Page 1 of 2
LastLast

hypothetical question.

What is the smallest possible bullet that is capable of killing a Tyrannosaurus Rex

The Golden Gun, obviously! One shot. One Kill.

Last edited by OneSent; 2014-03-29 at 02:36 PM.

Deleted
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577_Tyrannosaur

Yes, somebody did indeed design and build a weapon to kill dinosaurs.

Deleted
    Depends on the speed of the bullet but in reallity its probably like rich said.
    en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Micrometeoroid#Effect_on_spacecraft_operations
    Last edited by mmocd79acbf389; 2014-03-29 at 02:39 PM.

.50 BMG has up to 14,000 ftlbs muzzle energy. So I'd recommend it over the Tyrannosaur.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Many would be surprised how deadly a .22 can be. They think because it is such a small caliber, they refer to them as pee shooters. In reality a .22 can kill a elephant if it strikes the right spot. But for practical reasons and to be sure to "stop" a elephant, you need a gun very powerful. Like a "Elephant gun", which I am sure could kill a T-Rex. How effective any gun is depends on if the projectile hits the correct spot. No matter what caliber it is.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2014-03-29 at 02:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.577_Tyrannosaur

Yes, somebody did indeed design and build a weapon to kill dinosaurs.
    I need this, because reasons...

Without knowing the density of skin, tissue and bone its pretty hard to gauge.

You can kill an elephant with a .22lr but it requires almost perfect precision and luck. Same could probably be said for T-Rex.

If I had to do battle with dinosaurs, I don't think I would want anything less than a .308.

If you want to be absolutely sure you could go for
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.950_JDJ

But at that point I think recoil starts to prohibit the possibility of getting a second shot off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hypothetical question: was this thread deliberately made for gun nuts and other big game hunters so they can have a hard-on caliber discussion without anti-gun people storming in?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

^I'm in no way pro gun. And guns scare the shit out of me. But it's still a fun hypothetical.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Hypothetical question: was this thread deliberately made for gun nuts and other big game hunters so they can have a hard-on caliber discussion without anti-gun people storming in?
    We are talking about hunting dinosaurs, do you expect anyone to take it seriously?

Quote Originally Posted by RICH8472 View Post
    We are talking about hunting dinosaurs, do you expect anyone to take it seriously?
    How far away could cloning dinosaurs possibly be?
    How can anybody NOT take this discussion seriously.

One day some idiot exotic pet collector is accidentally going to let their T-Rex out and you'll be glad you had this discussion.

Deleted
    Everyone knows the dinosaurs roamed the earth at the same time as Jesus.

I don't think the son of God would appreciate you shooting at them sir.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Everyone knows the dinosaurs roamed the earth at the same time as Jesus.

*DINOSNIP*

I don't think the son of God would appreciate you shooting at them sir.
    Really? The topic is about suggesting munitions for killing tyrannosaurs and you manage to pull religion into it on the first page?

15+ Year Old Account
    Best way to kill a t-rex = stick a bomb in a piece of meat. Let the t-rex eat it, remote detonate the bomb. Victory.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Best way to kill a t-rex = stick a bomb in a piece of meat. Let the t-rex eat it, remote detonate the bomb. Victory.
    Trip wires.

Give him an IKEA credit card with no limit and a house to remodel. That'll get you in trouble real fast.

Deleted
    What is wrong with a good old fashioned high explosive missile? An RPG-7 would make a right mess of the small armed fiend.

A stake pit should also fuck up a tyrannosaur or any of the bipedal dinosaurs pretty bad.

What if they are supernatural zombie dinosaurs?

WHAT THEN!?

"Will you survive the... VelociRapture?"