Quote Originally Posted by prudhvirazz View Post
    cause WOW is a social game. say i am raider. say my whole guild/raid team wants to fly and I don't. I will definitely lag behind them. It will take me 3 weeks to hit 100. It will take them only few days to hit 100. They will soon start dungeons/raiding etc. I am still at 95. I won't be a part of the progression. They will kick me out of the guild/raid team.

So in order to be competitive I have to do what others do.
    Funny, but you can't fly during leveling anyway. Even if you could, the difference in time wouldn't be that big.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Pearl View Post
    Funny, but you can't fly during leveling anyway. Even if you could, the difference in time wouldn't be that big.
    Yes. My bad. But I hope you got my point. Post leveling, I will lag behind if i choose not to fly and my whole guild/raid/friends chooses to fly. I will be alone and I know I don't want to be.

Flying or No Flying is not entirely i your hands. You have go with your guild/raid/friends.

Is the "Just keep to ground mounts then" actually a serious argument...?
    Nyoro~n? (´・ω・`)
    5:2 diet? Pft!

One year, 62kg/136lb lost. Only a little bit left...

I liked the timeless isle experience with the elite mobs who one shot you if you don't watch out and counting every step you make , I hope this will be delivered in WoD
    Last edited by rav1410; 2014-03-09 at 11:16 PM.

cause WOW is a social game. say i am raider. say my whole guild/raid team wants to fly and I don't. I will definitely lag behind them. It will take me 3 weeks to hit 100. It will take them only few days to hit 100. They will soon start dungeons/raiding etc. I am still at 95. I won't be a part of the progression. They will kick me out of the guild/raid team.

First of all, everyone can potentially level at the same pace, so that is irrelevant. At max level, how will you lag behind from lack of flying? Queue for dungeons. You don't fly to keep up with other people, you fly to take the game at your own pace and do fun the way you choose. Nothing in the open world is so important that it will affect your gearing for raid progression. Terrible analogy.

I'm literally cummingbuckets right now. I can't even wait till this expansion hits. Flying is gone! HURRAHHHHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    First of all, everyone can potentially level at the same pace, so that is irrelevant. At max level, how will you lag behind from lack of flying? Queue for dungeons. You don't fly to keep up with other people, you fly to take the game at your own pace and do fun the way you choose. Nothing in the open world is so important that it will affect your gearing for raid progression. Terrible analogy.
    I'm sure it looks that way. But why don't give it a try after 6.1 hits and post the results if you are able to catch up to your raiding guild?

Not being able to fly until lvl 100, maybe even forcing players to 'earn' it, might work... but no flying at all? Forget about it. Do you realize how many people in WoW log on just to collect flying mounts, so they can show off? Not to mention those who already have said rare mounts and sometimes spent months, even years, collecting them? No way, that would be as bad for WoW' sub numbers as the RMAH was for D3.
    Last edited by Arganis; 2014-03-09 at 11:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis View Post
    Not being able to fly until lvl 100, maybe even forcing players to 'earn' it, might work... but no flying at all? Forget about it. Do you realize how many people in WoW log on just to collect flying mounts, so they can show off? Not to mention those who already have said rare mounts and sometimes spent months, even years, collecting them? No way, that would be as bad for WoW' sub numbers as the RMAH for D3.
    Go use your flying mounts in other zones. You can still fly there.

That's a bit extreme. Seeing how we aren't flying from 90-100. Or 'til 6.1 for that matter. So why the removal if it's a luxury at 100?

If one truly is that progressed then they'll be at the instance gate before the raid actually starts.
    Quote Originally Posted by r03dz View Post
    Also, Jaina and Vereesa going for a rid on their skeleton horses. :P (typo intended)
    Let's look fabulous~. A Paladin transmogrifier item list.

Yes. My bad. But I hope you got my point. Post leveling, I will lag behind if i choose not to fly and my whole guild/raid/friends chooses to fly. I will be alone and I know I don't want to be.

Flying or No Flying is not entirely i your hands. You have go with your guild/raid/friends.
    You'd lag behind in what? Seeing the world from above? Yes. Not much else.

I always get amused by the number of "NOW i'm unsubbing" posts. Blizzard wont change a thing. They know that you will not unsub. And if you do its not cos of things like no flying x-pacs.

If you unsub, you have played the game enough or too long and/or dont have the time anymore.

Not a single fu** was given that day, or any other day for that matter.

Just my 2 cents <3

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Yes, why wouldn't it be. If you truly don't like something as much as some people seem to with flying, it's beyond absurd that they force themselves to do it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by hammercurl View Post
    I always get amused by the number of "NOW i'm unsubbing" posts. Blizzard wont change a thing. They know that you will not unsub. And if you do its not cos of things like no flying x-pacs.

If you unsub, you have played the game enough or too long and/or dont have the time anymore.

Not a single fu** was given that day, or any other day for that matter.

Just my 2 cents <3

Funny you'd say that. I was unsubbed for 1,5 years, because a couple of things annoyed me about WoW, and I had started playing GW2 and that was (and still is) a lot of fun. Just a couple months ago I resubbed to WoW, because I wanted to explore Pandaria, and one of the major things that drew me back in was the fact that I can fly in WoW -- one thing I direly miss in GW2. If I can't fly in Draenor either, that's one less MAJOR benefit WoW has over GW2, and makes it much more likely that I'll return to GW2 full time again.

Quote Originally Posted by brandonsurge View Post
    Go use your flying mounts in other zones. You can still fly there.
    That's an idiotic reply. Flying mounts are a huge part of what 'sells' in WoW. If you can't use them, except in obsolete content, it would be the same as saying flying mounts themselves are obsolete for most people. There's just no way. Just look at the Blizzard store, half of what you have on there is flying mounts. Hell the xpac's "collector" bonus contents is a flying mount. Forget about it, never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Infernix View Post
    remember, kids, when you can't come up with new stuff, just take away existing stuff and give it back later and people will be happy!

Like when your kid's birthday rolls around. Instead of getting him new stuff, just take away his bike and give it back in a month. He'll be so happy.
    As cynical as this statement is, it's just honestly how I feel. It's amazing how angry this change has made me--I am happy with my friends and raiding or I honestly would just outright quit.

The idea that they're going to make riding a quest--if they do--is absolutely insulting. I've now bought so many forms of riding skill that I'm just sick to death of that particular hoop.

People only enjoy flying because they can choose a direction and then alt tab.

There's pretty much nothing else to it.

I really don't mind not being able to fly, I think we take it as a given now, and it has lost the 'Epic Feel' I imagine it will be reintroduced later as they previously announced.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Sadly, I think they're serious. Some people honestly don't see how flying hurts the game.

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    So far, 0 selling points in the next xpac for me, save character model updates.
    Sounds like hyperbole. Please explain, because I am dumbfounded by this statement.
    You can use Raid Finder to join a 25-player raid for some of the most epic experiences World of Warcraft has to offer.