Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    So maybe with flying gone, flight points will be cool again! +points for no flying!

I'm curious though, with everyone saying they're going to abstain from partaking in this expansion until flying returns... why not even try the game designed around no-flying rather at max level and have a more credible opinion?

It seems a little childish. "Eat this dish, it tastes better with chop sticks, no forks."
    "WHHUUT? NO FORK? IM STARVING MYSELF!"

The removal of flight is not such a new concept that one would have no idea how it would affect gameplay.

We have not had it (for long timers), had it, had it banned in small external zones, lost it temporarily and had to re-earn it... it is not like this is a foreign concept. We have a pretty good idea how it works now.

To use a food analogy (as you did), someone who hates brussel sprouts, is usually gonna hate brussel sprouts no matter how they are presented. And to think "this time the brussel sprouts will be different" starts to border on the definition of insanity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wingspan View Post
    To use a food analogy (as you did), someone who hates brussel sprouts, is usually gonna hate brussel sprouts no matter how they are presented. And to think "this time the brussel sprouts will be different" starts to border on the definition of insanity.
    As someone who is in the Beta, there is no different feeling from Krasarang Wilds in MoP to SMV in Draenor. It's still the same old game, with some updates. Brussel sprouts with cheese, chicken, rice, and a white wine on the side still requires eating brussel sprouts. No thanks. I'll take everything else and replace the sprouts with a Nestle Drumstick for desert

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Not many, since it's WoW, not Flight Simulator. If they were big on WoW, it wasn't because they had flying.
    Your logical bug is that flying is one of the few special features WoW has. And which makes it special.

On a side note, you fought those who like flying in this thread being the only one very often to act as if removing flying was a good thing. And still talk about "minorities" when it comes to people who dislike the change.

Fact is: You dont know anything about majorities and minorities.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GentleGiant View Post
    LOL bye bye then (previous 2 posters)

This is bullshit imho. You will both be playing when it comes out. You dont HAVE to level achaeology, you dont HAVE to chase rares.

The quote above leads me to believe you WILL be playing. Everyone has something about a new expansion that they like/dislike. I dont like the fact that realm-firsts are disappearing. Doesnt mean i'm gonna not buy the game and play it. Like you, i love the game.
    You believe whatever you want, has no effect on me. Just wanted to ask why "previous 2 posters" means anything in this relation, and especially when coming from pevious 50? Does that really make my opinion less valuable? Stopped to figure that maybe I haven't posted here before, cause I don't feel I've ever had "this will make me quit" - issues before this?
    I WILL be buying the game - when flying 6.1 is confirmed. Not a second sooner.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    You have choice: adjust or leave. What you do is entirely up to you and no one cares. Unless significant majority of players decided to leave because of it, no flying stays.
    There's a third option: hang in there and try to make things go your way, hang on for compromises and changes.. it's not just a "eat it or leave it" question. Option 3 is the one all of us pro-flyers are going with atm. When we know what the outcome is it's time for us to "adjust or quit" - now is not the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm curious though, with everyone saying they're going to abstain from partaking in this expansion until flying returns... why not even try the game designed around no-flying rather at max level and have a more credible opinion?
    I'm curious why you think we don't know already? We've kinda done it before..

Quote Originally Posted by Maymay View Post
    There's a third option: hang in there and try to make things go your way, hang on for compromises and changes.. it's not just a "eat it or leave it" question. Option 3 is the one all of us pro-flyers are going with atm. When we know what the outcome is it's time for us to "adjust or quit" - now is not the time.
    I counted that option into "leave" because I expected that if people are that much unhappy about it they will take a break until things change.

Deleted
    It seems a little childish. "Eat this dish, it tastes better with chop sticks, no forks."
    And this analogy seems incredibly mature and not-at-all childish.

Deleted
    Because it cost 50 euro + subscription.
    And we already know that only hiting them in their pockets we can make them hear our voice.
    Last edited by mmoc1e4c5b7903; 2014-09-10 at 07:07 PM.

So maybe with flying gone, flight points will be cool again! +points for no flying!

I have been eating a dish I enjoy with a fork for 8 years. Now the Chef comes out after all that time and says I have to eat new parts of this hot meal with my face, no using my convenient hands. Some parts of the new meal will be ok, but the taste is bland and there are parts that burn my nose and lips and shit I'm not so happy about.
    Added to this, they sold me additional extra tasty sauces from the optional menu (flying mounts off the blizz store), but I'm not able to use them on this new meal, which is a shame.
    What this profitable, competent, reliable restaurant should of done is redesigned the fork, added a blindfold to the eater, created better meals to further entice that customer, rather than make things more uncomfortable and less pleasant for the majority.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-09-10 at 07:15 PM.
    "These so called speed humps are a joke. If anything, they slow you down. "

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CheeseSandwich View Post
    I have been eating a dish I enjoy with a fork for 8 years. Now the Chef comes out after all that time and says I have to eat new parts of this hot meal with my face, no using my convenient hands. Some parts of the new meal will be ok, but the taste is bland and there are parts that burn my nose and lips and shit I'm not so happy about.
    Added to this, they sold me additional extra tasty sauces from the optional menu (flying mounts off the blizz store), but I'm not able to use them on this new meal, which is a shame.
    What this profitable, competent, reliable restaurant should of done is redesigned the fork, added a blindfold to the eater, created better meals to further entice that customer, rather than make things more uncomfortable and less pleasant for the majority.
    Well if you are at Medival Times, your not allowed to have a Fork or Spoon. Gotta use are hands to eat, well drink are soup.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    Well if you are at Medival Times, your not allowed to have a Fork or Spoon. Gotta use are hands to eat, well drink are soup.
    Is WoW meant to be Medieval?

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

I'm in the beta so i've been dealing with this shit for a while now.
    To address the retarded nonsense in the second part of the quote, its more along the lines of; "Okay i'll try it with chop sticks but if it's shit i'd rather have the fork, thanks."
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-

Quote Originally Posted by Ordinator View Post
    This presenting speculation as fact thing that you like to do is getting seriously old. I already asked you to prove just one thing you posted and you straight up refused.
    Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!

The facts are the facts, I cannot help it if you do not like them.

IRREFUTABLE FACT OF LORE & CONSEQUENCE:
    Our main transportation is being slowed from 310% to 100%

This is a reduction of 210%. In total it is a 66% reduction to our over all speed of in game travel

A 66% increase to travel time means if we used to spend 10 minutes an hour traveling in game, we will now spend 30 minutes an hour traveling in game

Losing 20 minutes an hour of game play makes "no flying" the largest gate in the history of WOW

Here is a passionate summary of max level WoD content from someone on the beta. Seems awesome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Walter II View Post
    And yet someone has not been following my story. I got one of the three back.
    Why do you feel important enough to have a story that people should follow? After being banned so many times, I just assumed you got a name change so people who don't know who you are might take you seriously. And the fact that you had a big guide on how to permanently delete your accounts but somehow managed to "get one back" pretty much ensures my theory all along that you never deleted any of your accounts and just wanted the attention.

But for what it's worth, you do seemed calmed down compared to your old posting habits.

Why do you feel important enough to have a story that people should follow? After being banned so many times, I just assumed you got a name change so people who don't know who you are might take you seriously. And the fact that you had a big guide on how to permanently delete your accounts but somehow managed to "get one back" pretty much ensures my theory all along that you never deleted any of your accounts and just wanted the attention.

But for what it's worth, you do seemed calmed down compared to your old posting habits.
    Walter II's journey through this thread is by far the most interesting thing in this entire thread IMO. It is fascinating, perplexing and ultimately moving.... You go Walter II!

Quote Originally Posted by Barkloud View Post
    Darth Vader to Luke Skywalker: Search your feelings, you *know* it to be true!

The facts are the facts, I cannot help it if you do not like them.

Our main transportation is being slowed from 310% to 100%

This is a reduction of 210%. In total it is a 66% reduction to our over all speed of in game travel

A 66% increase to travel time means if we used to spend 10 minutes an hour traveling in game, we will now spend 30 minutes an hour traveling in game

Losing 20 minutes an hour of game play makes "no flying" the largest gate in the history of WOW
    So now on top of being completely wrong and illiterate with numbers, you want to be obnoxious and repetitive as well. These numbers do nothing to include flight path travel time. Factoring in flight path travel time puts Dreanor travel time right on par with live travel time, especially considering the amount of flight path hubs. The actual percentage is absolutely impossible to factor so stop trying.

By the way, I stopped by the official WoW beta forums to find one of the MILLIONS of topics about how awful the travel is in Dreanor because you for some reason refused to show me one after you said they exist. Yea... i gave up after page 5 because there wasn't any. Did find this though right on the front page:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/13816271516

Tell me again about how the flight paths are final?

10+ Year Old Account

I figure if someone is going to follow my initial Lore, they should keep up with the Lore changes. I never asked him to stalk me, but if he is going to, he should at least follow my posts

So now on top of being completely wrong and illiterate with numbers, you want to be obnoxious and repetitive as well. These numbers do nothing to include flight path travel time. Factoring in flight path travel time puts Dreanor travel time right on par with live travel time, especially considering the amount of flight path hubs. The actual percentage is absolutely impossible to factor so stop trying.

By the way, I stopped by the official WoW beta forums to find one of the MILLIONS of topics about how awful the travel is in Dreanor because you for some reason refused to show me one after you said they exist. Yea... i gave up after page 5 because there wasn't any. Did find this though right on the front page:

Everything is becoming clearer to me.......

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ordinator
    Ordinators are special guards employed by the Tribunal Temple. They are sworn to uphold both Temple law and Imperial (Blizzard) law.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Yes, because only place where you adjsut to things is military. News: Adjusting to things is on daily basis in life.
    This isn't real life. It's a game we play for fun. For many of us flying is fun and it sucks when fun things are removed from our entertainment.

You read that thread, champ? How right now, 8 weeks before release, there is still useless, meandering, time wasting, pointless flight paths in WoD, that still apparently need feedback on how to fix them, because knowing what the players want out of a flight path after 10 years is apparently to fucking hard to do for a multibillion dollar company.
    Last edited by CheeseSandwich; 2014-09-10 at 09:18 PM.