Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    is this even a question? dont get me wrong, there are some funny stereotypes out there. but you have to be supremely ignorant to think you could just group a race of people together and call them the same. im sure as shit not the same as every other Italian out there and id bet money there is some kid in Iraq just like you, with the same hobbies and thoughts.
    The most trusted and reliable mainstream republican website: http://Dailystormer.com

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    ..why else do you think being black means you do a higher sentence for the same crime?
    Ive spoken with a few state prosecutors where im from and they explain it the best ive heard it. Its now about skin color when you vet in the court room. The numbers are skewed to look racial purely due to financial situation. People get less of a sentance if they can afford a good attorney. Its simple as that. If you look at sentencing rates purely on financial standing the numbers are fairly even across the board race wise. It just doesnt lend to the racial profiling idea so the people just harp on raw numbers off race vs looking at the entire situation of the defendents.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Can't even what? Profiling of ALL TYPES occur DAILY by ALL races. Just because profiling against certain skin colors is much more common doesn't mean it's a BAD thing. It just means people are forming opinions based on statistical facts. That's it.
    And once you start doing that, you create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I think all A are criminals.
    /Arrests all A.
    See, all A are criminals.

No.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

Quote Originally Posted by Physicx View Post
    is this even a question? dont get me wrong, there are some funny stereotypes out there. but you have to be supremely ignorant to think you could just group a race of people together and call them the same. im sure as shit not the same as every other Italian out there and id bet money there is some kid in Iraq just like you, with the same hobbies and thoughts.
    Exactly, its not so much race that people make judgements on any more but the way you present yourself. I mean my family is a mixed race family, my parents have adopted two hispanic kids and 3 black kids and we are all pretty much the same. But i still avoid a group of people on the corner if they look like thugs. Hell they could be a youth group assisting the homeless but they way you present yourself says more about you than your skin color. Whats in for style is a choice you make and you should be profiled by it. Its something you can control. If you dont want to be considered a criminal dont dress like whats percieved to be a trouble maker. Dont talk like whats portrayed on tv. People need to worry more about that imo.I

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by belfpala View Post
    And once you start doing that, you create a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I think all A are criminals.
    /Arrests all A.
    See, all A are criminals.

No.
    Sllippery slop effect means nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Sllippery slop effect means nothing
    It wasn't a slippery slope argument at all.

Let's all ride the Gish gallop.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Whenever you have a question about the nature of a race-related practice and its application, I've found it a valuable tool to look at it from the perspective of your own race and what statistics say about you. Say, for example, you happen to be a white, middle-aged male of median income. You have the highest statistical chance of being a sex offender when compared to other races. So how would you react if you spoke to a child, were seen by a nearby police officer, and then detained and questioned about the interaction because you best fit the racial profile of a sex offender?

Your first reaction is all likelihood "this is wrong, it assumes traits about me that are just wrong." You would be right, of course - and the same is true of racial profiling applied to anyone. One's racial characteristics are not predictive of criminal intent, and relying on such statistical data is a lazy and terrible way to go about attempting to punish or predict individual crime.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Trunksee View Post
    Exactly, its not so much race that people make judgements on any more but the way you present yourself. I mean my family is a mixed race family, my parents have adopted two hispanic kids and 3 black kids and we are all pretty much the same. But i still avoid a group of people on the corner if they look like thugs. Hell they could be a youth group assisting the homeless but they way you present yourself says more about you than your skin color. Whats in for style is a choice you make and you should be profiled by it. Its something you can control. If you dont want to be considered a criminal dont dress like whats percieved to be a trouble maker. Dont talk like whats portrayed on tv. People need to worry more about that imo.I
    That's true, I would feel much safer getting into a Cadillac with a group of black guys in suits and ties than a trashy beat up car with a group of asians or white guys dressed like "gangstas".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Because is what is actually being profiled. You aren't profiling someone that appears to be a drug dealer, you're profiling someone because they're black. This presents multiple problems: 1) you're more likely to profile somebody innocent of the target race and 2) you're more likely to overlook offenders of other races.

You can have something that looks wonderful on paper, but be terrible in practice. This is one of those cases.
    Yep, stereotyping is great until someone gets the wrong idea and stereotypes everyone as the same thing regardless of personal background. It breeds racism in the uneducated, its as simple as that.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Rabian View Post
    That's true, I would feel much safer getting into a Cadillac with a group of black guys in suits and ties than a trashy beat up car with a group of asians or white guys dressed like "gangstas".
    Exactly. There are steryotypes of what each group of people are from thugs to the mafia portrayed everyday to us all on TV. Thats also why Breaking Bad was so good, it broke from the steryotypes. Honestly though if you dress like your in a gang thats what people will think. Even if its the hip style. If you know it looks a certain way and thats not you then dont present yourself that way or youll be judged that way.

this entire thread matter at all? I mean in 200 years America will have more mixed people in it then any race..it just wont matter...me personally? im black and german lol..where would you put me exactly? hell I look indian.
    my friend code...

5241-1925-7760 name toasty

up for battles ...after 10/18/2013

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toastythetoasted View Post
    this entire thread matter at all? I mean in 200 years America will have more mixed people in it then any race..it just wont matter...me personally? im black and german lol..where would you put me exactly? hell I look indian.
    You're black.

Yet look Indian?

I'm not seeing it...

No hate crime here I guess. If it were I may racially profile someone.

<link to racist hate site removed>

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2014-02-21 at 04:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Velaniz View Post
    ..why else do you think being black means you do a higher sentence for the same crime?
    This is probably relative to location...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toastythetoasted View Post
    I would put you up against a wall getting searched if you were in the wrong place at the wrong time. That's the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    The fact that you're dismissing the fact that poorer people commit more crimes and the fact that blacks are poorer because of historic circumstances proves to me that you are too ignorant on this topic to actually talk to.

- - - Updated - - -

Most criminals aren't black, so he is factually wrong.
    I'm honestly a little confused. Didn't we talk about in a different thread that there are 3X as many white poor as black poor? So if you are citing "poorness" as the cause of crimes and nothing else, then wouldn't it be safe to say we should have 3X as many white criminals as black criminals?

Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    I'm honestly a little confused. Didn't we talk about in a different thread that there are 3X as many white poor as black poor? So if you are citing "poorness" as the cause of crimes and nothing else, then wouldn't it be safe to say we should have 3X as many white criminals as black criminals?
    Rate and absolute numbers are different.

Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Rate and absolute numbers are different.
    Well, yeah.. what I meant was if there 3:1 white:black poor .. shouldn't there be 3:1 or close to it white to black incarcerations? If being poor is the main problem?

Well, yeah.. what I meant was if there 3:1 white:black poor .. shouldn't there be 3:1 or close to it white to black incarcerations? If being poor is the main problem?
    Only if you assume poverty is the only factor.

Okay, well shouldn't they be close to 3:1 or whatever the ratio is?

People profile everyone around them subconsciously you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. If you have a bad feeling about the people around you in the back of your head or in your "gut" so to speak it's more than likely your subconscious having picked up on several key things.

It's not an exact science, but I can understand why some people actively profile. It's simple fear.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you think, the whole slavery thing is still an issue for the modern black man / woman in lower economic status?

Not an attack, just curious on your viewpoint.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Do you think, the whole slavery thing is still an issue for the modern black man / woman in lower economic status?

Not an attack, just curious on your viewpoint.
    I don't understand your question. I think its pretty clear that the significantly higher poverty rates among african americans is clearly due to hundreds of years of discrimination, sure.

Okay, well shouldn't they be close to 3:1 or whatever the ratio is?
    I see no reason to assume this. Can you provide some links to data?