Poll: ?

Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    The moon is a planet?
    Nope, but you should know a planet or two that's bigger than the Moon.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    So what you're saying is...because you (may) be Swedish (if not, take it as an example) and feel an irrational dislike for an ethnic group or nation (in this case Russia), that other foreigners should go to war to kill and destroy the other foreigners that you don't like?
    Irrational dislike ? Disliking Russia is irrational ?
    Not to mention, asking does not mean getting. If I demand that we go to war for no reason I doubt I'll get anything more than eyes rolling.
    Last edited by mmoc64d0b88c60; 2014-03-02 at 05:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thalian View Post
    How do you feel on this issue?

Note: For the purpose of this poll, westerners are anyone from anglo-North America, NATO or European Union Europe, anglo-Australasia, US-aligned Far East or Israel. Easterners are from non NATO/European Union Europe, or non US-aligned Asia. Third world is Africa or South America.
    Note2: Perhaps some people want to go in and help Russia conquer Ukraine. I don't know. I find this unlikely, but if you think this way; my apologies for not adding it.
    As an American, I think we should absolutely jack shit? Why the hell should we get involved with something that's not going to directly put America in danger? If you want to say "yea but if this, this and that happens it will" then put some defenses there IF you're talking American mainland.

Basically, we have enough shit going on in America that our shithole of a government can't seem to get a handle on, why bother intervening with another country?

BTW, that holds true for ANYTHING from weather events to things like this, to a dictator cutting peoples heads off, etc. If you can't take care of your own countries problems you have ZERO business getting involved in others.

Do nothing. The United States especially has its own share of problems at home that it needs to address and meddling around in the Ukraine isn't going to help things at all, rather it could escalate into something that could have a dire effect on the rest of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Nope, but you should know a planet or two that's bigger than the Moon.
    Only a planet or two?

Anyway thumbs up to Russia, take back your land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing, this is not our battle. We should stop playing "World Police", and forcing our way into other countries affairs. People wonder why we have so many enemies?....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    Nothing, this is not our battle. We should stop playing "World Police", and forcing our way into other countries affairs. People wonder why we have so many enemies?....
    How many nationstates are open enemys of america?

Quote Originally Posted by Trix View Post
    Anyway thumbs up to Russia, take back your land.
    Yes, let's see how that turns out. And it's their land now huh?
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    Then when that doesn't work we throw out the ambassador
    Canada's jumped to this in reverse and pulled our ambassador home "for consultations".

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    Yes, let's see how that turns out. And it's their land now huh?
    Let's see.

Crimea is mostly populated by ethnic Russians. Crimea is traditionally been a part of the Russian Empire, or independent.

Ukraine is an amalgamated country, it's western regions are historically part of Poland. Crimea and eastern Ukraine were either under Russian rule or khanates by invading steppe peoples.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    How many "nationstates" are open enemies of Russia? Diplomacy is a convoluted thing, if you don't believe that the U.S. has undeclared hostility from other parts of the world you may want to start reading some news that doesn't air on network television.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    How many "nationstates" are open enemies of Russia? Diplomacy is a convoluted thing, if you don't believe that the U.S. has undeclared hostility from other parts of the world you may want to start reading some news that doesn't air on network television.
    Shaytân-e Bozorg. Marg bar Amrika!

Just to point out that the meddling in other peoples afairs so far proved effective to prevent any major stuff happening in north america for over 100 years.

The cold war stayed cold for a reason it was solved by meddling instead.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should be more concerned about the ones who aren't open. Like the families of the people America has murdered in mass drone strikes in residential neighborhoods, to get one "bad guy" who "might or not not be there at the time". Or the farmers in the Middle East who lose whole herds of cattle, because American soldiers are bored, so they film themselves tossing grenades at them. The countries we go in to "liberate", and NEVER leave. Or the countries we wage undeclared war against. It doesn't matter if it's a dad who lost his kids by drones, or a farmer who's lost his cattle, an enemy is an enemy. Take Boston for example (regardless of how sketchy is was), and the chaos 2 brothers apparently caused. You're naive if you think just because a Government hasn't declared war on us, that we have nothing to worry about. At least those other countries follow the rules enough to declare war first, before attacking.

Deleted
    You bring the Boston Marathon as an example for a serious loss in global geo-strategic terms?
    You're naive if you think just because a Government hasn't declared war on us, that we have nothing to worry about.
    It means exactly that tell that in the face of a WWII survivor if you can still find one and they can tell you about real losses.

They dont have to bring a criminal homicide to give you examples for what you have to worry about.
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-03-02 at 06:35 AM.

I'm russian and I think that full scale invasion is completely unnecessary, but I'm also going to assume that I dont know the whole picture (and fellow western posters know even less) so I'm going to let Putin do his job and judge by the results.

10+ Year Old Account
    You bring the Boston Marathon as an example for a serious loss in global geo-strategic terms?

It means exactly that tell that in the face of a WWII survivor if you can still find one and they can tell you about real losses.

They dont have to bring a criminal homicide to give you examples for what you have to worry about.
    ...Way to be a selective reader...You're just taking things I've said way out of context...This isn't WW2, and there no reason to be dropping bombs on entire neighborhoods to kill one person. Go to the families of the innocent we've killed in the Middle East, and tell them that they were just collateral damage...See how well that goes for you. Now if the tables were turned, and it was another country dropping bombs int he USA, claiming to "liberate" us, I'm sure you wouldn't be too happy. So stop being such a fucking hypocrite.
    Last edited by Synros; 2014-03-02 at 06:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guilu View Post
    Irrational dislike ? Disliking Russia is irrational ?
    Not to mention, asking does not mean getting. If I demand that we go to war for no reason I doubt I'll get anything more than eyes rolling.
    It is. I've never understand what's the ultimate reason for such massive amount of russophobia among the anglo-saxons.

I actually know of one. Sadly, his mind and body isn't really with it anymore. He can't really speak any more, let alone move much of his body .

OT: I'm personally unsure how to handle the situation. I hope there will be a nonviolent solution to this mess, but I seriously doubt that will happen. Which leads to questioning what is the best course of action for the least amount of lives to be lost? I don't think any of us really know the answer to that. At best we can guess, and take a look at history to try to give us more educated guesses. But they are just that. Guesses for the best possible outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Let's see.

Crimea is mostly populated by ethnic Russians. Crimea is traditionally been a part of the Russian Empire, or independent.

Ukraine is an amalgamated country, it's western regions are historically part of Poland. Crimea and eastern Ukraine were either under Russian rule or khanates by invading steppe peoples.
    Crimea is populated by Russians because the Tartars were removed from the area by Russia.

See how our modern tech works against our old tech? You know what I mean ^_-

I am also advocating for dropping an anvil on Putin's head....
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Crimea is populated by Russians because the Tartars were removed from the area by Russia.
    What do you mean removed? Tatars are still a major ethnical minority in Crimea.