Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I have seen plenty of no fly love threads voted down to -250. So I still tend to think that the playerbase is rather split about the issue.
    Weird, I haven't, not in the last few weeks (before WoD came out I did). Maybe it's a time of day thing or something? I could have just missed them, not big on the official forums. But I think we can agree that Blizzard usually reads "split" as "Blizzard knows best", with only "majority hate" reliably causing concern.

I'm not expecting it either. But wasn't 6.1 the last Tier patch? Thought WoD is only supposed to have 2 tiers. Assuming that 6.1 is a major tier patch and not akin to 5.1.
    I've heard people say that, but I've seen absolutely zero evidence from Blue posts/tweets/Blizzcon/interviews. Seems to be something the community has made up (maybe true, but no evidential basis).

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I honestly doubt that most people regard ground travel as "suffering". Oo
    it is suffering compared to flying.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    it is suffering compared to flying.
    haven't had one bit of suffering so far. mage tower is pretty handy and flight paths don't have fucked up paths this time around. they're pretty straight forward this time around.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I refuse to believe you of all people have missed that in the early stages of this whole thing the overall tone was hinting at flying being reintroduced in 6.1 with some "epic quest" and then later to "We'll see", over to "if people overwhelmingly want it back" (which there is no signs of), and now the few blues that respond to flight threads does so in lighthearted fashion if anything.
    OK. I thought there was some new blue, apparently not. Yes, I noted the "if people overwhelmingly want it back", but I thought it's just them having no numbers and watching. They obviously want to do nothing, that's why they turned flying off in the first place - in the hopes that this will make the game better. I don't think anything has changed there.

With that, as I said earlier in the thread, I think we might not have any bit outcries even when people are leveled - because apparently there's very little to fly to. So, sure, in this case no flying might stay (or it might not), but who would care... I wouldn't even be here. Same as many, many others. Nothing to do is a much bigger problem than not having flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Just another update:
    (EU) Please no flying in Draenor at all has reached +252.
    That is one thread. What about the hundreds if not thousands of threads that say the exact opposite?

I was fine without flying, but I would be lying if I did not say I missed it as I have started grinding timber

Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    ... but on the official boards, whether anyone likes it or not, anti-flying posts tended to get voted up, and pro-flying ones voted down, which sends a pretty clear message to Blizzard about their "core players".
    This is not the case. On the EU forums, anti-flying posts are voted up, and on the US it's exactly the reverse. The EU forums also don't matter and you know why if you played long enough, but even if they did, what you are saying just isn't true.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've heard people say that, but I've seen absolutely zero evidence from Blue posts/tweets/Blizzcon/interviews. Seems to be something the community has made up (maybe true, but no evidential basis).
    Well, we know who is the end boss. So if we see him pop up on 6.1 PTR we know for sure.
    Also these no-fly hate threads pretty much get instanuked. So it's no surprise that you cannot easily link them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    That is one thread. What about the hundreds if not thousands of threads that say the exact opposite?

I was fine without flying, but I would be lying if I did not say I missed it as I have started grinding timber
    And at the same time you dismiss other threads discussing no flying. Not to mention "thousands" is a dishonest joke.

What's the point in having a debate if you refuse to even believe the other side exists?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    This is not the case. On the EU forums, anti-flying posts are voted up, and on the US it's exactly the reverse. The EU forums also don't matter and you know why if you played long enough, but even if they did, what you are saying just isn't true.
    I just looked at the US forums, and I don't even see any "pro-flying" posts in the first few pages, and indeed only one asking when it's coming back, which is at -16. There's also one "no-flying" post, which is at -13. So it's obviously not some huge issue. Hell Garrosh had four threads devoted to him in the first three pages. So Garrosh > Flying in terms of what US players care about, apparently.

I agree that Blizz doesn't give a shit about the EU forum though!

Well, we know who is the end boss. So if we see him pop up on 6.1 PTR we know for sure.
    Also these no-fly hate threads pretty much get instanuked. So it's no surprise that you cannot easily link them.
    I don't. Spoil me please!

I hope they don't bring back flying. I am not missing it at all!
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    And at the same time you dismiss other threads discussing no flying. Not to mention "thousands" is a dishonest joke.

What's the point in having a debate if you refuse to even believe the other side exists?
    I agree they exist.

To be honest, I am having a blast right now. I have changed my garrison five times, depleted all my gold, and had a tremendous amount of fun in the process. Now that I am actively grinding timber and other things I need I am missing flight. I play on a PVE server so WPVP is not a thing in my parts. I have queued many times for Ashran but have been unable to get in so I do not know how that is.

Not flying is not as bad as I thought it would be. I can admit that easily, this is a fun expansion. That said, I miss the speed at which I used to travel.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't. Spoil me please!
    Garry's daddy: Grommash Hellscream is supposed to be the final boss in the Tanaan raid.

Most people want flying so they can AFK autorun to wherever they need to go, but they say "they want to enjoy the beautiful scenery from above" for argument's sake.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aersoth View Post
    Most people want flying so they can AFK autorun to wherever they need to go, but they say "they want to enjoy the beautiful scenery from above" for argument's sake.
    You are assuming. You have no idea how other people play or enjoy the game. You aren't in their house watching their monitors while they play. Don't pretend you have some god gifted knowledge that no one else has. You don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    And what about the people who are missing it? Why does your opinion weigh higher than those people?

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe that is what you did/do. Now that you have rediscovered not doing that by using ground mount, I suggest you keep doing that after flying returns. Do what YOU enjoy... but don't take away what others enjoy in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    You are assuming. You have no idea how other people play or enjoy the game. You aren't in their house watching their monitors while they play. Don't pretend you have some god gifted knowledge that no one else has. You don't.
    Yeah I have never done that.

If I am on a flight path I would AFK but not while I can control my flying mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post

pssst!

Those threads get deleted by Blizzard!

I wonder how many of the links I posted a week ago are still active or even there?

QFT

/10char

10+ Year Old Account
    I really wouldn't recommend that. Tried it once, ended up with an empty fatigue bar over the ocean.

If I want to afk/multitask during transport I always take a flightpath.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiya View Post
    If you don't miss it, how would bringing flying back hurt you personally? You still don't have to fly. But others that want can. In my book this means everyone profits by having flying.

Or do you want to say you like when you see other people around you not happy about something?