Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    All I see is "Im bad and I want you to be nerfed" kinda talk. As few people pointed out its perfectly easy to get legendary rank for free. Yes it does help to have some of the better cards, but for the most part you can accomplish and win games using the basic cards you get at level 10, sorry its true.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Well legendary cards are kinda broken. They should put a limitation of legendary allowed per deck at low level tier.
    Personally, I think they could do something like making each legendary after the first in a deck count as three extra stars for the purpose of matchmaking. So if you're rank 17, with four legendaries, it would match you up against rank 15~13 players. It would at least keep the legendary-heavy decks out of the rank 20 competition.

Get a rush deck, like murloc rush. They are inexpensive and pretty good to climb the ladder to about 10.

Deleted
    Hearthstone is a game based on two things: rng and cash

stay away from it

Quote Originally Posted by appe View Post
    Hi -
    Its impossible for a new player to play Heartstone and advance in ranks. What was/is Blizzard thinking?
    As soon as i enter a match im directly matched up with a legendary player who toys with me for 10 min and then just finish me of in one strike with his/hers epic and legendary cards, i have not a chance on earth to win.

I find it disturbing that to be able to win you have to buy your way to all the "fancy" cards. Why not just put all the professionals in one group and us noobs in one?
    I also felt this way when I started playing. I played some Unranked matches because I thought it was for starting out people. I got steam-rolled. I went to the HS forums and made a post about it and got destroyed by their forums. Basically, the feeling is that if you play a card game you are gonna get wrecked sometimes. Get used to it or don't play. Over time my deck has grown stronger and I now have a couple of legendaries. I'm getting better as a player but I still make tons of mistakes. I can still get blasted at times, but mostly if I play ranked matches I will rank up to where I win 50% of my games and stay right about there. So I think the system is working as intended.

My advice is to quickly forget when you lose miserably and celebrate your victories with gusto. And like any game the more you play it the better your deck will be and the better you will be. So if you want to rise in the ranks spend more and more time playing, reading about decks and strats and watching people play on youtube/twitch.

Good luck.

Deleted
    probably you can't win 3 games to get WOW mount and that is why you are hatin'
    I didn't even bothered to install this crappy game >.<

Blizzard's game always matches newb with good players.

One excuse is to punish smurfs.

If you want the 3 win, play rank at rank 25.

This is Trump's video from MONDAY - Rank 2 with an entirely F2P Mage deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsA6RBowZ5w
    This is the first video of the set, where he goes through the tutorial missions and builds the deck he'll use in EU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mi2fhKDXk8

Yep, definitely unplayable. Oh, or maybe it just requires that you know the cards and how to play ...

So I started playing WoW for the first time 3 weeks ago. I leveled all the way to 90 and then entered my first BG as SOON as I hit 90. But I got in there and I got 3 shot. WTF blizzard this is stupid. Why should I spend time getting the gear? That's just stupid. This game is so P2W (I pay with my time). I should just be given access to the best gear ASAP without having to do anything.

I'll let you put the analogy together.

Never played a TCG before. Got Mage to rank 10, queued into play mode on casual and smoked 3 people to get the mount achieve with no problem. I got good card draws on 2 of those games, but having farted around on the game a few days, I realized that's the nature of the beast. Also figure most folks playing are just doing so for the wow mount, which opens the gates for folks playing beta for months with legendaries to troll the crap out of noobs.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Just the way this game works.

Want to advance in Rank when you first play? Spend cash

Legendaries do not make you an instant winner.

There is a lot of card removal that are quite common in the game that will make every legendary obsolete.

I think what they did leaving beta players keep all their stuff was just plain dumb. They should have done a wipe and given people who spent money their cash back in the form of credit to be respent. BTW: I was in beta since November and had spent $50.00 on the game, and would have loved to have a wipe and start over.

I don't think legendaries are broken at all.

You should watch Totalbiscuit play his mostly all legendaries deck. He wins just as much as he loses =P

Thing is you need cards to make a good deck. And for that you need either money or gold. I'd do as someone suggested, focus on one class. Build a deck for it with dusts and extra cards. Or play the Arena =P

Deleted
    I started late last week and now Im rank 10... Completely no cash spent.

Well , I had dabbled in some MTG, so I had some idea of what to do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Elementalkin View Post
    Or just in general.
    The more legendaries your deck has the worse it is. Past 2-3 it becomes very unreliable. and even the 2 of them can be removed from the board easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    This is Trump's video from MONDAY - Rank 2 with an entirely F2P Mage deck: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsA6RBowZ5w
    This is the first video of the set, where he goes through the tutorial missions and builds the deck he'll use in EU: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mi2fhKDXk8

Yep, definitely unplayable. Oh, or maybe it just requires that you know the cards and how to play ...
    It just requires you to play OP mage deck, I have one win rate around 85%, but it is not fun I want to be able to play othe decks as well.

Deleted
    I completely dominate most of the people I face with my Priest deck (yes you read it right, priest) just because of the dominance I can put up in the early game. Having hands full of cards and destroying people with sneaky tricks.

And I only have 1 legendary which is not even in that deck.

Well the first big mistake that was made was allowing everyone that played beta to keep their entire card collection from beta into release. All card collections should have been wiped upon release, beta exists to test the game not to get a free boost beforehand.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    I disagree with the unplayable, but you are at a disadvantage, and my god is it boring. It should be worth noting that Trumps job is to play HS.
    Still, even if it is his job he reached Legendary rank in less wins than the average (under 200 wins). Which would credit that skills>legendarys

Deleted
    I started the other day and i didn't really struggle much picking it up. It might take a while to properly learn but i can win my fair share of games, i don't think it's that hard for new players to get involved.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Meltage View Post
    Unplayable?? I just started playing after they offered the in game mount for three wins. The mount was easily gained and since then I have earned enough ingame funds to buy more packs and expand my decks. I haven't spent a dime and am holding my own 80% of the time. I am not a hard core gamer and except the losses along with many wins. I suggest you go back to practice mode and learn more about the game play. As someone else has already stated this game is mostly luck of the draw even with upper end decks.
    This sums up my experience too. It's not that bad.