Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Well, now that the game is almost out, I thought I'd breathe some new life in the megathread.

For those that haven't preordered yet, but want to: Green Man Gaming currently has a deal where they sell it for 29.99. Which is bad news for those us that preordered it in March for 43.79... I currently got a request in with them to see if I can get a partial refund, because seriously, why would I not try?

Quote Originally Posted by nzall View Post
    Well, now that the game is almost out, I thought I'd breathe some new life in the megathread.

For those that haven't preordered yet, but want to: Green Man Gaming currently has a deal where they sell it for 29.99. Which is bad news for those us that preordered it in March for 43.79... I currently got a request in with them to see if I can get a partial refund, because seriously, why would I not try?
    Yeah, but were they the same versions? I know there's a "Pro" version out as well.

Either way was going to spend the $25 this week (on various sites), but a friend of mine just bought a new GPU and got it plus Witcher 3. He only wanted Witcher 3 and asked if I wanted it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one playing it? :S

Good lord it doesn't like my gpu, absolutely crippling a 970 even on low>.<

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    No one playing it? :S

Good lord it doesn't like my gpu, absolutely crippling a 970 even on low>.<
    It's broken as fuck on PC in general, apparently. Rocksteady farmed the PC port out to another studio, so now they've got to get them to deliver fixes ASAP.

Glad I decided not to take advantage of any of the cheap preorders and hold off until things stabilized and post-launch sales start : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Bought it on PS4 "just in case" the PC Port wasn't superb (also my rig is starting to show its age and had some issues with Witcher 3). Looking forward to jumping into Gotham tonight after work. When I originally played it, I considered Arkham City to be a perfect 10/10 game, surpassing Akrham Asylum in every way, shape, and form. Really looking forward to seeing what Rocksteady does with this one. =)

This game is superb. Really well executed and fun to play.

Thank god for Steam refunds. The game was unplayable for me.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This game is superb. Really well executed and fun to play.
    I agree with this. The *game* is excellent. The performance on PC leaves much to be desired though. Some people (especially Nvidia users) have had some luck by messing around with the .ini file (to remove the 30fps cap, and to enable graphic options that aren't in the menu). It's VERY clear that the PC version is extremely unfinished at this point, even the graphics options menu is obviously not complete (it has around 1/4 of the options Arkham City and Arkham Origins did).

Performance and graphic issues can be fixed. Bad gameplay is what's much harder to fix. But there isn't any cause for concern here, the game itself is excellent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good thing I didn't pre-order. Still got to finish the Witcher 3, By the time I get Arkham Knight I am sure the problems and bugs on the PC version will be fixed! So I am happy to wait
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Saw a video of the opening sequence. I was surprised that the Sony E3 trailer was the damn intro to the game lol. Got me hyped up that there was something cool going on, but noooo.

The driving looks...not horrible, but compared to the stealthing through rooftops, it feels way different. I guess that's fine but...I don't like change. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's broken as fuck on PC in general, apparently. Rocksteady farmed the PC port out to another studio, so now they've got to get them to deliver fixes ASAP.

Glad I decided not to take advantage of any of the cheap preorders and hold off until things stabilized and post-launch sales start : P
    Yea, I'm glad I got the ps4 version after seeing the mess that the pc port is. There was some shit I read that the textures are lower quality on max then those in xbone/ps4 versions to? How the hell is that even possible. Rocksteady/WB needs to make sure the studio that did that port gets shut the fuck down. They are straight garbage if that is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yea, I'm glad I got the ps4 version after seeing the mess that the pc port is. There was some shit I read that the textures are lower quality on max then those in xbone/ps4 versions to? How the hell is that even possible. Rocksteady/WB needs to make sure the studio that did that port gets shut the fuck down. They are straight garbage if that is true.
    Yeah, I'm absolutely going to sit this out until things get sorted out and it goes on sale, same as what I did with Origins. By the time I picked it up it was pretty cheap and the main bugs/performance issues had been sorted.

Messed up to hear about the textures, that seems nonsensical. Though based on what I'm reading here, it's not surprising that the PC version is a shitshow : / http://www.kitguru.net/gaming/develo...onsole-studio/

Supposedly the people behind mortal kombat x' bad port is also behind arkhams port. I personally am not having many issues with my 970, but I know it's hit or miss with both brands. However my game does randomly pause every ten minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    So that is why GMG sold it to me for 40% off on pre-order. If a deal is too good to be true...

I guess i'll wait for the inevitable patch and enjoy it like I did the last Assassins Creed.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't have any issues with my 760 once I got rid of the FPS Lock - Yeah it's not on Ultra but even on Normal Settings I maintain a steady 55-60 FPS. That being said it might be time for a graphics card upgrade anyways.
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Just get a 970 or a 300 series amd card. I only upgraded my gpu cause it came with the two games I wanted the most this year. Figured I'd buy both games anyways why not just spend a bit more and upgrade my rig a bit too. Sucks that people are having issues with the PC version but I do agree that the graphic options in game are pretty sparse.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Just get a 970 or a 300 series amd card. I only upgraded my gpu cause it came with the two games I wanted the most this year. Figured I'd buy both games anyways why not just spend a bit more and upgrade my rig a bit too. Sucks that people are having issues with the PC version but I do agree that the graphic options in game are pretty sparse.
    Eh the problem seems to not just be performance/optimization but the fact you can't even get the game to look as good as the console versions in some aspects. That is a joke. That's pretty much why I only buy PC games on day 1 from trusted devs these days. Shit ports man, shit ports everywhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bleh I'll also wait it out. I'd just buy it for my PS4 but $25 > $60. Hopefully the PC version gets some kind of update and soon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Eh the problem seems to not just be performance/optimization but the fact you can't even get the game to look as good as the console versions in some aspects. That is a joke. That's pretty much why I only buy PC games on day 1 from trusted devs these days. Shit ports man, shit ports everywhere.
    There might be a lot of problems (though my 770 seems to do it fine generally), but I doubt consoles versions look better. Especially if rocksteady patches some shit soon. Consoles miss like half the options.

Look an incredible game. Will wait like i did for the others for the GOTY edition.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.