10+ Year Old Account
    For Arcane the intention was never really to Barrage the Crystal anyway unless you completed your rotation and had nothing else to cast because of mana, though that would also imply bad preparation and/or horrible luck.

I'll have to jump into beta and test how it plays with the sexy set bonuses.
    My magic will tear you apart.

yeah I really don't understand where Blizzard is going with this buffing already powerful SPEC doing nothing to overpowered specs for months on end it's very strange and not getting any information as to why these changes are being made or no changes are being made.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkaneer View Post
    yeah I really don't understand where Blizzard is going with this buffing already powerful SPEC doing nothing to overpowered specs for months on end it's very strange and not getting any information as to why these changes are being made or no changes are being made.
    You only have to look at most class changes this Beta to see the amount of fuck-tardery these current designers are pulling. They ruined the Warrior DPS specs, I have no idea what they're doing with Mage balance, and they have no idea what they're doing with the game as a whole... as shown by their full tank overhaul under two months before launch(one month before 6.0) and the flip flop between huge buffs and nerfs for certain other specs. It's like they took out the dartboard they used to use under GC and replaced it with an artillery firing range.

In most cases WoD Beta is pretty good, raids/dungeons etc. seem fine so far, but the class balance/mechanics part has been pretty underwhelming for me. It doesn't help that most of the feedback I'm seeing is largely based on ideological crap they have cooked up in their minds as opposed to making the game fun, rewarding, or better.

I'm just glad there is a swathe of new games coming out over the next couple of months to keep me occupied and away from WoW - hopefully by the time WoD releases I won't be as bitter and will actually go into the game with a open mind.

Deleted
    Well, at least I don't have to take PC anymore as Fire.

Deleted
    Tested around with some classes (Frostmage, Ret-Paladin, Combatrogue). I don't know, but I think Prismatic Crystal is way too strong for Frost with T17 at the moment. Ret was around 25k, Rogue 27K, Frostmage 33k (without using Bloodlust or Pot). If you count in that 4-set doesn't even work for Frost, this might be too much. Cometstorm is 24-25k according to my tests.
    Tested at Bossdummy in Shattrath with Raidbuffs, Multistrike-Prio and T17 fullset (rest PvP Gear, it's a Premade on PvP Server because of alternate equipment.)
    But.. Frost feels fluid. Had 13% haste and it feels quite good.
    And.. if you try it a few times, using Prismatic Crystal, Water Jet and Frostbomb isn't very hard. Well.. is that combination Frosts Combustion?

@Valkaneer/QCK

It's not much of a buff to Frost. It's a nerf of 17% on all Ice Lance/Icicles used on the Crystal vs a buff of 15% on any Frost Bomb/Frozen Orb/Frostbolt/Frostfire Bold damage. Since odds are you're doing more of the former damage esp with T17 2pc, it might even be a net nerf (if slight).

Quote Originally Posted by Balhale View Post
    @Valkaneer/QCK

It's not much of a buff to Frost. It's a nerf of 17% on all Ice Lance/Icicles used on the Crystal vs a buff of 15% on any Frost Bomb/Frozen Orb/Frostbolt/Frostfire Bold damage. Since odds are you're doing more of the former damage esp with T17 2pc, it might even be a net nerf (if slight).
    Any buff to frost at all would be pretty ridiculous. The spec is already leaps and bounds better than Fire and Arcane. All these specs that are blatantly over powered needs be brought in line. This reminds me of the old days of every patch they destroy a spec and nerf it into oblivion then buff the other spec so greatly it is blatantly OP. I am wearing thin on this, watching some specs doing 25% and some even up to 50% more damage than other classes it's absurd.

This is Blizzard / World of Warcraft were talking about, a game that is almost 10 years old, and we are watching balance being done as if it is a bran new game in early beta.

Not looking like a buff at all for Frost and PC, been posted over at altered-time.com, looking like a nerf

Vs single target pre nerf
    Icelance hits crystal for 100, crystal hits target for 130, splitting ice hits target for 50, total damage done 180, crystal is a 80% damage increase

Vs single target post nerf
    Icelance hits crystal for 100, crystal hits target for 150, total damage done 150, crystal is 50% damage increase

Quote Originally Posted by gallamann View Post
    Not looking like a buff at all for Frost and PC, been posted over at altered-time.com, looking like a nerf
    It's a nerf in most cases...until Frost Bomb comes into the picture.

Done trying to understand Blizzard with nerfing an already weak spell (Scorch) and turning a blind eye to our glaring PvP problems and other balance issues. Lemme know how the next 3 weeks go; I'll be on D3.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Done trying to understand Blizzard with nerfing an already weak spell (Scorch) and turning a blind eye to our glaring PvP problems and other balance issues. Lemme know how the next 3 weeks go; I'll be on D3.
    Uh....Scorch wasn't weak though. In a PVE context, it was one of the strongest mobile DPS spells across all classes, when you consider how it allows us to perfectly execute our entire rotation on the move.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    Uh....Scorch wasn't weak though. In a PVE context, it was one of the strongest mobile DPS spells across all classes, when you consider how it allows us to perfectly execute our entire rotation on the move.
    It's still a DPS loss to use it (over other things), and keep in mind, we have mobility over, y'know, self-healing or taking less damage in general. If it's really in line with non-FoF'd Ice Lance, then it's next to worthless to cast except to try and get a Hot Streak.

I'm miffed about Scorch, but I'm really furious about how they haven't touched the undertuned stuff and just buffed PC for Frost.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2014-09-19 at 03:02 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Komman View Post
    It's a nerf in most cases...until Frost Bomb comes into the picture.
    Frost Bomb and PC interaction seems like a big headache, I feel like it's impossible to balance either talent while they can exist together, no? That whole row of talents still double-dips with PC too, I guess? I wonder if that was changed and PC ramped upto 50% for all specs how it would look, mainly because Frost Bomb has seemingly far better interaction with PC than LB/Nether Tempest at least in single target situations... I guess Blizzard like what they've created with the FB/PC burst window, though.

Hoping they get this right over the next month.

Deleted
    Short (and maybe stupid) question: Skada and Crystal still not working? Someone mentioned in the german forums my "high" results could be wrong because of double dipping. Tested it as follows: Walked into the center of Shattrath with no enemies, put down crystal, attacked crystal and Skada showed the damage (without any enemy the AoE part could hit). Thought that would have been fixed..but looks like it hasn't ^^" Sorry for my "false" opinion build on mistakes a few posts ago then. ._."

You have an old version of beta skada. Just update the addon.

Quote Originally Posted by Qck View Post
    Frost Bomb and PC interaction seems like a big headache, I feel like it's impossible to balance either talent while they can exist together, no? That whole row of talents still double-dips with PC too, I guess? I wonder if that was changed and PC ramped upto 50% for all specs how it would look, mainly because Frost Bomb has seemingly far better interaction with PC than LB/Nether Tempest at least in single target situations... I guess Blizzard like what they've created with the FB/PC burst window, though.

Hoping they get this right over the next month.

Guessing Blizzard is probably fine with FrB and PC interaction because you must cast FrB onto to PC, which burns a GCD and then PC is going to end well before FrB meaning you lose ~3.5 seconds of FrB time, and for FrB to be effective you must cast a FoF proc into it. Further, you are probably going to blow FO while PC is running for FoF procs. That is alot of effort to maximize PC usage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire 4 set+ ignite bug= fun ensured...

Just managed to get a 18k ignite.
    Last edited by Puuhis; 2014-09-19 at 04:48 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puuhis View Post
    Fire 4 set+ ignite bug= fun ensured...

Just managed to get a 18k ignite.
    Yeah, the 4pc is really nice, just tested it in a dungeon. 6secs of spamming Pyros is pretty awesome (even more if you get 2 procs in a row *pew pew*)

Ignite bug will be fixed, anytime - at least that's what Celestalon announced. So I don't think about it too much

Quote Originally Posted by Smaikiii View Post
    Ignite bug will be fixed, anytime - at least that's what Celestalon announced. So I don't think about it too much
    Evanesce working with Regenerative Ice was also "announced". It's also a much easier issue to fix and was never even touched yet.

Just saying. Stuff they "announce" isn't necessarily going to get put in (like Cleave and Readiness from Blizzcon)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Evanesce working with Regenerative Ice was also "announced". It's also a much easier issue to fix and was never even touched yet.

Just saying. Stuff they "announce" isn't necessarily going to get put in (like Cleave and Readiness from Blizzcon)
    Yahh, of course. But the ignite bug influences the game play and "damage" in such high degree that it just mustn't pass the PTR/beta until 6.0 hits live servers.
    Cleave and Readiness were just *new* things which didn't turn out well (dunno the exact reasons). They weren't big bugs like that.

PS: Using Combustion with T17 2pc reset the cooldown of IB by one recharge time, so 8secs. I also imagined that it could just reset the CD of the currently recharging IB and then the 2. charge begins to recharge at 0/8s, but luckily no.

And honestly and to be fair, I'm not the kind of player who wants to use obvious and known bugs to get any advantages
    Last edited by mmoc8f28c533f3; 2014-09-19 at 09:20 PM.