Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Aparently, you can kill bosses with looks of your gear....
    Naturally. My gear applies a debuff that causes bosses to die of envy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hell no! I don't miss looking the same as everyone else.

hell no. some of the newer sets looks like shit.
    like the stupid T15 druid set. really? a haunted tree? how the hell is that druidism?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    I can judge how well a person is geared out of their HP

Transmog was the ONE thing i was hoping for would be added since vanilla, hope we one day can get dyes or change color/weapon glows
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Not even a little bit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    I don't like the general art direction that MoP went in and I think a lot of my gear looks goofy
    You're not alone. MoP gear looked like trash. T16 for every class was exceptionally bad (Man, I thought the unwritten rule was that Warlocks had to look good. Horned Nightmare proved that wrong).

10+ Year Old Account
    I've never envied people in "good" gear. I'm, in fact, surprised to hear that people ever did.

And there's nothing preventing you from transmogging into your "good" gear tiers and standing around and making everyone "impressed" at you.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Denkou View Post
    Before I start, let me just say that I am not saying that transmogrification should be removed. Let me just make that clear. I think transmogrification is a cool addition to the game that certainly made many people happy by being able to wear their favorite gear long after its gone obsolete. I know there's a lot of people out there who are really into it, and some get really creative and make some pretty cool sets.

That said, one of the things that it took away, at least for me, was the ability to look at another player and know exactly what they're wearing. If I saw someone wearing T6, I knew they were a pretty serious raider. Someone with a full PvP set and an elite weapon wasn't able to change their appearance, so you would see that weapon and know right away that they were going to be hard to beat. A lot of weapons were iconic in PvP, such as Stunherald; its appearance was unmistakeable, and in the hands of a mace-specced Warrior, it meant you were probably going to be stunlocked for awhile.

Why does this matter? I'm going to be honest: e-peen. When I first started playing, I would see players around Org with full tier or PvP sets and I would envy them so much, longing for the day that I would obtain the awesome gear they had. And if ever I was on top of the food chain and had a weapon or some armor that was BiS and not many others had, I would wear it with pride. Occasionally I'd even have someone whisper me, telling me that they really wanted the axe or the helm that I had. And, like I touched upon earlier, being able to see exactly what someone was wearing was a way for you to "size them up" and determine whether or not they were a good player, just by looking at them. Of course, there were always discrepancies. Just because someone had a full set of X armor or X weapon didn't necessarily mean they were good; they might have bought runs to get those items, or even bought the account. But nonetheless, it was a way of getting a general idea of how far along in the game someone was, and it was nice to show off your gear with pride.

Of course, you can still show off your gear with pride in the game today. If I had full T16 with a heroic warforged Xal'atoh and Tusks of Mannoroth, then there is no doubt in my mind that I would rock that and show it off in its un-transmogrified glory. From my observations, though, it seems like most players I encounter do transmogrify their gear.

Like I previously stated, I'm not saying transmogrification should be removed. In fact, I don't like the general art direction that MoP went in and I think a lot of my gear looks goofy, so its nice to be able to wear my old T5 set, which is probably one of my favorite sets ever. I just kind of miss the days of being able to look at someone and think, "oh crap, he has full Vengeful, better run".

Does anyone else ever feel this way from time to time or is it just me?
    imo I think the days are over when people inspected you or looked at your gear and were impressed. It was mostly in classic because the game was new and seeing people in top geared armor with cool weapons from end game raiding, perhaps riding a cool mount with 100% speed. Sure that was impressive back then, but I think it died shortly after classic, or TBC. Not because anything changed really, except the people that play WoW now and have been for a long time don't really care bcause a person has full SoO hc warforged geared. I don't think people cared back in cata or WotLK, except if you had some decent titles(realm first/hard ones) or one of those rare mounts not everyone had. But that's just what I think about it. Times change, and with transmog you can actually make your set look good, instead of having random pieces that don't even fit. 2 set item, some off-set items with different color and model. Just makes your char ugly tbh. I'd rather transmog to a full set or something that fits together,

Anyways that´s just what I think.

As someone who dislikes 85-90% of WoW's gear's looks, no, I don't miss those days.

Deleted
    No.

Even though vanity is said to be a mortal sin (not that I believe in that stuff anyway) or otherwise undesirable, I certainly don't miss being on the mercies of devs with a horrendous fashion sense. Especially as a Paladin, who have a couple of nice and MANY ugly, ridiculous or just plain disgusting armor sets that don't even resemble plate armor.

Quote Originally Posted by sajaki View Post
    This. I very much doubt I'd be even playing the game anymore if it wasn't for transmog.
    Indeed, it allows you to customize your toon to look much more like your ideal of the class, whichever that might be (knights looking like proper knights, wizards as wizards etc. and not some horrifying abomination), which means a lot when it comes to immersion in a computer game.

Quote Originally Posted by aviectus View Post
    This the only thing i can agree with you, MoP had (except SOME challenge mode sets ) the WORST sets ever since vanilla.
    Have to agree with this. Besides I've always disliked the far eastern armor style - in historical, practical and gameplay sense. Hell, I would refuse to go into battle wearing one of those ridiculous part-cloth, part-paper creations that have fraction of the protection of a standard European soldier's armor while lacking the articulation and weight distribution that allows good movement.

As a Paladin I do like the PvP belt that has a libram however, although I'm not using it in my current "main transmog".

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac2 View Post
    Aparently, you can kill bosses with looks of your gear....
    It helps by boosting morale. How well would you fight in a clown suit?
    Last edited by mmocf7a456daa4; 2014-03-30 at 03:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont miss it at all. Up until wrath most of the gear was hideous. The funny thing about transmog was that you had to use older and very possibly the hideous gear. Now if blizz can work on making awesome looking gear(I know thats impossible, you cant hit the exact same spot every single time) You wont need to worry about transmog.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, and to add to the topic... remember Outland Clown syndrome?

OP, do you really envy looking like this?

“Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post

Absolutely glorious!

OT: Absolutely not.
    I love being able to "wear" the gear I like to look at and not be affected by the lower stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post

I too long for having to click one less button
    There, fixed that for you.

And in all honesty, this is the real reason most people would be against transmog, because that's the only justifiable reason I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturmbringe View Post
    Ofc I miss Classic WoW before the Catafail/Panda & Pokemon days. Everybody minus rabid Blizzard fanbois do.
    Or maybe it's the rabid Blizzard fanbois who want their old WoW back and keep harping on it in vain while the rest of us have moved on and adapted. Enjoy screaming on the street corner like the unwashed conspiracy bum you are. You're about as relevant and listened to as same.

That said, pre-transmog was...ugh. I can't imagine having to go back to mismatched fuggly bullshit. Gimme the classic BC and Wrath skins(and a couple things here and there from Cata), cos as folks have said, the MoP stuff looks awful.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I like the idea of transmog in theory but not in practice.

My mage is always decked out in the same pvp gear and I looked into getting a new set.
    Loved vanilla field marshal gear. No transmog. Twilight cultist robe? No transmog.
    Red Mageweave doesn't look bad. Not on AH, don't want it is a profession (I already
    dropped it once). The firelands set looks fantastic-all you have to do is assemble
    a team and raid it for days....

I'll probably settle for cata timelord gear, but it seriously clashes with the chronomancer
    stuff.

I feel a basically fun idea has been ruined by the imposition of restrictive rules and enforced
    endless grinding.
    you cant solo firelands?
    Rejoice, For very bad things are about to happen...

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    I threw up in my mouth a little.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would you want to wear most of what MoP gear has looked like? I didn't think so.

No, no one really misses looking like they dropped each piece of gear in a different can of paint. There are addons that will let you judge people if that's what you're interested in.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Not really. There have been a few items I've seen and thought "ooh that looks nice", but otherwise I never care about the player that had it equipped.

In PVP, I never worry about WHAT the enemy player has equipped (I'm not that "hardcore" about PVP). If it was red and had its name showing (I turn off names for friendly players), it was to be attacked.

I don't generally pay much attention to the equipped players hanging around in the capitals. I'm out and about...you know playing the game?
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Deleted
    No. Does anyone?