10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    1. They want to make the world more alive with no flying.
    2. They don't want flying until the whole continent is available (although I doubt we'll be able to fly in Tanaan Jungle).
    3. They are behind schedule and have more important stuff to get out.
    4. I believe they got good feedback with the Timeless Isle (not from me).

I prefer no flying, but I don't really care if they let us fly or not.

Timeless Isle was a waste. 3 hours if you were just there for the welfare epics. 3 weeks if you were there to farm coins for the mounts. Anyone who spent more than that on TI was either a griefer or an idiot. The world has been plenty "alive" even with flight in the past. All they had to do to extend that feeling was disable it at level cap, and give it to us in 6.1. Really easy, but point #3 is the reason why flight is getting pushed til 6.2. Tanan Jungle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Walter- View Post
    With flight, there was no confusion. Lift off, find target, land.
    See, now i believe you're just contradicting your intentions. One moment you're posting threads on what sort of content people want in the game and then you make such posts which is basically the essence of the pro flying "side", that, in turn, blows a whole through it.

You'll see people here arguing for more and/or different content, several of them pro flying, when that right there is one of the main culprits for the accelerated rate of content consumption.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    I know you're pro flying, but what you just said should not constitute, in itself, an argument for it.

Blizzard could've just made terrain in the fashion of previous xpacs. Kinda like the hill passages that you can use to go from the west side of Everbloom to the east. Then again, Gorgrond is a special case, the hills aren't so rugged or straight.
    I wasn't arguing FOR flying when I said that. I was simply offering opinion. If I want to argue FOR flying, I will go back and grab 5 or 6 prior posts, condense them, and re-introduce them. I've given some incredible arguments since page 53. Only problem I have is some people just see a target on my back and find it easier to insult and snipe than actually stick to the topic. If the report function actually worked, there would be more red ink in here.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Spires and Nagrand, just when you think you are headed in the right direction, you find out the path you should have taken is a half mile back, and it twists through mountain passes and forces you to hop from mass to mass to reach your target. With flight, there was no confusion. Lift off, find target, land. This hiking through the hills with sandals and granola is horseshit.
    Problem with this is, people complained in Cata that it was a horrible experience being able to fly while levelling. I for one, like to get the feel of the zone. Sad thing is though, we tend to take the fastest option, or feel forced into it by our guilds (depending on what type of raiding guild you are in at that time).

Now, no matter what they do, people will always complain, I for one, never want to level and fly at the same time (fair enough on alts). Max level, I don't care.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    See, now i believe you're just contradicting your intentions. One moment you're posting threads on what sort of content people want in the game and then you make such posts which is basically the essence of the pro flying "side", that, in turn, blows a whole through it.

You'll see people here arguing for more and/or different content, several of them pro flying, when that right there is one of the main culprits for the accelerated rate of content consumption.
    This is not a thread about content. This is a thread about the lack of flight on Draenor, and whether you agree or disagree with it. I put my content ideas in the content threads and keep my pro-flying agenda here. Certain folks have it in for me, and if I even say the word flight in a thread I start, it gets locked. So, if you want to discuss content, find me a content thread and we can talk there. This thread is only about flight, so I am only responding to how flight affects said content.

Honestly, the terrain was easy to navigate for my self. I don't know how anyone can get lost. The paths are pretty clear cut. If no flight was truly to get people out into the world we would _NEVER_ have seen garrisons. They are the total opposite idea and the effect they have reduces your need/desire to go out into the world. Aside the Stables which was done in next to no time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Problem with this is, people complained in Cata that it was a horrible experience being able to fly while levelling. I for one, like to get the feel of the zone. Sad thing is though, we tend to take the fastest option.

Now, no matter what they do, people will always complain, I for one, never want to level and fly at the same time (fair enough on alts). Max level, I don't care.
    No one... in ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE PAGES has ever asked for flying WHILE leveling. I wish you people could actually GRASP that fucking phrase. I am discussing Max level, which I was before I ever left Talador. Which means I was Max level for Spires and Nagrand, two zones I HATE simply for their terrain.

It isn't actually, they need to have all the zones completely finished from top to bottom. The old Azeroth had lots of dead space, until you can fly around Draenor, we don't know what dead space there is.
    They do have all the zones completely finished from top to bottom.

You can fly over these zones with third-party tools.

You can also fly over them right in the game using Aviana's Feather, among other things.

FYI, they had all the zones "completely finished" this way (= ready for flying) since LK (and even TBC if we exclude home zones for draenei and blood elves).
    Last edited by rda; 2015-03-09 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one... in ONE THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND THIRTY NINE PAGES has ever asked for flying WHILE leveling. I wish you people could actually GRASP that fucking phrase. I am discussing Max level, which I was before I ever left Talador. Which means I was Max level for Spires and Nagrand, two zones I HATE simply for their terrain.
    Strange, I did all quests and didn't hit max level till Nagrand. Did you do it with rested exp?

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    They do have all the zones completely finished from top to bottom.

You can fly over these zones with third-party tools.

FYI, they had all the zones "completely finished" this way (= ready for flying) since LK (and even TBC if we exclude home zones for draenei and blood elves).
    If some guy from blizz did say this (asking for the source), why would they have to be telling the truth? Not sure why you're bringing LK and TBC into this when flying was made available there.
    Last edited by Tekkommo; 2015-03-09 at 12:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is not a thread about content. This is a thread about the lack of flight on Draenor, and whether you agree or disagree with it. I put my content ideas in the content threads and keep my pro-flying agenda here. Certain folks have it in for me, and if I even say the word flight in a thread I start, it gets locked. So, if you want to discuss content, find me a content thread and we can talk there. This thread is only about flight, so I am only responding to how flight affects said content.
    I don't recall in which thread it was, but if my memory doesn't fail me, it was you who defined the way in which a character travels as content.

Problem with this is, people complained in Cata that it was a horrible experience being able to fly while levelling.
    Never saw these complaints, and in any case, noone is asking to have flying while leveling, people are asking for flying at max level.

Strange, I did all quests and didn't hit max level till Nagrand. Did you do it with rested exp?
    You can do pet battles for XP and mine nodes etc for extra XP. I think Walter did some characters almost entirely on Pet battles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Honestly, the terrain was easy to navigate for my self. I don't know how anyone can get lost. The paths are pretty clear cut. If no flight was truly to get people out into the world we would _NEVER_ have seen garrisons.
    Garrisons could have still remained in-game, but instead of providing most, if not all, gathering materials ~ it could have been just an small-boost and be an central quest-hub location which sends players around the continent for smaller quest hubs.

In current situation, herb garden and mine just provides way too much ore and herbs. Meanwhile in previous expansions, players actually had to go to the world and travel around the zones/continent for them. I'd so much prefer them to remove most, if not all, follower missions and turn them into daily quests for players themselves to do, instead of sending bots and simply waiting in Garrison for results.

As for Draenor terrain, sure couple times, mostly in Spires, I had to run around the mountain to find the correct path to reach the hidden treasure, but mostly it's easy to travel around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Never saw these complaints, and in any case, noone is asking to have flying while leveling, people are asking for flying at max level.
    Well it fits with the 'flying mount flopping around limply' argument. It fits for the 'my mount suddenly forgetting how to fly' argument. I can imagine it would be a legitimate complaint if those arguments were to hold true.

If some guy from blizz did say this (asking for the source), why would they have to be telling the truth? Not sure why you're bringing LK and TBC into this when flying was made available there.
    I am not sure I get what you are saying at all, but I made an edit since your quote: you can fly over Draenor zones right now, right in the game using Aviana's Feather, for example. Go and look for holes - there aren't any.

Draenor zones are completely flight ready, enabling flying in them is a flip of a switch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I did all quests in the zones and reached level 100 before completing Spires of Arak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Honestly, the terrain was easy to navigate for my self. I don't know how anyone can get lost. The paths are pretty clear cut. If no flight was truly to get people out into the world we would _NEVER_ have seen garrisons. They are the total opposite idea and the effect they have reduces your need/desire to go out into the world. Aside the Stables which was done in next to no time.
    It's not that the paths generate confusion, it's more like, from my perspective, how inaccessible they are. For example, in Draenor you're on straight path and to either side of you there's small hills. For most of the way you cannot go up those hills except for maybe 1 or 2 paths up, while in previous xpacs you could probably go up in any section of the hill side.

This is what makes, for me, the terrain in Draenor so damn annoying. Hmm i wanna go up there.....nope, go 50 meters ahead for the path up.

Problem with this is, people complained in Cata that it was a horrible experience being able to fly while levelling.
    It's quite the opposite. Leveling with flying was awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, rested every night. I didn't hit 100 in 1 day. I actually took 7 days. 3.5 months in Beta burned me out. Then again, I was 95 before I ever left Shadowmoon Valley. When I enter a zone, while leveling, I do a FULL Loremaster clear, bonus objectives and all. One less thing to fly back for later. Had you done every quest and bonus objective with some rested XP, you would have capped at the start of Spires, the first zone I hated without flight.

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Well it fits with the 'flying mount flopping around limply' argument. It fits for the 'my mount suddenly forgetting how to fly' argument. I can imagine it would be a legitimate complaint if those arguments were to hold true.
    I am sorry, I don't understand. Could we maybe talk more directly about the game features / complaints / whatever actually happens and use less "would be" / "if they were to hold true"? Thank you.