Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Helistin View Post
    That logic doesn't exactly promote using this forum. Almost like you try to get rid of potential site users. Megathreads are terrible and eventually people will go use other forums while you monitor the activity in the meanwhile and see the activity drop. But hey , your board your rules
    Kind of makes sense though. No point them making a Sub-forum for an MMO that could potentially die out in 2 or 3 months. Maybe not die - but not be as busy/active.
    RNG. The Numbers are dark and full of terrors.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrax View Post
    Kind of makes sense though. No point them making a Sub-forum for an MMO that could potentially die out in 2 or 3 months. Maybe not die - but not be as busy/active.
    I don't think so, if anything it's being underhyped. Everyone is hating on it because they assume it's going to fail like SWTOR did, but everyone who has actually tried the beta seems to love it. I myself played the game for only a few hours, being an avid MMO fan, i instantly liked it. I think it deserves it's own subforum definitely
    "Far left is communism, far right is Anarchy, be aware that you do not stray to far either way”
    "If we are confronted with differences in opinion, the chemicals that are released in the brain are the same ones that try to ensure our survival in dangerous situations."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    Everyone is hating on it because they assume it's going to fail like SWTOR did, but everyone who has actually tried the beta seems to love it.
    Friend shared a BETA-weekend key. I played few hours and afterwards my wallet became 79.99 € lighter.

Wasn't that interested in before trying it, to be honest, but after playing it for a while... yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by warlockiii View Post
    Can we get this please? NDA lifted--it's time! I think given the size of the Megathread, there is sufficient interest in this game.
    Yes, I'm just trying to find Elder Scrolls Online discussions, and it's all buried because ESO does not have it's own sub forum.
    THankies

Deleted
    Sub-Forum would be lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostnet View Post
    I don't think so, if anything it's being underhyped. Everyone is hating on it because they assume it's going to fail like SWTOR did, but everyone who has actually tried the beta seems to love it. I myself played the game for only a few hours, being an avid MMO fan, i instantly liked it. I think it deserves it's own subforum definitely
    You misunderstand what they say.. Read it again:

SWTOR had a huge hype, even bigger than ESO. And it's gotten their own sub forums. Game crashed and burned, and the sub forums died. They don't want the same to happen with ESO sub forums. A hype now = NOT indicative on how the game will be 2-3 months post launch.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    You misunderstand what they say.. Read it again:

SWTOR had a huge hype, even bigger than ESO. And it's gotten their own sub forums. Game crashed and burned, and the sub forums died. They don't want the same to happen with ESO sub forums. A hype now = NOT indicative on how the game will be 2-3 months post launch.
    Sad that ESO fans are being punished for SWTOR's failings.

Deleted
    I guess I'm not going to make any new friends here:

I'm against a TESO subforum.

- This is a WoW-dedicated Forum, the discussion about other video-games are just concerning a fraction of the userbase.
    - There are already quite a few Forums/Fanpages out there, Tamrielfoundry beeing the most prominent.
    - The Subforum will be used, without a doubt, but like after every new MMO-release the activity will plummet after a few weeks/months and leave the Subforum rather desolate and bloat the amount of mostly unused Subforums even more. Just look at the Rift Subforum ... 4 posts in the last 3 days? For a Foum with 400k members this is just not enough to justify something like this.
    - This will open the door for even more unnecessary trolling and haters than a megathread

tl;dr:
    You want discuss the game with a larger amount of people and more variety - go to a dedicated fanpage.

10+ Year Old Account
    MMO Champion is owned by Curse.com, go there and ask :P

I wonder, are moderators paid?

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    I guess I'm not going to make any new friends here:

I'm against a TESO subforum.

- This is a WoW-dedicated Forum, the discussion about other video-games are just concerning a fraction of the userbase.
    - There are already quite a few Forums/Fanpages out there, Tamrielfoundry beeing the most prominent.
    - The Subforum will be used, without a doubt, but like after every new MMO-release the activity will plummet after a few weeks/months and leave the Subforum rather desolate and bloat the amount of mostly unused Subforums even more. Just look at the Rift Subforum ... 4 posts in the last 3 days? For a Foum with 400k members this is just not enough to justify something like this.
    - This will open the door for even more unnecessary trolling and haters than a megathread

tl;dr:
    You want discuss the game with a larger amount of people and more variety - go to a dedicated fanpage.
    Valid point. The official forums will be open at launch for those who have subscribed. I don't know whether or not Bethesda will keep a section on their boards for it or not. There will be numerous guilds with their own forums. I would imagine ESOUI forums would be more popular than this one for ESO discussions as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tabbycat View Post
    Sad that ESO fans are being punished for SWTOR's failings.
    And in a few months. Wildstar posters here will say the same about ESO if it fails. Yay!

People are way to convinced that this game will be a succes..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    I wonder, are moderators paid?
    No. 10chars

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doktor Faustus View Post
    MMO Champion is owned by Curse.com, go there and ask :P
    It's Boubouille's call. I really doubt Curse as a parent company is too concerned about the breadth of games their individual sites have dedicated subforums for. That's not say it isn't important that the needs of the site's users are met, just that that kind of micromanagement for each site is typically handled by the respective site's administrators.

Like with any new game, the admins keep an eye on traffic and discussion and make a decision from there. The best thing you can do to help your cause is keep talking about the game in its thread!
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    i'm gonna jump in here too - the ESO thread is over 800 pages long, nearly 900 now, it's not easy to work through.
    Considering they denied our request for a pokemon sub-forum (We have an activepokemon thread in fun-stuff with 1827 pages, over 36,500 replies, as well as a tournament thread in video-games, at 24 pages, a video games discussion megathread at 97 pages, a friend request thread at 67 pages) I doubt they'll grant your request.

I don't know what considers something to be warranted "enough activity". I know that at least with pokemon, more people would go if there was a sub-forum, because a thread that moves at hundreds of replies a day is daunting for people who want to ask a question and sift through discussions about every aspect of the games simply because there is no way to organize it.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Considering they denied our request for a pokemon sub-forum (We have an activepokemon thread in fun-stuff with 1827 pages, over 36,500 replies, as well as a tournament thread in video-games, at 24 pages, a video games discussion megathread at 97 pages, a friend request thread at 67 pages) I doubt they'll grant your request.

I don't know what considers something to be warranted "enough activity". I know that at least with pokemon, more people would go if there was a sub-forum, because a thread that moves at hundreds of replies a day is daunting for people who want to ask a question and sift through discussions about every aspect of the games simply because there is no way to organize it.
    Yeeeaahhh... But then again ESO is MMO. It just might get a subforum with fraction of Pokemon's traffic.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2014-03-13 at 06:26 PM.

It would just seem like a good idea to me. It'd increase traffic to the site. I know I'd be in there a ton. That megathread is just too much.

What are you going to discuss with a Pokemon subforum that can't be accomplished with a few threads? I just have a hard tim believing that you're being serious comparing Pokemon to an MMO. What new threads would there be? "Should I choose X Pokemon or X Pokemon in my team?" Questions like that are better in just one big thread. It's not like Pokemon is an ever-evolving game. You have to take that into consideration as well. If you could name a dozen different and distinct thread titles that people could make about Pokemon without them just being one-off questions and actual real discussions then you might have a case, but I doubt that's possible. And if you can't do a dozen then it doesn't warrant an entire subforum.
    Last edited by vizzle; 2014-03-14 at 12:09 AM.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    What are you going to discuss with a Pokemon subforum that can't be accomplished with a few threads? I just have a hard tim believing that you're being serious comparing Pokemon to an MMO. What new threads would there be? "Should I choose X Pokemon or X Pokemon in my team?" Questions like that are better in just one big thread. It's not like Pokemon is an ever-evolving game. You have to take that into consideration as well. If you could name a dozen different and distinct thread titles that people could make about Pokemon without them just being one-off questions and actual real discussions then you might have a case, but I doubt that's possible. And if you can't do a dozen then it doesn't warrant an entire subforum.
    It is possible, but I won't derail the thread. That being said, I don't believe you understand the intricacies of Pokemon otherwise you would know that it's not all about "what pokemon should be on your team."
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Just wanted to point out that 5 million people signed up to beta test ESO.

5 Million people. That's crazy.

Surely this game would get more activity then lets say Minecraft? I still wonder why that subforum is still alive despite having only 1 active thread

I've always been for a lore subforum aswell, a lot of mods thought that it wouldn't have enough activity and look at it now hehe