Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    No, they havent.

Thanks for this funny comment.
    People are very quick to dismiss Blizzard's ambiguity on certain topics as lies but oh when all of a sudden it's on a topic they think they have personal relevance to suddenly it becomes the truth. You can't pick and choose your stance on what Blizzard says when it contradicts the same wording in a topic you feel differently about.

Honestly though? Prove me wrong. Screenshot this and prove me wrong some point in the future that this entire thread was a bunch of hot air and that Blizzard made their decision long ago. Prove me wrong that it's not the same tired faces shitting up a thread until it reaches past the 1k mark when there has been no actual news development since page 200, or 400, or 600, or 800.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewor View Post
    But ultimately they've made the decision on when or if it's placed back in. There's this weird illusion that it's some sort of opinionated raffle that if you believe extra hard enough Blizzard will do something because you wanted it.

They very most likely know what they're doing, and just because it'll eventually fall into line with what other people were asking for does not mean they did it on the whims of those people.
    They didn't make the decision on when or if it's placed back in. (What is it? Will it be placed back in? If so, when?)

I don't think they know what they're doing either.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    No, I am not interested in responding to things like that. "Hey, guys, repeat all your points for me." Yeah, right. Want a coffee, too? Read the thread.
    Thats the thing, I do read the thread, all the arguments involve: lies, Flight Points being too slow, which was addressed and fixed MONTHS ago, Gathering being terrible, which I will not lie, is a pretty accurate argument, but that is a profession issue, not a Flight issue, and PvP Ganking, which is going to happen anyway you look at it, and to complain about it is hilarious because the people who would be getting ganked choose to play in that kind of environment.

Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Only a few weeks to go now. So I will get to see how it plays out with no flying first hand. (most likely it will be just like any other leveling experience and I will be back in Vanilla mode). Will be interesting to see if blizzard brings flying back or not and also if it does in what manner/time frame.
    I agree, we will know soon enough. It is going to be interesting when the uninformed masses realize the pace of gameplay has been significantly slowed down.

That is a bold move after not changing for 7 years straight. Wow never changes. It is the same thing year after year expansion after expansion. This is a huge change out of no where.

Feel bad for people buying mounts to fly in the new expansion right now.

Deleted
    You can't pick and choose your stance on what Blizzard says when it contradicts the same wording in a topic you feel differently about.
    People may have whatever opinion they like. It's not up to you to decide for them.

And now tell me what you like or dislike about flying.

Deleted
    People may have whatever opinion they like. It's not up to you to decide for them.

And now tell me what you like or dislike about flying.
    This thread isn't about the like or dislike of flying. The thread title is clearly about the discussion of flying being removed for an undisclosed amount of time. Stop derailing the thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    My test would have roughly shown how much experience do you have with PVP in the world. It is somewhat telling that you had to ask.
    Don't be insulting. I know what the purpose of the question was, I wanted to know why that evidence would indicate one person correct and the other incorrect. Number of boars killed would not indicate someone was more experienced to discuss raiding (an aspect of PvE), just would be an indication they know alot about killing boars.

This thread isn't about the like or dislike of flying. The thread title is clearly about the discussion of flying being removed for an undisclosed amount of time. Stop derailing the thread.
    This, and I have posted it before, and I will post it again, because everytime I post in this thread I get asked.

I love my flying mounts, but if Blizzard thinks it is right to take them away for some gameplay reasons, then I trust Blizzard is right. Only twice has Blizzard made me ever question there motives:

Nerfing Cataclysm Heroics

Not doing 5.5

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    Thats the thing, I do read the thread, all the arguments involve: lies, Flight Points being too slow, which was addressed and fixed MONTHS ago, Gathering being terrible, which I will not lie, is a pretty accurate argument, but that is a profession issue, not a Flight issue, and PvP Ganking, which is going to happen anyway you look at it, and to complain about it is hilarious because the people who would be getting ganked choose to play in that kind of environment.
    OK, I will add several more things which you perhaps missed: (1) flying is fun on its own, (2) flying allows you to skip content you don't want to do, which is good (long arguments about why this is good and not bad), (3) flying makes several things like archaeology tolerable, they are a complete pain without flying. There are others.

1050 pages of semantics.

Deleted
    Flight Points being too slow, which was addressed and fixed MONTHS ago
    No, it wasnt fixed. Flight points are still no direct lines between point A and point B. They still fly in circles and curves. And they still are partly connected, and ask you to fly way longer than flying ever would need.

Gathering being terrible, which I will not lie, is a pretty accurate argument
    but.. didnt you just discredit every argument as a lie?

Stop trolling.

and PvP Ganking, which is going to happen anyway you look at it, and to complain about it is hilarious because the people who would be getting ganked choose to play in that kind of environment.
    PVP still should be fair, or what do you think? Or do you think it should be all about exploiting a imbalance or 5 versus 1?

I think, if a high level char ganks lowbies, there would be a solution. As like turning the high level char in a low level char.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersoaker View Post
    1050 pages of semantics.
    This. Its just fucking semantics and opinions.

- - - Updated - - -

but.. didnt you just discredit every argument as a lie?

Stop trolling.
    Cute, but no, go back and read what I said, LIES was one of my points of an argument.

Deleted
    This thread isn't about the like or dislike of flying.
    It infact is, as this is a discussion board. And discussions always are about opinions.

But hey, if you chose to troll on this thread, i am not in the position to stop you.

You are still welcome to join the topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Laumann View Post
    Don't be insulting. I know what the purpose of the question was, I wanted to know why that evidence would indicate one person correct and the other incorrect. Number of boars killed would not indicate someone was more experienced to discuss raiding (an aspect of PvE), just would be an indication they know alot about killing boars.
    It wouldn't indicate that one person is absolutely correct and the other isn't. It would indicate as to who has more experience.

Look, anyone reading understands what's going on. Things like that go all the time in the PVP forums and in the PVE forums, everywhere. Some guy comes and says "OMG warlocks are broken!!111 they one shot me and I can't do a thing!!! FIX THEM". Then it turns out he didn't know how to fight, didn't know what spells he has, etc. And, of course, sometimes he doesn't listen to numerous explanations and advice, and if, after quite some time, someone asks him "hey, what rating are you?", he turns all defensive and starts asking why this is relevant, acting all insulted, etc. It's clear he has no ratings at all apart from the default 1500, and it's clear he really doesn't know his spells and doesn't want to listen...

Deleted
    This. Its just fucking semantics and opinions.
    Yes, and how can people dare to talk about their opinions in a discussion forum.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-03 at 01:07 PM. Reason: Sarcasm.

As are you, and the discussion is about the removal of flight, not the like or dislike of flight.

Deleted
    It infact is, as this is a discussion board. And discussions always are about opinions.

But hey, if you chose to troll on this thread, i am not in the position to stop you.

I did join the topic. I discussed under the topic of the thread title my opinion on Blizzard's stance on removing flying for an undisclosed amount of time. Nowhere within that does it mention I have to give a binary opinion on for or against flying.

Good job pointing out it's a discussion board but just because suddenly the discussion doesn't suit your agenda doesn't immediately label it as trolling, especially when the points I'm discussing are actually closer to the topic at hand compared to your request to ask about my like or dislike of flying.

So remind me, who exactly is trolling again? Can you seriously tell me with a straight and honest face that my discussion on Blizzard's stance on flying is not in line with a topic title that talks about flying being unavailable for an undisclosed amount of time? You call that trolling?
    Last edited by mmoccad4d490dd; 2014-10-03 at 01:10 PM.

Deleted
    As are you, and the discussion is about the removal of flight, not the like or dislike of flight.
    You know, a discussion is always about opinions. And yes, it infact is about the question if people like or dislike flying.

I for example love flying. It is immersive. It is convenient. I wont like to miss it.

Deleted
    You know, a discussion is always about opinions. And yes, it infact is about the question if people like or dislike flying.
    No it's not. The topic title makes no mention about like or dislike. It only makes mention about Blizzard saying they've disabled flying in WoD for an undisclosed amount of time. This isn't a difficult concept to grasp rym I'm sure even you can understand this eventually.

Deleted
    No it's not. The topic title makes no mention about like or dislike.
    So what should the people talk about? About scientific results?

A discussion forum always is about opinions and arguments.
    Last edited by mmoc903ad35b4b; 2014-10-03 at 01:21 PM.