvp, they get the nerf bat.

Deleted
    Mastery has become too good in PvE for arms too. They're definitely going to be toning it down trying to find a suitable middle between how it is now and how it was pre buff.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700616079#8

Quote Originally Posted by Oh snap View Post
    There are tweets about arms getting the nerf bat soon. Warriors can never be as OP as dks, rets, ferals or hunters. When they become as good at pvp, they get the nerf bat.
    Preach!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Oh snap View Post
    Source please.
    <inactive>

I don't think you should use execute as an example of them hitting too hard. That spell is only usable at <20%, and it has a similar concept to kill shot, touch of death, etc. It is meant to punish you when you're at low HP. (unless you are referring to sudden death procs, but that only deals a fraction of the actual damage a real execute would)

And I think their damage is okay at the moment. I still see ferals and DK's putting out insane pressure in comparison (single-target), but since arms go bladestorm--they're naturally higher on the boards (sometimes just from hitting pets and junk). As far as melee go, warriors are on the more balanced side of the spectrum since they actually suffer from roots and slows (*cough* ferals *cough*). What comp are you playing? I can definitely see them as annoying for spriests, so I sympathize. You might be right about their damage being over the top, but I feel as though they're still below other melee when considering their mobility.

Yeah, seriously. Execute barely hits harder than Templar's Verdict of Ret or Feral's finisher - difference being that Execute is usable at <20% HP, and you can use the other finishers whenever the fuck you want, which usually leads you to getting dropped to half HP in 5 seconds. Warriors can't do that. If you want to nerf Warriors, you should nerf Rets, DKs and Ferals into the god damned ground first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, can be used again if it doesn't kill and heals the caster for 15% health on kill, and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT

but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Source please.
    they have said they plan on toning back mastery

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/15700616079#8

but we all know better

arms is going to be nerfed so hard it will be as bad as fury was before they reverted all of the fucking stupid fury nerfs they did during the prepatch because people weren't winning at irrelevant dragons hard enough
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2015-01-22 at 12:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Yeah, seriously. Execute barely hits harder than Templar's Verdict of Ret or Feral's finisher - difference being that Execute is usable at <20% HP, and you can use the other finishers whenever the fuck you want, which usually leads you to getting dropped to half HP in 5 seconds. Warriors can't do that. If you want to nerf Warriors, you should nerf Rets, DKs and Ferals into the god damned ground first.
    That is actually a lie, ferals finisher can crit for 100k with everything proc'ed. rets templars verdict hits for shit and a final verdict is like 30k tops. meanwhile execute hits for 100k plus (non crit) in arena. ive seen it 1 shot an entire monk bubble and then some. execute hit way to hard, even killshots damage is a little over the top, specially when you can double em.

Asking for a Execute nerf means the rest of Arms damage would need to be buffed to compensate in PvE.

Meaning that it would be easier for an Arms Warrior to get you into Execute range in the first place.

Lets see where they could move the damage:

1. MS? Hope you like consistent 70-80k+ MS crits
    2. Rend? Multidotting becomes even stronger
    3. Whirlwind? Stronger cleave and AoE.
    4. Enhanced Rend? Boring but the only option without hilarious side effects.
    Last edited by Jephery; 2015-01-22 at 12:28 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    overall damage seems to be highest ingame right now in pvp
    I don't mind the op executes BUT the overall damage is a problem indeed.

for everyone who doesn't know what's going on:

a WW monk deals 125% of a warrior's base damage (with Tigereye Brew - lasts 15 seconds - 1 to 1.5 minutes recharge time.)
    a WW monk deals 50% of a warrior's base damage (without Tigereye Brew)

this is because the base damage of a warrior is incredibly overtuned.

TL;DR: a warrior doesn't need any cooldowns to put out INSANE damage. This needs to go. I don't even notice when they pop recklessness because the damage is constantly super high.

I'd be in favor of removing infinite rage pvp 4-pc bonus. That thing is just kind of silly now since PvE Warrior damage is balanced around not having it, and having it in PvP makes your damage insane when you're constantly spamming Whirlwind/Wild Strike every gcd.
    Last edited by Jephery; 2015-01-22 at 01:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinnegan View Post
    I don't mind the op executes BUT the overall damage is a problem indeed.

for everyone who doesn't know what's going on:

a WW monk deals 125% of a warrior's base damage (with Tigereye Brew - lasts 15 seconds - 1 to 1.5 minutes recharge time.)
    a WW monk deals 50% of a warrior's base damage (without Tigereye Brew)

this is because the base damage of a warrior is incredibly overtuned.

TL;DR: a warrior doesn't need any cooldowns to put out INSANE damage. This needs to go. I don't even notice when they pop recklessness because the damage is constantly super high.
    That is a reasonable argument, but WW has a lot more mobility and CC than a warrior does. WW damage is pretty poop right now, but you can't expect them to be on equal levels (at least not when there are large differences in utility/mobility/CC/survivability).
    Last edited by Saladfork; 2015-01-22 at 01:03 AM.

Execute is overtuned, the rest of the damage is not that great. You have to just make sure you don't drop below 20%, the Sudden Death executes hit like wet farts.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, can be used again if it doesn't kill and heals the caster for 15% health on kill, and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT

but when a warrior does it, clearly the ability's name is "useless wet noodle piece of shit strike with an exorbitant rage cost that should do the same damage as MS"
    Quote of the year.

The problem with warriors is their mastery is literally DESIGNED to scale out of control. I have said it from day 1 on hearing what it was changed too. Next season with better gear it will go up by another 50% or some non-sense and warriors will be ridiculously too strong. Its just a poorly designed and boring mastery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    I like how when people complain about getting killed by kill shot which can have a 43 yard range, no resource cost, and can be used again if it doesn't kill and everyone says WELL, HEY, YOU KNOW, IT IS CALLED KILL SHOT

Deleted
    Well... Execute is... An execute thing I guess.

Who cares about 150 k execute when you have only 70k life at best below 20% ? That's 80k overkill damage.
    Unless there is some kind of protecting bubble

I'm all for a change from those execute damage to more sustained!

Nothing justifies a 70k noncrit in pvp. Even if it is an execute.
    <inactive>

Justified nerf, there is no reason to have only 80% HP vs warriors...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saladfork View Post
    That is a reasonable argument, but WW has a lot more mobility and CC than a warrior does. WW damage is pretty poop right now, but you can't expect them to be on equal levels (at least not when there are large differences in utility/mobility/CC/survivability).
    I'm sorry but I can't take this seriously.

True, WW monks have more open mobility in the sense of being able to run around more freely, however when it comes to actual up-time and reliable mobility, WW monks are far below warriors. A warrior has a chance to get to someone reliably every 12 seconds with off-GCD slows and Storm Bolt if needed as well as Safeguard (not so reliable, but if used right can be used as a gap closer).

Then comes CC. In terms of individual CC you could say WW monks have more, however when it comes to composition CC WW monks are below that of warriors without a doubt.

Leg Sweep - 45 sec CD - 5 sec stun
    Fists of Fury - 25 sec CD - 4 sec stun - requires melee range and channeling > also main source of damage and can be easily broken/abused.
    Paralyze - 15 sec CD - 4 sec incapacitate - DRs with any meaningful CC such as traps and polymorphs.

Leg Sweep is always used as a means to reliably get our "burst" off.
    Fists of Fury's damage component and "AoE" CC are easily countered.
    Paralyze is unreliable due to WW monks not being able to use Glyph of Paralyze which removes DoTs when Paralyze is used.

Then warriors have:

Shockwave - 40 sec CD - 4 sec stun - CD reduced by 20 seconds when used on 3 or more targets - affected by Anger Management: reduces the CD of listed abilities by 1 sec every 30 rage spent (including Storm Bolt).
    *Storm Bolt - 30 sec CD - 4 sec stun - 30 yard range
    Intimidating Shout - 90 sec CD - 6 sec AoE fear

The huge differences between the CC WW monks have and warriors have is that WW monks rely heavily on our stuns being used on our kill target as a means to RELIABLY get our "burst" off.

Sorry I had to go tryhard here, I just get annoyed by the current state of WW monks and any time someone tries saying anything remotely positive about WW monks or tries to compare them, I just have to 'debunk' that because WW monks are currently the worst melee possible in every. single. aspect.

Oh as a final note. It doesn't matter how much CC or how much mobility we have. If we don't do any meaningful damage when we are actually connected, what's the point of it all? "Yay, I just had to time every single mobility ability I have perfectly and now I do 50% of the damage any other melee does while having put the most effort into actually connecting to my target, yaaaay."
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2015-01-22 at 09:54 AM.