Page 33 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hi

for those just wondering why choose this instead of recount & skada, just try it...

I've found a weird bug. I installed it, and (although elvui does not support it) embed a couple of details screens in right chat. I changed bars, text, etc to my preferences, even save it as a new skin (just in case) and set that this profile should be used my all my chars.
    Then I switch to any of them and it's perfect the windows are there, with the new appearance, etc.
    But when I return to my "first" char (the one I used to set it up) it seems that the skin "Elvui Frame Style" (this is what I choose at the very beginning) is applied automatically again. I need to reapply my saved skin or all my chars will see the "Elvui Frame Style" from that moment on.

I've even tried to change Details.lua manually, and reload, but "something" is triggering the skin selection "Elvui Frame Style" automatically....

15+ Year Old Account
    I am following this project for quite some time now, and I finally installed it, and so far I am really excited about it. it is an awesome addon.

I found that compared to skada (which I am still using in parallel at the moment), the dps (and maybe the hps, haven't checked that one yet), tend to be a bit lower than skada's values. not much, but in a range of +/- 0.5k dps. I don't know whether details or skada is the one which is less or more accurate than the other, but since the values are not THAT much different, and aside of some penismeter issues (OMG I HAVE 500 DPS MORE WITH SKADA), I doubt that actually is an issue to begin with.

But I have one thing that really bugged me... the title bar is .... TINY. even on my 24" full hd monitor it was really really tiny. I worked around that problem with increasing the scale of the window in total, and then decreasing the bar height and the window size again, now I can actually see what the buttons are on the title bar.
    THEN, I found the title bar buttons size settings. I think while overall the options are one of the best and also best structured options I've seen from an addon, this is maybe not totally clear from the beginning.

also I was trying the "Damage, The game", and I found out that it basically resets the window you had (only position, not size). so when I switched back to group & raid, all settings were back to what I had - except the window was in the middle of the screen. maybe fix this, so when you activate that plugin, and you go back, also set the position back to what it was before.

next thing, I had the default window size. then I created some bookmarks (I really like that feature), Then I made the window smaller. now some bookmarks are "gone" until I create a bigger window again. If that bookmark window could be scrollable, it would help a lot.

and I like to see two more options:
    1) being able to delete a window. I can't find an option for that. I created some windows, but I closed them because it was just for test purposes. But I only have lock, reopen, ungroup, change color
    2) being able to copy all settings from one window to another. I like my stuff the same everywhere. so for example I've set the right half of the window to also have shadows. now I create a new window, this window does not have shadows. also the font seems to be the "default" font. I spent around 10 minutes going through all options to find the look I like, now I want the same look on all other windows. maybe I want a different look on some window, but then I also want to start from my "basic" window. So please, copy settings from window x when in the options for window y would really be appreciated.

but again, so far, I really like that addon. keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by ashade View Post
    hi

for those just wondering why choose this instead of recount & skada, just try it...

I've found a weird bug. I installed it, and (although elvui does not support it) embed a couple of details screens in right chat. I changed bars, text, etc to my preferences, even save it as a new skin (just in case) and set that this profile should be used my all my chars.
    Then I switch to any of them and it's perfect the windows are there, with the new appearance, etc.
    But when I return to my "first" char (the one I used to set it up) it seems that the skin "Elvui Frame Style" (this is what I choose at the very beginning) is applied automatically again. I need to reapply my saved skin or all my chars will see the "Elvui Frame Style" from that moment on.

I've even tried to change Details.lua manually, and reload, but "something" is triggering the skin selection "Elvui Frame Style" automatically....
    Annoying bug, I'm sorry, we'll take this as a priority.
    So, AddonSkins for ElvUI does support Details! (you may even embed it) and old versions may cause a similar bug with "ElvUI Style II" skin. Version 3.12 of AddonsSkins is okey with this bug, but i recommend using the latest alpha: 3.12-9.
    Let me know if this was the problem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    I am following this project for quite some time now, and I finally installed it, and so far I am really excited about it. it is an awesome addon.

I found that compared to skada (which I am still using in parallel at the moment), the dps (and maybe the hps, haven't checked that one yet), tend to be a bit lower than skada's values. not much, but in a range of +/- 0.5k dps. I don't know whether details or skada is the one which is less or more accurate than the other, but since the values are not THAT much different, and aside of some penismeter issues (OMG I HAVE 500 DPS MORE WITH SKADA), I doubt that actually is an issue to begin with.

But I have one thing that really bugged me... the title bar is .... TINY. even on my 24" full hd monitor it was really really tiny. I worked around that problem with increasing the scale of the window in total, and then decreasing the bar height and the window size again, now I can actually see what the buttons are on the title bar.
    THEN, I found the title bar buttons size settings. I think while overall the options are one of the best and also best structured options I've seen from an addon, this is maybe not totally clear from the beginning.

also I was trying the "Damage, The game", and I found out that it basically resets the window you had (only position, not size). so when I switched back to group & raid, all settings were back to what I had - except the window was in the middle of the screen. maybe fix this, so when you activate that plugin, and you go back, also set the position back to what it was before.

next thing, I had the default window size. then I created some bookmarks (I really like that feature), Then I made the window smaller. now some bookmarks are "gone" until I create a bigger window again. If that bookmark window could be scrollable, it would help a lot.

and I like to see two more options:
    1) being able to delete a window. I can't find an option for that. I created some windows, but I closed them because it was just for test purposes. But I only have lock, reopen, ungroup, change color
    2) being able to copy all settings from one window to another. I like my stuff the same everywhere. so for example I've set the right half of the window to also have shadows. now I create a new window, this window does not have shadows. also the font seems to be the "default" font. I spent around 10 minutes going through all options to find the look I like, now I want the same look on all other windows. maybe I want a different look on some window, but then I also want to start from my "basic" window. So please, copy settings from window x when in the options for window y would really be appreciated.

but again, so far, I really like that addon. keep up the good work!
    Hi, thanks for the feedback, i appreciate.

- We try get our results close to warcraftlogs results, so you may find like 0.1 ~ 0.2 difference from the website and 0.4~0.5 from Skada, its totally normal.
    - Solo plugins positions will be a little buggy on this and next week due to tests with a window position library (LibWindow-1.1).
    - I'll take a look on this bookmark problem, we can add the scroll and also play with scale or reduce the icons size to fit more labels.
    - You may give the true death for a window under Miscellaneous section.
    - Copy settings is available on 'Skin Selection' section. You can save the skin and apply in another window or use the "Apply in all Windows" button. Also, if you group windows together, changing one changes all other windows in the group.

Simply amazing addon. Replaced both recount and scada for our mythic group.

I was wondering if there was a filter that I can create to track cc done? i see CC's broke, but i need to see CC's done/cast. Recount had a separate addon/plugin that I had to install, but since I got rid of recount..

Is this possible?
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    Simply amazing addon. Replaced both recount and scada for our mythic group.

I was wondering if there was a filter that I can create to track cc done? i see CC's broke, but i need to see CC's done/cast. Recount had a separate addon/plugin that I had to install, but since I got rid of recount..

Is this possible?
    I think so, Details! already track debuff uptime, applied and refreshed. I'll try mix this with the spell list for CC broken, might work.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tercio View Post
    Annoying bug, I'm sorry, we'll take this as a priority.
    So, AddonSkins for ElvUI does support Details! (you may even embed it) and old versions may cause a similar bug with "ElvUI Style II" skin. Version 3.12 of AddonsSkins is okey with this bug, but i recommend using the latest alpha: 3.12-9
    Let me know if this was the problem.
    Well, I've tested with Display 3.8.6 and AddonSkins 3.12-9 and I have not been able to embed them again :-). I can live with that... I've tested again with a couple of windows outside chat and it's working, maybe the bug is related to addonskins & embedding (before elvui really supports it) or maybe it has been solved with latest alpha releases.... anyway now I'm not able to embed them correctly so problem avoided...

Thanks!!

Well, I've tested with Display 3.8.6 and AddonSkins 3.12-9 and I have not been able to embed them again :-). I can live with that... I've tested again with a couple of windows outside chat and it's working, maybe the bug is related to addonskins & embedding (before elvui really supports it) or maybe it has been solved with latest alpha releases.... anyway now I'm not able to embed them correctly so problem avoided...

Thanks!!
    Similar problems running Alpha. Since the change to LibWindows [i assume] no matter what i do while running ElvUI (with AddonSkins enabled and Disabled) the windows stretches 100% of my screen and refuses to resize with 2 windows active. If i disable one window it just locks itself to the right side of the screen where all i can do is move it up and down.

If i revert back to the non-alpha it returns to having no window issues. I did try a /details reinstall as well.

Thanks!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchler View Post
    Similar problems running Alpha. Since the change to LibWindows [i assume] no matter what i do while running ElvUI (with AddonSkins enabled and Disabled) the windows stretches 100% of my screen and refuses to resize with 2 windows active. If i disable one window it just locks itself to the right side of the screen where all i can do is move it up and down.
    If i revert back to the non-alpha it returns to having no window issues. I did try a /details reinstall as well.
    Going to look the problem this Saturday, thank you guys.

Going to look the problem this Saturday, thank you guys.
    Thanks for your continued support

Deleted
    There are still issues with the spec change detection.
    While in challenge mode, i was in BM spec. During the dungeon i switched to SV and switched back to BM after we killed the boss. The addon was still displaying the SV icon for the rest of the instance until i resetted data.

Quote Originally Posted by Paloqt View Post
    There are still issues with the spec change detection.
    While in challenge mode, i was in BM spec. During the dungeon i switched to SV and switched back to BM after we killed the boss. The addon was still displaying the SV icon for the rest of the instance until i resetted data.
    Try a3.8.12. I'll rewrite the spec detection code on the following weeks, today we are using the same way we detect classes which do a okey job for the eleven classes, but struggles to detect 34 different specs.

Also guys, a3.8.12 includes more fixes for positioning, let me know if those problem are gone.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    I just downloaded this and I can say so far I LOVE IT. I look forward to trying more features out and doing more with it.

Also guys, a3.8.12 includes more fixes for positioning, let me know if those problem are gone.
    First load up and hiding/showing it seems to of fixed the issue. Thanks for that.

Unholy <> Blood icons is fixed on latest alpha: a3.8.6
    get alpha versions with curse client.
    I dislike alpha versions. I'll wait for the release version. Can you give me an estimate how long it takes from alpha to release in general? Just out of curiousity, as long as it's fixed eventually, I'm good.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Hey there,

I've been using this addon since it first was released and I absolutely love it. I have noticed that is quite a resource hog in terms of memory. Currently just sitting in warspear it's using 13.75MB and when its actually tracking stuff in a raid i've seen it jump as high as 20 MB. Honestly its not a huge deal, but was wondering if there was anyway to reduce it. Other than that the only other issue i've noticed is sometimes the windows will bug out and be recording a fight but i can't see what the DPS/HPS was until after combat ends. Its only happened a couple times and I could never figure out what was causing it.

As for people worrying about accuracy of Details vs. Recount/Skada. I run logs every single time I raid and Details is never shutoff. Its accurate usually withing 100-200 DPS/HPS sometimes 10-20 differences on warcraftlogs.

Keep up the great work, really love this addon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Memory usage used to be an issue back in the early days of WoW because most people were running 1-2 GB, which is really not enough. However, memory usage is generally pretty irrelevant nowadays. Nobody with a decent system runs into memory issues (WoW will never exceed like 3 GB of usage no matter what you do to it or how many addons you are running).

The addon author said he was focusing on CPU Usage, which is a much more important issue for WoW. Addons that hog CPU can cost you a lot of frames in WoW. He could be making tradeoffs that increase memory usage but lower CPU usage (i.e. keeping infrequently used things in memory just to reduce the cost of reprocessing it), which would have been a really bad idea back in 2004 but is actually a pretty good idea in the modern world.
    Last edited by Simca; 2015-01-25 at 07:18 AM.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    I dislike alpha versions. I'll wait for the release version. Can you give me an estimate how long it takes from alpha to release in general? Just out of curiousity, as long as it's fixed eventually, I'm good.
    Releases are sent weekly (less when there is major bugs). ETA for tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by djriff View Post
    Hey there,
    I've been using this addon since it first was released and I absolutely love it. I have noticed that is quite a resource hog in terms of memory. Currently just sitting in warspear it's using 13.75MB and when its actually tracking stuff in a raid i've seen it jump as high as 20 MB. Honestly its not a huge deal, but was wondering if there was anyway to reduce it. Other than that the only other issue i've noticed is sometimes the windows will bug out and be recording a fight but i can't see what the DPS/HPS was until after combat ends. Its only happened a couple times and I could never figure out what was causing it.
    As for people worrying about accuracy of Details vs. Recount/Skada. I run logs every single time I raid and Details is never shutoff. Its accurate usually withing 100-200 DPS/HPS sometimes 10-20 differences on warcraftlogs.
    Keep up the great work, really love this addon.
    Memory, these days, isn't an issue anymore, @Simca ^ explains well the reason.

Check if the window is showing Overall Data when it doesn't update. Details! doesn't compute overall during the encounter, it only sums the numbers after the combat is done.

I enjoy Details! more each day. Even though the settings menu could need some rework someday at some point, it's amazing how you can personalize it for own needs, but the clarity suffers a bit.

The compare feature is great though! The best way to see how bad my gear is compared to the other people, when my heals are so much lower in average =)

Keep up the great work!

Quote Originally Posted by varyak View Post
    I enjoy Details! more each day. Even though the settings menu could need some rework someday at some point, it's amazing how you can personalize it for own needs, but the clarity suffers a bit.

The compare feature is great though! The best way to see how bad my gear is compared to the other people, when my heals are so much lower in average =)

Keep up the great work!
    Compare feature? Do tell... where do I find that?
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Compare feature? Do tell... where do I find that?
    Just click on one of the bars and then compare:

Hovering with the mouse over the single spells shows you more information.