Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Warrior: little to no resource management, mindless dps rotation and almost no set up required to go for a kill. Every ability that required some thought/had drawbacks has been dumbed down to just another button in the dps rotation / thing to put in the oneshot macro.
    Warriors do have to manage rage they pool it then cs and spam slam. They also have to worry about positioning in random battlegrounds because if you just run into a group fight as a melee with no heals you are dead. I would say hunter because they can shoot in melee range but can't be kited like a melee. Everything they do is instant as well. That and you can just sit in the back of the herd while doing max dps and won't have to worry about being stuck in 200 million instant aoe cc.

I read a rogue and fire mage being suggested as easy to learn and good? That's not true if you compare these specs with everything else. Rogue is one of the hardest if not THE most hard class to play well. Fire isn't that hard, but it's not a very good spec, especially in arenas.

Go hunter I'd say, easy to learn, all specs work at a casual level, not frustrating to play, a lot of fun mechanics... probably the most forgiving class in the game, you can't be interrupted, can shoot from a mile away, everything's instant, you hit like a truck, dps while moving and if you go BM you don't even need to be in los of your target to kill it!

Have a look at frost mages, dks and arms warriors (although I find arms frustrating to play) aslo, they're pretty easy to learn and be good at, depends what play style you prefer.
    Last edited by Bats; 2014-03-22 at 02:52 AM.
    Man often meets his destiny, on the path he takes to avoid it.

They're all easy to learn, granted some are easier than others. Pick one based on a playstyle you'll enjoy and you'll get your best results.

But if you're wanting the absolute simplest, pick a plate melee like a warrior or death knight. And you'd probably want to avoid rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing easier than the rogue.

marksman hunter is what i would recommend. anyone over 80% hp you basically have at least one guaranteed crit on with chimera shot critting about 85k in full griev. I know how annoying it is as a healer to play against a mm hunter, they just dont stop doing damage and they chunk you for so much hp its crazy. Also you have 2 offensive cool downs in rapid fire and stampede, so most of your "burst" damage just comes from your normal rotation of spells.

For Battlegrounds? Hunter. They're pretty straightforward, you don't get punished for movement (it's encouraged) and you have all the tools you need to peel, CC and flag protect.

Edit: I'm surprised at so many people saying Rogue. They're pretty hard to score a kill on without significant knowledge of not only your class/spec, but your opponents and your teammates.
    Last edited by Prag; 2014-03-22 at 03:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrgannus View Post
    Nothing easier than the rogue.
    If you want to beat on a target dummy as Ass

Hunter is by far the easiest spec in to play and learn in pvp. You got BM with a pewpew CD every 1 min and a pet that packs a punch. Then when you got the basics down you can move onto MM and really start to own things. Also hunters just sit back away from the aoe mash going on where the melee sit. But this is also means a bigger chance to be picked off by a stealthy.

That is another issue though. But overall easy you cant go wrong with hunter.

Healer(non-priest,non-monk) with healbot/alternative.

Tryhard tier:
    Spriest, Boomkin, Ret pally, MW Monk

Mid tier:
    Sub Rogue, Holy Priest, WW Monk, Afflic Lock, Resto Shaman

Casual tier:
    Ele Shaman, Feral Druid, Dest Lock, Mage, Enh Shaman

Baby's-first-time-in-PvP tier:
    Warrior, DK, Hunter, Holy Pally, Resto Druid

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Illiterate View Post
    Ele, arms, huntard are all easy to play

Rogues are one of the hardest classes to play well and master
    Elemental? You really don't understand Shaman, do you? You'll get destroyed unless you know 110% of what you're doing -or- are in a 3's team. Shaman have a handicap where they're horrible on their own, and have to be carried by other classes. Why do you think we're so crap in duels and 2 vs. 2, but shine in 3 vs. 3?

Honestly annoys me how many people say Elemental or Enhancement are easy to play. Everybody else can do what they do but much better. Their lack of toolkit makes them have to try much harder than most other classes. In a competitive style, Shaman have a high skill-floor.

That being said, Arms is definitely the easiest specialization to play though, followed by Beast Mastery. Rogues have definitely been dumbed down since Cataclysm, and can do as much as a Warrior or Hunter but they are harder to play. Balance can be easy; their extremely large toolkit makes it seems as if they're impossible to kill, as well as being able to heal and damage like an Affliction Warlock/Elemental Shaman/Restoration Druid with all of their damage over time abilities, instant cast damage and healing capabilities that really make you feel like you're going up against a Restoration Druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Tryhard tier:
    Spriest, Ret pally, MW Monk

Mid tier:
    Feral Druid, Afflic Lock, Resto Shaman, Enh Shaman, Ele Shaman

Casual tier:
    Sub Rogue, Dest Lock, Mage, Holy Priest, WW Monk, Boomkin

Fixed your errors.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregz21 View Post
    There are several options for you:
    - arms warr: easiest spec to play in wow, almost no setup for your damage, you can oftentimes just use offensive skills at random and still do good damage. One of the worst for 1v1, but very strong in a group
    Excuse me, pvp'ing as an Arms myself, I can say it aint just piece of cake tbh, due to the fact that countering a warrior is pretty easy. Most of our damage comes when Colossus Smash/CD's are up, which are highly visible and easy countered with CC, Disarm etc.
    Also, they do struggle untill they get a good weapon, as most of our damage is from weapondamage. This means, that they are only a CC-unit untill they get the pvpweapon, which can be boring as hell in Random BGs (Atleast for my Battlegroup, as 60% of Alliance want to go 1v5 and leaves everyone else to themselves, so the rest of the low-geared persons can run alone)

Edit: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Blitheqt View Post
    Elemental? You really don't understand Shaman, do you? You'll get destroyed unless you know 110% of what you're doing -or- are in a 3's team. Shaman have a handicap where they're horrible on their own, and have to be carried by other classes. Why do you think we're so crap in duels and 2 vs. 2, but shine in 3 vs. 3?

Honestly annoys me how many people say Elemental or Enhancement are easy to play. Everybody else can do what they do but much better. Their lack of toolkit makes them have to try much harder than most other classes. In a competitive style, Shaman have a high skill-floor.

That being said, Arms is definitely the easiest specialization to play though, followed by Beast Mastery. Rogues have definitely been dumbed down since Cataclysm, and can do as much as a Warrior or Hunter but they are harder to play. Balance can be easy; their extremely large toolkit makes it seems as if they're impossible to kill, as well as being able to heal and damage like an Affliction Warlock/Elemental Shaman/Restoration Druid with all of their damage over time abilities, instant cast damage and healing capabilities that really make you feel like you're going up against a Restoration Druid.

- - - Updated - - -

Fixed your errors.
    arena isn't really 1v1 or 2v2...

Ele is easy in 3s atm, easy rotation, plenty of buttons to press to assist your team, mongo damage and RNG burst even when you're not bursting.

It however does get trained some games which requires basic arena skills...

Hunter or warrior gets my vote for first class.
    Last edited by stickyjam; 2014-03-22 at 11:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Warrior: little to no resource management, mindless dps rotation and almost no set up required to go for a kill. Every ability that required some thought/had drawbacks has been dumbed down to just another button in the dps rotation / thing to put in the oneshot macro.
    A good warrior will wreck you, because what you said is simply not true. If you are getting beat by one-shot macros, try harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Borfl View Post
    Tryhard tier:
    Spriest, Boomkin, Ret pally, MW Monk

Mid tier:
    Sub Rogue, Holy Priest, WW Monk, Afflic Lock, Resto Shaman

Casual tier:
    Ele Shaman, Feral Druid, Dest Lock, Mage, Enh Shaman

Mega-LOL... No, bro. Afflic locks are retard easy. Spammable CC, 2 button instant full dots, god-like defensives, questionable mechanics allowed in arena (see: Demonic Gateway) dispell protection... Game doesn't get any more controllable by one class currently (except maybe great rogues, and they've always had lots of control so meh).

Frostmage.
    3 buttons for attacks, 3 buttons for defense. Easy.
    Play with 1 or 2 teammates for better results on low gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    Mega-LOL... No, bro. Afflic locks are retard easy. Spammable CC, 2 button instant full dots, god-like defensives, questionable mechanics allowed in arena (see: Demonic Gateway) dispell protection... Game doesn't get any more controllable by one class currently (except maybe great rogues, and they've always had lots of control so meh).
    Warlocks still get wrecked by themselves they need backup by teammates to stay alive. Not something you gonna find in randoms.

Hunters sounds appealing since i have played one some in mop. I really enjoy the possibility to move and shoot, gives me little fps feeling

Might try them both out!

Should i go for full crafted pvp gear when starting?

Deleted

I hope this gives an idea. You won't get too far with any class if you don't learn how to play properly but with these ones it's significantly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Redlikemyrage View Post
    What god-like defensives? Afflic lock only has dark regeneration, increasing healing recieved by 25% and healing for 30% of max hp over 12 sec, I don't see that as being godlike.
    Last edited by mmocdf563b865a; 2014-03-22 at 04:25 PM.

Herald of the Titans DiscoGhost's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I would say rogue, for the most part with stealth as long as you are careful you get to time when you enter and leave a fight, I'm not a huge pvper myself but being able to not be seen while recup healing or scouting around you can provide info to your team and help cause a distraction if need be.
    rogue is the highest skill capped melee. dont go rogue.

imo frost dk, warrior, bm hunter. for healer hpally is probably the easiest to learn
    You can tune a piano, but you can't tuna fish.

Deleted
    How could you recommend any melee to him? Are you all crazy? Staying in a 5 y range when everything is jumping around you and nuking you from save distance is so frustrating ... BGs and RBGS = avoid melee. Arenas you can try them out, but you are not interesting about arenas, aren't you?
    Pick up Hunter, caster or any healer. With healer you can make some mistakes and still do ok job. If you really insist to be a melee, then go for a Arms Wariior. But as a Warrior you will have to change stances like every 5 seconds and you will never be sure, if you are in a wright stance:P Battle or Berserker one? Should I go in Defensive stance for a while and drop all my dmg, or risk and stay in Bers or even Battle one ...