Thread: Journey Game

Journey Game

Just finished playing this for the first time. After reading comments from several different people, (including Totalbiscuit who rated it #1 game of 2013) raving about how good it was. Many of them describing the emotional experience of the game and how crazy capturing it was for the player.

So, am I the only one who found this game not capturing at all, but frankly boring as fuck? Pardon my french dude, and I am not the kinda guy who hates something because everyone loved it. I have yet to see someone say anything bad about this game, and yes it is all opinion. I am also a guy who is able to feel the emotion behind a story and truly get into whatever it is I find intriguing.

I realize that it may be due to the fact that since it is an old game not many people play it anymore which is why I only really saw 1 or 2 people on my "journey".

In any case, I just want to hear some of your guys' HONEST opinions on this highly acclaimed game. This is in no way a flame, I'm not even saying the game was bad, hell it just wasn't fun!
    Kickin Incredibly Dope Shit

I always knew Totalbiscuit wasn't that bright. Game that came out in 2012(early 2012 at that) = 2013 GOTY holla.

The game is okay but highly overrated. It's a nice experience I would recommend any ps3 owner have but it's not some god send that transcends the gaming industry like some people claim.

It reminds me a lot of the Gone Home fan boys who claim it's so revolutionary... At least Journey is someone of an actual fun game and experience though Gone Home is complete trash with a hipster story that people think is so revolutionary... lul

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I always knew Totalbiscuit wasn't that bright. Game that came out in 2012(early 2012 at that) = 2013 GOTY holla.

The game is okay but highly overrated. It's a nice experience I would recommend any ps3 owner have but it's not some god send that transcends the gaming industry like some people claim.

It reminds me a lot of the Gone Home fan boys who claim it's so revolutionary... At least Journey is someone of an actual fun game and experience though Gone Home is complete trash with a hipster story that people think is so revolutionary... lul
    No he correctly stated 2012, I had it wrong my apologies. But yea dude I feel same way, everyone claiming it was just this emotional great story you know and I just couldn't help but feel bored out of my mind playing it. I even downed a couple of beers beforehand because a buddy said he played it stoned and said he had a blast!

Aww I was hoping it was a game about the band

going to leave upset now...
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

Haha, funny enough when creating the thread I was thinking of the simple, yet perfect title of "Journey". Later I changed it to "Journey Game" in an attempt to not create falsified hope.

It seems I failed that.

10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the same way about Flower. People rave about that game but I mean....ok it's pretty, but I'm not actually doing anything. So yeah.

I don't get the whole fuss about this game either, maybe I need to be incredibly stoned to like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Never heard of this game before.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Journey had a lot of potential with its mechanics and game play to create a really awesome game. If the game would be expanded to create a huge open world with the prime objective being exploration with little to no combat, but needing to survive the environment while looking for secrets of the past in ruins while being able to partner with other travelers and maintain the little to no actual dialogue at all, then I would have loved the hell out of it. I actually really enjoyed the world and the idea of going on this journey in the game, but the fact that it was pretty much just a short, linear interactive movie of sorts just made it end up feeling like a demo of what could be a fantastic idea for a game. I got the Journey Collection for PS3 and had much more fun with the other games included with it rather then the main game itself.

Aww I was hoping it was a game about the band
    Its already been done.

Deleted
    Played it and loved it. In fact played it a couple of times when I first bought it and a couple more times since. It's cool that you don't like it though; there isn't a game out there that everyone likes.

Personally I've never understood what was so interesting about Final Fantasy games but apparently a lot of people like them too. Fifa is another example. Pointless and boring pap imo.