Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I'd like it for BNet so I can play Hearthstone and not be bugged about coming to run some stuff in WoW.

For me, I am on a wow break but I want to play other blizzard offerings, with out people who could message me on FB, bugging me in game about not raiding. So instead of ignoring people who shoo me text or just avoiding blizzard games, I would appreciate a hide mode for when I want to be anti social.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

why the fuck are you still commenting on this pathetic thread by a pathetic poster....dam troll has been overfed!

10+ Year Old Account
    Obvious troll is obvious.

I'm sorry that you aren't "Popular" enough to find an Appear Offline function necessary, but the beauty of it is: You don't HAVE to use it.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-05 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaeladin View Post
    Some people just wan't to game in peace once in a while. Not sure why that's a bad thing. Sometimes I just don't feel like talking to people on my friends list. I just want to log in to do a few things and relax.

Other people are more social anxious and just don't like confrontations so they'd rather have an offline mode than have to tell people that they don't want to talk.

No reason to insult people over it.
    This is the reason I am against it, I feel if you are going to be friends with someone you should be upfront with them, that you do not feel like talking that day. "Hiding" from the problem only makes it worse because if that person finds out you were indeed on line at the time ... you run the risk of losing a friend. Not everyone is as understanding as "Oh I just wanted to hide because I'm not brave enough to tell you I was feeling antisocial."

While I don't agree MMO's should be forced group interaction 24/7 there DOES need to be a limit to how far you can take the "Solo" thing. If you want to have that private toon to hide on, I suggest not using Real ID OR using Broadcast to alert people and then go DND. There are options that don't involve "Hiding"
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

OP I can't fathom why are you so butthurt about this?

Privacy is a personal issue, especially with battletag and real ID, it's everyone's God damn prerogative to not want to talk to other people or to want to appear offline, or to make up shit about what they are doing.

It's like Air Plane mode with cell phones. It's your right to not receive texts and calls.

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    I gave 2 reasons for having it in the OP.
    To pretend to everyone on wow that you got a hot date and then you appear offline so you dont get caught gathering herbs in winterspring.
    So people dont think you are online all the time, you want people to think you do other things than just play wow. so having appear offline lets people think you are not on the game sometimes.
    It's hard to figure out if you're just retarded or actually so full of yourself you believe your own bullshit. Oh I guess the third one being you're just here for the "trolls"... Grow up and stop posting you just look like an idiot every time you repeat the same sentence for the 4th time.

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2014-03-05 at 06:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BatteredSausage View Post
    why the fuck are you still commenting on this pathetic thread by a pathetic poster....dam troll has been overfed!
    Why not.

Also posts... with that name...about troll feeding... *smirk*

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Even if those were the only 2 ways it was every used, who cares. If people don't want to be bothered and it is easy to prevent it why not do so?
    I care because nobody who wants this feature added will admit this. if they admit it i dont think people will be annoyed at them for wanting it. its them lying making up other reasons for wanting this but we all know these 2 reasons are why they want it for

10+ Year Old Account
    No definitely not. This is a bad assumption because sometimes people just want to play in peace without having to pause every two minutes to talk to some person. Since I only have one other real life friend playing this game right now, who is actually enjoyable to talk to, I don't really need this anymore but I've had times where I had more friends playing and sometimes it would just get annoying talking to like four of my other friends while I'm trying to do a dungeon run or some days they'll be on and I just want to play in peace and I'll just tell my one friend that I'm hiding from my other friends by playing on a different server (back when we didn't have battle.net).

So no I would actually say that most people do not think of this assumption of yours.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    this just in, scientists confirm, asking does not mean crying.

We can end these threads now
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    This is the reason I am against it, I feel if you are going to be friends with someone you should be upfront with them, that you do not feel like talking that day. "Hiding" from the problem only makes it worse because if that person finds out you were indeed on line at the time ... you run the risk of losing a friend. Not everyone is as understanding as "Oh I just wanted to hide because I'm not brave enough to tell you I was feeling antisocial."
    That is not your decision to make. Everyone has the right to decide for themselves how they want to handle their "anti-social" moments. Plus we all know someone who never takes No for an answer, and often this devolves into a useless argument that you are in no mood of at that time.

I have 2 friends who are total chat whores and naggers. One is an old of GM/Raid Leader mine, who for some reason has to run through me every single minor decision she makes, despite me making 100% clear that I'm not interested in decision making or any of the sort. That is why I always refuse officer positions and shit, this continued even after I switched guilds. Unfortunatly as we share a social circle in WoW, I can't just put her on ignore.

The other one is an obnoxious real life friend who loves to achievement whore and bitch about noobs 24/7, and nags me all the time to help or just to listen despite me having made it clear that I don't give a shit about achievements and I'm not interested in his complaints. Yet he still continues.
    Last edited by Mihalik; 2014-03-04 at 11:19 PM.

Deleted
    Do you guys think most of the people who are crying for Appear Offline mode are the people who play too much but dont want people to know they do?
    Wanting something implemented into software isn't "crying", it's a feature request. Learn the difference.

Also some of us have more than 10 people on our Battle.net friends list and it can get a little hectic when people spam you with whispers, broadcast messages and whatnot. Having the ability to just temporarily make yourself "invisible" would be a welcome feature - something even 'super social' applications like Skype have implemented years ago.

I care because nobody who wants this feature added will admit this. if they admit it i dont think people will be annoyed at them for wanting it. its them lying making up other reasons for wanting this but we all know these 2 reasons are why they want it for
    Hmm, I'm wondering why you assume everyone is lying. Theres a story behind this no doubt. Share with us...let it all out.

I need this feature so I can have SOME excuse as to why no one messages me when I login...

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    The OP has to be one of the most assumptious people on these forums. Personally, I wouldn't mind an appear offline feature because I get tired of people easily, not being a very social person. I would disable the feature when I am wanting social interaction with people.

I'd really like appear offline, but half the people in this thread seriously needs to grow a spine. Someone needs your help? Say you're off to do something else (which you are if you didn't intend to help in the first place). Someone wants to cap conquest/valor? No thanks, I'll do it later in the week/already did it. It's not rude, and if they think it's rude just tell them that it's rude to expect you to do something you don't want to do and that they need to learn basic social skills because that shit is crazy.

As someone mentioned, I don't want to be talking WoW stuff when I'm playing Diablo for example. I want to slay demons, that's why I logged on Diablo. I also don't want to have tons of oQueue popups when I'm playing other games.

OP is hilarious though, "my reason which is literally the worst reason of all besides hiding your botting is the only correct one, if you disagree then you're a LIAR!!"

Also, sometimes I wanna fucking ERP in peace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zdrasti View Post
    He's telling you upfront what's going to take. It's not ninja looting. It's pirate looting! YAARRRR!!!

Seems like OP has an attachment issue with his friends. Whether they say busy or appear offline it means the same thing, they don't want to be bothered.

not sure what the problem is. you can move things to different chat windows. put dnd on and just don't look at the ones where you get tells/whispers.

The better question is why would people be against such a feature when it has little impact on their own gameplay? Are they the same as those weirdos who want to stalk people 24/7?